PDA

View Full Version : The ten commandments versus The Law of Moses

Ta-An
May 29th 2008, 07:18 PM
Even tho the Law includes the 10 commandments, what is the value of the 10 commandments separate from the law?? :hmm:

WtheWildthingsR
May 29th 2008, 07:40 PM
I am so bad at this stuff I probably should not even post in this thread, but HEY why not, it interests me and concerns me :D

Let me see if im close here:

1) The laws of Moses where given to the Jewish people.
2) The ten commandments where given to the Jewish people and the Gentiles.
3) None of us could fully keep all of either.
4) Jesus came and gave us another commandment which if we keep, we will be fullfilling all of the 10 commandments.
5) Without the work of the Cross [salvation], repentance, forgivness, grace and Mercy, it is impossible to please God and work our way into eternal life thru obediance to the laws of moses or attempting to keep the ten commandments.

The value of the 10 commandments is to lead us to repentance and salvation. They show us our need for Jesus, they appear to me impossible to keep perfectly, I need the Mercy and grace of my Savior to recieve eternal life, there is no salvation in the keeping of the law alone.

Teke
May 30th 2008, 07:15 PM
Even tho the Law includes the 10 commandments, what is the value of the 10 commandments separate from the law?? :hmm:

The basis of the law is the ten commandments. The commandments are to aid us in self examination of our immortal soul.:)

Naphal
May 31st 2008, 11:14 PM

I suppose it has the same value as any part of the law which for whatever reason was separated from the whole of the law. I see no reason for doing this however. The ten commandments are not the first commandments given by God, nor are they the last.

I wouldn't even say they are the most important commandments of the law as the entire law and prophets hang on just two commandments.

Matthew 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Matthew 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
Matthew 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Matthew 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

These are the two greatest commandments out of the ten.

Mark 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
Mark 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
Mark 12:31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.