PDA

View Full Version : God's purpose.

davidandme
Jun 25th 2008, 04:07 PM
Does God has a purpose for every thing that happens to us, or some times things happen because of sin?

mikebr
Jun 25th 2008, 06:28 PM
Does God has a purpose for every thing that happens to us, or some times things happen because of sin?

Does God have a purpose for everything that happens to us? Yes
Do sometimes things happen because of sin? Yes

God works all things together for our good if we love him.

My daughter got pregnant out of wedlock. Sin.
Its the best thing that's ever happened to her. God used it to draw it to Himself.

Frances
Jun 25th 2008, 07:05 PM
God allows us to create circumstance He would not have chosen for us. God allows us to Sin. Even our Sin He can use in some way for good.

davidandme
Jun 26th 2008, 12:18 AM
Do you have Scripture to back that up? Thanks.

davidandme
Jun 26th 2008, 12:20 AM
Praise God, for this victory! I agree with you 100% But I don't understand this concept 100% God bless.

Joey Porter
Jun 26th 2008, 01:48 AM
I think a perfect example of how even sin has a purpose is the crucifixion. It was the will of Yahweh for the sin of the crucifixion to be carried out, so that a good purpose could ultimately be carried out - the salvation of man!

Yes, I would say that every sin and insignificant action and occurence in the universe is happening according to a set design and purpose, and everything is happening in the proper time. However, I would say that a truly deep and rich knowledge of all of this is far beyond the grasp of the human mind.

9Marksfan
Jun 26th 2008, 11:01 PM
I think a perfect example of how even sin has a purpose is the crucifixion. It was the will of Yahweh for the sin of the crucifixion to be carried out, so that a good purpose could ultimately be carried out - the salvation of man!

Yes, I would say that every sin and insignificant action and occurence in the universe is happening according to a set design and purpose, and everything is happening in the proper time. However, I would say that a truly deep and rich knowledge of all of this is far beyond the grasp of the human mind.

You are truly not far from the kingdom of God - can I ask what is holding you back from becoming a Christian? You seem to understand the main issue that most non-Christians have to "justify" not becoming Christians - and you understand that the cross was how salvation was won - so what are you waiting for?!?!

davidandme
Jun 27th 2008, 12:55 AM
I hope you are right. Because I am going through some difficult times right now. God bless.

mikebr
Jun 27th 2008, 01:04 AM
I hope you are right. Because I am going through some difficult times right now. God bless. I can promise you from experience that you will look back on this and see how God was working. I don't care how bad it seems right now. I lost two houses to fires, a sister, two first cousins my same age, and three uncles to car wrecks, all the deaths in a four year period. I don't know how but I came out of it all trusting Him more. He truly worked it for my good. If you could see my granddaughter, Emma...............

davidandme
Jun 27th 2008, 01:08 AM
Sorry for your losses and praise God for your victories. God bless you always.

mikebr
Jun 27th 2008, 01:11 AM
Sorry for your losses and praise God for your victories. God bless you always.

It all happened about thirty years ago. Believe me I went through some rough times with the Lord. I learned to be honest with Him. Didn't really like Him for a time. The saying that time heals all wounds is not really true, but He really does. Thanks.

Sold Out
Jun 27th 2008, 03:33 PM

Yes and yes..............