PDA

View Full Version : Please Help False Teachings

alethos
May 17th 2008, 02:45 PM
Which of the following do you believe are false teachings?

1. Pre-tribulation rapture

2. Unless your baptized in water you remain unsaved

3. Once saved, always saved

daughter
May 17th 2008, 03:27 PM
There is nothing to click on.

alethos
May 18th 2008, 11:59 AM
There is nothing to click on.

I re-edited the post into a question to allow others to answer it.

vinsight4u8
May 18th 2008, 01:22 PM
All three are false teachings.

Jesus is coming at the 7th trumpet for the church to remove her from the planet before the time of the seven vials of His wrath.

daughter
May 18th 2008, 01:37 PM
The first one, we'll know soon enough one way or the other. I used to believe in a pre-trib rapture, but the more I read about the persecution of Christians world wide, the more I think we may already be in the tribulation... so I don't know.

The second one is a false teaching. God can and does save those who have no opportunity to be baptised.

The third one... If you are TRULY saved then you can't be unsaved... I believe. But many people think they are saved, but never truly repented, or accepted the Word of God into their lives. So it looks like someone can be saved then fall away... but God knows and always did know what was in their heart.

So the popular view of OSAS is false - if you say a magic formula, and know a moment of repentance, it doesn't mean that you are once and always saved.

But if God has got you, He won't let you go... and in that case you can't be "unsaved." So in that sense it's true...

:hmm:

That probably makes no sense...

HisGrace
May 18th 2008, 08:28 PM

The first one is true, the other two are false.

1. Pre-tribulation rapture .
If you read Rev. we are going through nothing compared to the tribulation. The church is promised to be raptured away before the wrath of the tribulation.

As a believer I am baptized with the Holy Spirit, therefore am saved. Water baptism is a symbol only of the cleansing of the washing away of sins.

I believe a person can fall away and develop a very hardened heart, with no interest in salvation.

Friend of Jesus
May 19th 2008, 04:38 PM
I agree with your point about OSAS daughter- When we become a Christian (fully as you were saying) we make a promise with God, and God makes a promise with us (similar to Abraham). Although we might neglect God later in our lives, and not keep our promise to God- God will keep his promise. However we have to get to a stage in our relationship with God where this two-way promise will be made (as with Abraham, it wasn't straight away). "Who ever believes in me, will not perish but have eternal life"

You have to be baptised to be saved- HOWEVER, this is a decision of the heart (giving your life to God) and not the water ceremony- which is purely symbolic

ARCHER42
May 19th 2008, 05:02 PM
You have to be baptised to be saved

-----------------------------------------------------------
I disagree with this.. The thief on the cross 'believed' and he had no opportunity to be baptized.. was he cast off because he couldnt be baptized? No.... He was in Paradise with Jesus the Christ. As a believer who has repented of his/her sin and experienced the new birth.. and you have the opportunity , your commanded to be baptized but as far as water immersion being the 'foundation' for salvation .. no.

Oma
May 19th 2008, 05:27 PM
All three are false.

9Marksfan
May 20th 2008, 01:54 PM
All three are false.

So do you think Edwards was wrong? Don't you believe in the Perseverance of the Saints? Or (like me) are you distinguishing that from OSAS?

th1bill
May 20th 2008, 02:09 PM
... I'll have to be a Ditto Head for Daughter, she nailed better than I ever have. And for those of you that just took that hit in the ailerons and went into a flat spin, I am still a pretrib rapture believer but I'll always confess that prophecy is best understood in hindsight. I have no problem with other opinions on the matter as long as they, like myself, are not dogmatic on the matter.

BadDog
May 21st 2008, 12:26 AM

#2 only. Not sure about #1.

Oma
May 21st 2008, 04:01 PM
So do you think Edwards was wrong? Don't you believe in the Perseverance of the Saints? Or (like me) are you distinguishing that from OSAS?

I do believe the Bible teaches the perseverance of the saints, but not "once saved always saved" regardless of how one lives. :)

9Marksfan
May 21st 2008, 08:33 PM
I do believe the Bible teaches the perseverance of the saints, but not "once saved always saved" regardless of how one lives. :)

Glad to hear it! Someone else said that they believed the POPULAR understanding of OSAS was false - but, of course, in an ULTIMATE sense, it is true - although sadly, it is so often the mantra of antinomians......

If you see any of the OSAS -v- NOSAS debates, you'll always see me down as POTS man!

MidnightsPaleGlow
May 23rd 2008, 02:37 AM
I strongly disagree with 2 and 3. Ironic since I go to a Church of Christ which believes that baptism is necessary, I just don't go along with their opinion that baptism is necessary, in fact, I'm working up the strength to refute it and turn them around from it. I once erroneously thought it was necessary, but after doing much research and scripture study, I dropped it after questioning it for about a month and a half. So I was technically saved in early November 2007, but baptized in early December to demonstrate obedience. Saved November, baptized December, that's how I see it. I abandoned the erroneous view that it was necessary in late January after much study. I reject Once Saved Always Saved on the grounds that salvation can be lost through apostasy. As for #1, I don't really know on that one, but I believe that Baptismal Regeneration and OSAS are false.

amazzin
May 23rd 2008, 02:39 AM

The first one is true, the other two are false.

1. Pre-tribulation rapture .
If you read Rev. we are going through nothing compared to the tribulation. The church is promised to be raptured away before the wrath of the tribulation.

As a believer I am baptized with the Holy Spirit, therefore am saved. Water baptism is a symbol only of the cleansing of the washing away of sins.

I believe a person can fall away and develop a very hardened heart, with no interest in salvation.

I agree with this poster

faithfulfriend
May 23rd 2008, 12:05 PM

All three of them. :o

BadDog
Aug 7th 2008, 02:54 AM

holyrokker
Aug 23rd 2008, 04:43 AM
All 3 are false.