PDA

View Full Version : Lakeland Healing Outpouring

CRNA
May 30th 2008, 07:33 AM
I am just curious ProjectPeter, why would you not consider this a revival? I believe the healings that are taking place are real, but I would like to hear your voice on this also, I understand that I am not fully knowledgable concerning this "movement". Thank you for your time, I know you are a busy man and a blessing to this site.

CRNA

ProjectPeter
May 30th 2008, 03:09 PM
Hello CRNA,

Let me first start out with asking you a few questions. :) This helps us clarify the words that we use. I often say that in Christiandom... we often speak the same language but when you get to talking about what it is that you said... we often times say the same things but mean something totally different! So this helps us get beyond that hurdle.

What is a "revival" to you?

CRNA
Jun 3rd 2008, 06:16 AM
Good question. When I think of revival I think of a moving of the Holy Spirit among the people of Christ. So, I guess, what I am saying is, an "awakening" amongst the body of Christ, one that is so great that believers (as well as non-believers) are being "awakened" and the Spirit of God is going forth in a major way; whether through miraclous signs ect...done in His name.

Now, I understand that we must test all spirits with the Word of God just as 1 John 4 says;

Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

From what I can see, God is being uplifted and all glory for any healings is pointed and is resulted from Him.

I also think of Mark 9:38-41;

38"Teacher," said John, "we saw a man driving out demons in your name and we told him to stop, because he was not one of us."
39"Do not stop him," Jesus said. "No one who does a miracle in my name can in the next moment say anything bad about me, 40for whoever is not against us is for us. 41I tell you the truth, anyone who gives you a cup of water in my name because you belong to Christ will certainly not lose his reward.

CRNA
Jun 3rd 2008, 07:42 AM
Well, after doing some further research, this seems actually pretty scary. This website talks about the faulty teachings of Todd Bently; http://www.revivalschool.com/florida.html

CRNA
Jun 3rd 2008, 08:15 AM
The more and more I delve into this, I here good and bad on both sides, dont know really what to believe about it.

ProjectPeter
Jun 3rd 2008, 11:25 AM
Okay... that's an honest start. How many times have you listened to the Revival or read Todd Bentley's teaching?

CRNA
Jun 3rd 2008, 12:04 PM
Okay... that's an honest start. How many times have you listened to the Revival or read Todd Bentley's teaching?

Well, I have not actually read one of Todd's teachings, but after about 4 hours of reading some exerps from his sermons, I am now on the "something smells fishy" side of this whole ordeal.

ProjectPeter
Jun 3rd 2008, 12:10 PM
The article that you read by Andrew was pretty spot on about Todd. His teachings do have, at least, a strong lean towards a new age thing. Todd is an odd one to me because there are several of us in this forum that do know him personally or like myself... I've spoken to him much over the net and telephone although I have never actually met the guy.

Here is an issue that I ask folks to consider when watching him on Godtv or on the Internet. Todd walks out on stage and there is one thing that you WILL NEVER see (and I watched a lot of the meeting) and that is him with a Bible in his hand. When they pan to the podium... there ain't one there either. You rarely hear him mention Scripture other than to say something like a quote from Acts 2 "your sons and daughters will prophecy and dream visions" or the like... in other words to bolster the "movement" and the actions of folks. That in itself is a bit problematic.