PDA

View Full Version : What is your view of salvation?

DAS
May 21st 2008, 11:11 PM
I want to know everyone's view on salvation.

9Marksfan
May 21st 2008, 11:21 PM
Hmm - not quite sure of your definitions! I know what Free Grace means (I think!) - Charles Stanley theology, right? And I know what Lordship means (John MacArthur, right? That's what I voted for) - but what is "Extreme Lordship"?!?

ARCHER42
May 21st 2008, 11:35 PM
I voted for Lordship... He spoke of those who called Him Lord Lord.. yet they didnt follow Him or adhere to His teachings. His Words were on 'their' lips but their 'hearts' were far from Him....
The disciples asked Him who would enter the Kindgom of Heaven.. He said take the Narrow way.. for broad is the path that leads to destruction. Narrow is the way that leads to Eternal Life... He said many would be called, but 'few' chosen.

JordanW
May 22nd 2008, 06:22 AM
Free grace, it's preached throughout the Bible.

BrckBrln
May 22nd 2008, 07:02 PM
Yep, I agree it's Lordship and I too would like to know what is 'Extreme Lordship'.

9Marksfan
May 23rd 2008, 09:06 AM
Free grace, it's preached throughout the Bible.

So do you believe you can be saved without Christ being Lord of your life at all?

vinsight4u8
Jul 21st 2008, 09:37 AM
I just want to add something as to salvation. There's a kind that comes once the tribulation is over, before the 7th seal is opened.

Rev. 6:17 = 6th seal ends
Rev. 7 - "And ater these things I saw...four corners.."
(This is a going back to the seals time picture being shown to John to give some clarity to what he was just shown as to the seals.) John is now going to write about the worst part of the seal time.

Rev. 7:9
"After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude.."
v10
"And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation..."
v14
"..they which came out of great tribulation..."

Rev. 12:10
"And I heard a loud voice saying i heaven, Now is come salvation...for the accuser of our brethren is cast down which accused them before our God day and night."
v11
'And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb...loved not their lives unto the death."

Rev. 19:1
"After these things...Salvation..."
v2
"For... he aht judged the great whore which did corrupt the earth...and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand."
v7
"Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honor to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come..."

The people at this marriage will come back as two armies from heaven. The people not martyred during the trib will be the marriage army that doesn't fight at Armageddon - for they already overcame the beast.

19:14
"And the armies..."
19:19
"...gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army."

Hebrews 9:28
"So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation."

skc53
Jul 21st 2008, 10:10 PM
Salvation is a free gift from God. He gave us the choice either to accept him or reject him. It's by his grace that we are saved. Praise the Lord, thank you Jesus!

vinsight4u8
Jul 22nd 2008, 12:19 AM
Philippians 2:12
"Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.'"

For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ."
1 Thes. 5:9
"...be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ." v23

Hebrews 9:28
"So Christ was once was offered to bear the sins of many...shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation."

BadDog
Aug 7th 2008, 02:43 AM
So do you believe you can be saved without Christ being Lord of your life at all?Yes. He IS Lord. We cannot serve Him nor can we experience the abundant life without obedience, but eternal life is a free gift. Yeah, I'm extreme FG.

But there's a FG beyond that... one that says the focus is on "believe" alone, and not "trust." I strongly disagree.

BD