PDA

View Full Version : A really terrific sermon by Paul Washer!

danield
Jun 4th 2008, 02:33 AM
I can't tell you how much I enjoyed this sermon. I think Paul really shined in these words. I wanted to put it in another forum so that more could hear it, but since I have found his teaching in this forum, I will stick it here. Here is the link

God Bless!

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=428082310290:pp

daughter
Jun 4th 2008, 09:21 AM
Hey, I listened to that on Sunday... it was a great sermon, wasn't it!

IBWatching
Jun 9th 2008, 07:51 PM
Not all that glitters is gold. Paul Washer appears to have some solid preaching skills which are winning him admirers/followers. But I find his explanation of a Believer's relationship to God through Jesus Christ a bit wanting. His take is that we are foster kids whom God can simply throw back into the "system" if He can't do anything with them. This runs counter to the NT witness, which is that we have been adopted as sons.

In this day and age, you have to be careful who you listen to. And what they are saying.

ProjectPeter
Jun 9th 2008, 08:00 PM
Not all that glitters is gold. Paul Washer appears to have some solid preaching skills which are winning him admirers/followers. But I find his explanation of a Believer's relationship to God through Jesus Christ a bit wanting. His take is that we are foster kids whom God can simply throw back into the "system" if He can't do anything with them. This runs counter to the NT witness, which is that we have been adopted as sons.

In this day and age, you have to be careful who you listen to. And what they are saying.
You aren't adopted as sons yet. Believers have the Spirit of adoption yes... the promise. But none of us are adopted until we've endured to the end at the redemption of our bodies. That is sure enough New Testament Scriptural. ;)

angelus5370
Jun 18th 2008, 05:32 PM
I have heard 6 of his sermons on you tube, and he's definitely on Fire for the Lord............:pp

9Marksfan
Jun 19th 2008, 10:09 AM
Not all that glitters is gold. Paul Washer appears to have some solid preaching skills which are winning him admirers/followers. But I find his explanation of a Believer's relationship to God through Jesus Christ a bit wanting. His take is that we are foster kids whom God can simply throw back into the "system" if He can't do anything with them.

But does he ACTUALLY say this? Or is it just your conclusion from his challenges? I'm sure that Paul DOES believe in the NT teaching on adoption - for TRUE believers - but, yes, those who are false are actually spoken of as b**t*rds in Heb 12 - is that your issue?

daughter
Jun 19th 2008, 11:12 AM
Washer has never said that in any of his sermons that I've heard. He says that many call on His name, claim to be believers, but aren't. There is a wonderful sermon that I heard of his on Song of Solomon, where he talks about Christ's faithful, enduring, unstoppable love for those who love Him, and how even when we are unfaithful, or lazy, or slack, Christ will always be there.

I remember listening to it with my son, and when he got to the bit where the woman comes back to her garden, thinking she has lost Him, only to find that He was always there, and is waiting in her garden, picking flowers, the both of us were in tears.

No way does Washer think a Christian can lose their salvation.

(It was a very different sermon from those that he is most famous for... this one was an encouragement to the true church, and was simply full of Joy.)

9Marksfan
Jun 19th 2008, 01:45 PM
Washer has never said that in any of his sermons that I've heard. He says that many call on His name, claim to be believers, but aren't. There is a wonderful sermon that I heard of his on Song of Solomon, where he talks about Christ's faithful, enduring, unstoppable love for those who love Him, and how even when we are unfaithful, or lazy, or slack, Christ will always be there.

I remember listening to it with my son, and when he got to the bit where the woman comes back to her garden, thinking she has lost Him, only to find that He was always there, and is waiting in her garden, picking flowers, the both of us were in tears.

How wonderful!

No way does Washer think a Christian can lose their salvation.

(It was a very different sermon from those that he is most famous for... this one was an encouragement to the true church, and was simply full of Joy.)

Fantastic that he has a real pastor's heart as well as an evangelist's "fire"!

Ekeak
Jun 20th 2008, 01:26 AM

It's not harsh, it's Loving. The Book of Life is fleeting... that much we do know. Because it's hard to truly believe.

danield
Jun 20th 2008, 06:51 PM
This sermon I listened to was the truth in its entirety! I know men do make mistakes, and Paul is not perfect, but he is speaking the truth from his heart is this sermon, and his message is very much needed in the world today. I really hope the Lord blesses him so that we get to hear more of his love for our Savior!

God Bless all!

Drums4Him
Jun 23rd 2008, 03:15 AM
Paul Washer knocks my socks off. He is a very inspirational preacher, his messages always lift me up!