PDA

View Full Version : What's your exercise routine?

Christian_lady
Jun 25th 2008, 07:24 PM
Our Bible tells us to keep in shape :P

I was wondering what your exercise routine is or how do you keep your temple well and running?

Pleroo
Jun 25th 2008, 07:36 PM
Well, I've been off and on with exercise in the past, but continue to strive to make this an ongoing lifestyle.

Right now, because I have a good amount of weight to lose, I shoot for exercising 7 days a week, with one day being an easy or "rest" day.

I include 2 days of upper body resistance, 2 days of lower body resistance, and 2-3 days working my core muscles.

I also try to do some cardio every day. Sometimes as little as 30 minutes, but I usually shoot for anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours. I use dvds for my cardio workouts, mostly. I'm also blessed at this time to have access to a pool, and can do 2-3 days a week of an hour of aquasize, as well as spending time simply swimming, walking and jogging in the pool.

I have five kids, so it seemed overwhelming at first to find time to exercise. But now that I'm in a routine, that really doesn't seem like such a big issue.

What's your routine, CL?

Christian_lady
Jun 25th 2008, 09:52 PM
Ok since you asked...

I don't have any kids, live alone and I work part-time and go to school part-time.

My job includes being on my feet all day and always walking while school involves me sitting down and reading lots (i.e. not burning any energy).

I do a lot of housework for myself, parents as well as my grandparents. Believe it or not but housework keeps you in shape.

I TRY to go to the gym daily for only an hour (including my changing and showering time). What I do is a 10 minute job/walk and the rest of the time weight-lifting (only one muscle at a time). I try to do 30 situps a day.

My body is by no means model material but healthy is my aim.

Pleroo
Jun 25th 2008, 10:46 PM
It sounds like you're incredibly busy! Kudos to you for making your health a priority. :)

Christian_lady
Jun 26th 2008, 02:38 PM
It sounds like you're incredibly busy! Kudos to you for making your health a priority. :)

Ephesians 5:29 tells us, "After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it..."

It's a good book full of practical advice, isn't it? :P:P:P

Rocking horse
Jun 29th 2008, 03:31 PM
My routine is very simple.....I go to bed at about 11.30pm....never get up before 9am..mmm, make that 9.30 or 10am if I can get away with it. The house is always tidy because I do a little each day and there's only the 2 of us and 2 quite large dogs...the dogs make more mess than either of us. I'm 5ft 8ins tall and weigh 80 kilo....I've been the same for many years. I rarely eat junk food....maybe once a month, otherwise I enjoy lots of meat, fish, fruit and vegies......don't smoke or drink alcohol....and stay as calm and stress free as possible. I think being stress free...if possible...is a good thing to be. As the old adage says....slow and steady wins the race !!! I couldn't agree more.

Smiles ladies,

Rocky

moonglow
Jun 29th 2008, 04:29 PM
My routine is very simple.....I go to bed at about 11.30pm....never get up before 9am..mmm, make that 9.30 or 10am if I can get away with it. The house is always tidy because I do a little each day and there's only the 2 of us and 2 quite large dogs...the dogs make more mess than either of us. I'm 5ft 8ins tall and weigh 80 kilo....I've been the same for many years. I rarely eat junk food....maybe once a month, otherwise I enjoy lots of meat, fish, fruit and vegies......don't smoke or drink alcohol....and stay as calm and stress free as possible. I think being stress free...if possible...is a good thing to be. As the old adage says....slow and steady wins the race !!! I couldn't agree more.

Smiles ladies,

Rocky

Yea I heard the more you sleep the more calaroies you burn...so sleep lots! :lol:

I personally hates exercising..its BORING!

But there are some benefits...(rats..wish their wasn't..that would make for a better reason to not do it! lol)...sigh.

I am pretty active...if possible...depends on what my back is doing though..:rolleyes: Since I can't do alot of normal exercising due to my back I am focusing mainly right now on building up my arm muscles using weights. The stronger they are, the less I have to 'put my back into things' and the less pain!. I sit in a recliner (to support my back) and use weights to exercise my arms. Even walking can bind up the muscles in my back...sometimes they loosen them...but I never know which might happen. As I say though I keep busy with housework, yard work and other things so that helps. And swimming in the summertime! :)

God bless

Rocking horse
Jun 30th 2008, 02:15 AM
Yea I heard the more you sleep the more calaroies you burn...so sleep lots! :lol:

I personally hates exercising..its BORING!

But there are some benefits...(rats..wish their wasn't..that would make for a better reason to not do it! lol)...sigh.

I am pretty active...if possible...depends on what my back is doing though..:rolleyes: Since I can't do alot of normal exercising due to my back I am focusing mainly right now on building up my arm muscles using weights. The stronger they are, the less I have to 'put my back into things' and the less pain!. I sit in a recliner (to support my back) and use weights to exercise my arms. Even walking can bind up the muscles in my back...sometimes they loosen them...but I never know which might happen. As I say though I keep busy with housework, yard work and other things so that helps. And swimming in the summertime! :)

God bless

A few years ago I got real enthusiastic and joined a gym....got off the stepping machine the wrong way and broke my ankle....drrrrrr !!! Then I started to ride a bike around our district....soon got hemroids....drrrrr...so much for exercise !!! Rocky

cnw
Jun 30th 2008, 03:33 AM
hahaha, I wiggle my toes a lot and think about excersizing. I can't wait till I can start belly dancing again. I don't do it publically, but it is fun and keeps me in great shape. My 6 yr old daughter does it with me too.
It will be in about 8 weeks.
I would love to hear if anyone has some neat excersizes with a ball???

sunsetssplendor
Jun 30th 2008, 05:06 PM
Our Bible tells us to keep in shape :P

I was wondering what your exercise routine is or how do you keep your temple well and running?

I chase after a 3 year old at the park. Great exercise.

LadyinWaiting
Jun 30th 2008, 09:12 PM
I just bought one of those 10-minute workout videos (the kind that have 5 sessions that are each 10 minutes long and you can do one or all of them depending on time). It's the Latin Dancing one...WOW! That will build up a sweat in a hurry!

I'm going to try doing at least one session in the morning after my breakfast and at least 2-3 others throughout the day. I'm also trying to do 50 normal crunches and 25 each oblique every other day. In addition to that, my husband and I usually go on 1 or 2 mile or 2 mile walks a week. We're also going to start swimming.

Since I'm not working this summer I'm going to try to actually hit the gym at our complex once or twice a week.

(I'm trying to lose the 10 lbs I gained over the past year. My sister wanted to get more shots of me in my wedding dress now that we can walk in the grass or on the beach and not worry about it getting dirty before the wedding. I wouldn't be able to fit into it unless I get back down in weight. Darn birth control made it a lot easier for me to put on the weight.)

SetFree
Jun 30th 2008, 09:20 PM
During the winter, I started doing the Body for Life training program and it is amazing how quickly your strength increases. I was so impressed the day I could do 12 boy pushups.

This summer though I have let my gym membership relapse and I have started running more to train for the 5K breast cancer fun in the fall.