PDA

View Full Version : McCain or Obama?

God's Leading Lady
Jun 26th 2008, 12:53 AM
I think the question is pretty self-explanatory, lol. ;) (For those of you who are American citizens and registered voters, of course.) Well, I'm not ashamed to say that when I head to the polls this November, I'll be voting for John McCain.

Although some say that his "age may work against him", (he's 71), I don't believe that that has interfered with his ability to uphold a successful campaign, or will interfere with his ability to maintain office if elected. Some interesting things that I recently learned about McCain is that he was a member of the Naval academy, his father was a Naval officer, and he was born in the Panama Canal.

Joey Porter
Jun 26th 2008, 01:34 AM
They both SEEM like pretty nice guys, but they're politicians, so I don't know how they can be. Ha. I don't vote so I picked neither.

God's Leading Lady
Jun 26th 2008, 01:37 AM
They both SEEM like pretty nice guys, but they're politicians, so I don't know how they can be. Ha. I don't vote so I picked neither.

You don't vote? If you're old enough to vote and don't vote, I'm sorry to hear that. :) But yes, you are correct, "looks can be deceiving".

Ninna
Jun 26th 2008, 03:00 PM
Since this is election related, I am moving this to the Election forum.

redeemedbyhim
Jun 26th 2008, 03:41 PM
I'll be voting for John McCain, though if I had my druthers, it would have been Duncan Hunter.

Clavicula_Nox
Jun 26th 2008, 03:50 PM
I vote neither. I distrust both of them.

kistan
Jun 26th 2008, 04:06 PM
Barack Obama..........

Fenris
Jun 26th 2008, 04:29 PM
McCain, though not by much.

grptinHisHand
Jun 26th 2008, 07:59 PM
I am not really happy with our candidates this year. But I will vote for John McCain. Better than not voting at all.
g :o

Seeker of truth
Jun 26th 2008, 08:04 PM
Neither! I'll be writting in a vote for Huckabee :)

EarlyCall
Jun 29th 2008, 10:08 PM
McCain. He has a son that has served in Iraq, may still be and I believe a son in the Naval academy.

I don't always agree with McCain, but he is a man of honor .

redeemedbyhim
Jun 30th 2008, 07:30 AM
McCain. He has a son that has served in Iraq, may still be and I believe a son in the Naval academy.

I don't always agree with McCain, but he is a man of honor .

I agree. I don't agree with some of his policies (do I ever!), but I admire that man's courage under fire! Who in recent history could hold a candle to that man's honor?

God's Leading Lady
Jul 2nd 2008, 02:45 AM
I don't always agree with McCain, but he is a man of honor.

Yes, I agree! I think people sometimes forget that being a good leader doesn't mean being "perfect". Even good leaders make mistakes from time to time.

diffangle
Jul 2nd 2008, 03:27 AM
I vote neither. I distrust both of them.
Same here... I'll be writing in Ron Paul. :)

Jesusinmyheart
Jul 9th 2008, 04:48 PM
I voted neither, though i'm afraid that voting neither or writing in another will only give Barack the upper hand in winning this election, simply because it will be a racially/religiously determined issue.

I'm afraid it would almost be better to vote for Mc Cain just to keep Barack out of office.

Shalom,
Tanja

GodsamazingGrace77
Jul 9th 2008, 04:55 PM
Terrible choice IMHO.......hmmm.......Obama or McCain..........I'll go w/ the lesser of the two evils and vote for McCain. :hmm:

grptinHisHand
Jul 9th 2008, 04:55 PM
I voted neither, though i'm afraid that voting neither or writing in another will only give Barack the upper hand in winning this election, simply because it will be a racially/religiously determined issue.

I'm afraid it would almost be better to vote for Mc Cain just to keep Barack out of office.

Shalom,
Tanja
The last part of what she said. I did pick McCain in this poll and will make sure I get out and put in my vote.
g

apothanein kerdos
Jul 12th 2008, 01:07 AM
I'm voting for Newt Gingrich - don't care if he's not running.

God's Leading Lady
Jul 14th 2008, 10:06 PM

:lol: Can't argue with that, lol. Has anyone else besides myself heard Obama's "pastor" preach? "Muslim for Christ". :rolleyes: You can tell alot about someone by the company they keep...

ChristianKnight
Jul 15th 2008, 11:47 PM
I vote neither. I believen a man for the people, so I will never vote.

God's Leading Lady
Jul 16th 2008, 02:12 PM
I vote neither. I believen a man for the people, so I will never vote.

You "believe in a man for the people"?

ChristianKnight
Jul 16th 2008, 04:33 PM
You "believe in a man for the people"?

I want a president who is actually for the people, not for money.

God's Leading Lady
Jul 16th 2008, 04:38 PM
I want a president who is actually for the people, not for money.

Oh, OK, I see. Thanks for clarifying.::winks::

Romulus
Aug 11th 2008, 07:58 PM
As a Christian I cannot support anyone that believes abortion is okay. If there is any issue that I believe that God looks at as an abomination there is none such as the murder of His children. I can honestly care less about the economy while 4000 children are murdered each day. Even though gas prices are an issue that pales in comparison to the death of a baby. God will not bless us our country while we allow our own holocaust to continue. We as the Church must stand up and proclaim what is right. It was the Church's mistake to not stand up when we needed to. We must stand up for those that cannot stand up for themselves.

Most of us believe that life begins at conception. Most Church's believe this as well. They are wrong! Life does not begin at conception. I point to the following scripture:

Jeremiah 1:5

Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you.

I would challenge every believer on this board to really understand the above scripture. Many will argue that murder is wrong but a child is not living yet so how can it be murder? That is the argument that the courts openly state when they say "when does life begin"? As Christians we must believe that Life does not begin at conception, it begins in the mind of God. There is no other truth. All life begins with God. Therefore, we cannot take away that life. If it is taken away it is murder. Does God forgive, always. But that does not mean we can let what is an abomination in his sight go untouched. We as His children must stand up for the children that do not have a voice, those that are loved by God and do not have a chance to fulfill God's plan for their lives. Anyone that says that abortion should be allowed is not someone we should support. It is utterly irrelevant if they are Christian or not, the question is are they against the will of God and against what scripture states. Even Mitt Romney who is a Mormon, was not in conflict with the Word of God. He would have stood up for life because his belief compels him.

If we as the Church do not vote against this, it will continue. All we have is one who is against and one who is for it. It does not matter if the one who is against it, actually does something or not, what matters is what we stand up and state what we believe is right. We must not hide either. Believe me I would rather have two other candidates but with what we have I will vote for the one who has stated he is pro-life. There is no other option for me.

Do not hide and not vote. The question is what is said by what you have proclaimed in the election. The truth is what we vote is what we will state is important to us and in the eyes of Christ. I believe he only sees one thing now. The murder of His children. It is a hard truth. What would Christ say after the election. It does not matter who wins but what I did that matters. God does not see the result, he only sees the heart. What was our heart in the coming election. It can only be 1 of 3 choices:

1) I voted against abortion
2) I supported abortion
3) I didn't stand up for anything

I live in NY and my vote has consistantly been on the losing side in every election, whether local or national but that doesn't matter. What did God see in how I voted? I voted for the one who would have stood with what scripture has said was right, did my vote count, yes but only in the eyes of God. I challenge every believer to make a stand against the greatest evil in the world today. I hope that one day we could have two candidates that are pro-life and then we can get to the other issues. But until that day we have what we have. Let us stand up and within a generation to see the evil of abortion stopped. In one generation millions of children have been murdered. I believe in less then one generation we can make this country great again, and blessed by God.

Please vote. God Bless! :)

redeemedbyhim
Aug 11th 2008, 09:00 PM
So true, Romulus. How we vote is seen by God, I like how you put it:
"...did my vote count, yes but only in the eyes of God."

There are entirely too many, so called Christians, who will cast their "lot" with the likes of Obama and think God will wink at the abortion issue, as if it didn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

melpointy
Aug 12th 2008, 10:14 AM
I was going to vote Mcain till I read his page he keeps turning things over to please the people. Barack is convinving but NO WAY. NOT HILARY HOPEFULLY EITHER..

Anyways Mitt Romney (Mormon LDS CULT) is going to be John Mcains running mate.

Doesnt this contradict the dont be unequally yoked with unbelievers.

Mitt Romney Dad was Gov of Mi awhile back also mormon LATTER day saints.

I have voted since I first could vote..LOL...Rep...but not I fill devided because of the choice of VP. What if Mcain Dies and a Mormon is running our country. Yes he may sounds good but looks are deceiving.

He is like a wolf in sheeps clothing to fool us.

read up on the history of mormonism. Look at what happend with that cult where all those kids where taking away because of polygamy. Shameful kids forced to have kids...........I cried that whole week. NO...there is a movie that is true to history own how the mormons killed over 600 people just settling through back in the latter days. It in the Kingdom of The Cults book at family chirstian store but theres a dvd that showed how crazy they got and killed ever one of these christians pilgrams, they dont like to talk about it because it shames them.

Unless he chooses Governor Mike Huckabee I will note vote this year unless God leads me too.

I hate politics i finally passed the class in College after dropping it to many times.

Yes democrats (which Obama is most liberal in the senate) Is our country already in enough DEBT.......Taxes will get raised, it will hurt the middle class, the garbage about medical I dont believe. Its politics. Thats all I have to say. I hate TAX TIME!:mad:

I pray God elects the right leader but personally in my heart the polls show Barack has a good chance at winning. (still wont vote for him)

Mccain has a good chance of winning but if he joins up with a MORMON who paid his way (watched alot of CNN last year) the MORMON church is extrememly rich and extremely dangerous to Christiantiy yes they may do righteous things but the add 2 other books and say there is more then one way to heaven?????????????????????? Sorry folks not gonna happen.

Pray for Mike Huckabee to be VP of Mclain then I will vote. I dont vote neutral because I never know enough on there stance andusually they dont when anyway because spending they cant advertise all the lies on TV to deceive people. If we get a NON CHristian in office this nation is going to suffer. God does chastize for wrong doings. Yes polotics should never come before God but since are early four fathers In God We Trust was the main start. Now its just false doctrines, gay marriages (not nationewide yet) but headed that way. The biggie ABORTION..:mad: I think Rowe who is the starter of this is now A Born again Pro-Life this may help this area but its all who appoints the supreme court judgees and the balance of powers within the senate, house, president. Balance of power, checks and balances, but are we turning to God no this nation is turning against GOD. I feel shameful posting this but In my heart I dont want to vote this year i will leave it in God's hands and pray and fast the whole week. I just wont partake any more of this Cr*P. Sorry. for the language Remove if you must but that is how I feel!:pray::pray::pray: I'm going to pray. over this matter as this is the tuffee election ever. I miss Reagon seemed to be the only one that got things done. I was a carter baby but I know my history.

Just prayer hard thats all I want to say:):pray::pray::pray:

Romulus
Aug 12th 2008, 05:47 PM
So true, Romulus. How we vote is seen by God, I like how you put it:
"...did my vote count, yes but only in the eyes of God."

There are entirely too many, so called Christians, who will cast their "lot" with the likes of Obama and think God will wink at the abortion issue, as if it didn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

That is the sad thing about many Churches today. They look at this issue and do not understand that although other issues are important, abortion is the issue that the Church will be judged on. This country will also be judged but those that do not know the Gospel/or accept it do not have a higher standard to live up to. We do, we are God's children and the truth is within us. This country will continue to do wrong because that it what those that do not have Christ are expected to do. The Church should know better. We must stand up and proclaim what is right no matter what.

To the poster who mentioned the Mormon running mate, yes Mormonism is not Christianity, yes the truth is not in them, yes they must be loved and witnessed to as every other unbeliever but understand that their moral conduct does not conflict with scripture. They acknowledge that abortion is murder. If it is a choice between a pro-life mormon or a pro-choice christian, I go with the pro-life mormon because of the moral stand. Ideally a Christian in office would be great, but someone who is not one who stands with us on the same issues is a stand for what God has said is right. We are not to be unequally yoked with unbelievers but this is a job. If that was the case most of us would have to leave our job now. If a Mormon is chosen to be a running mate, that is not wrong and would further the cause of what is right in God's eyes. Can God use unbelievers, of course! Especially one who agrees that life is sacred. Faith does not matter, that is up to God to judge. But we do have a say in what God has said is right.

Not voting at all is not a stand. I can only speak for myself, the only reason I would not vote is if their were candidates that were all pro-choice. I will stand for God by not voting for anyone. That is not the case in November. We do have a pro-life candidate, he may not live up to his promises but that is irrelevant. We must try with what we know now, not of fear of what may happen later. One candidate will absolutely take away the ban on partial-birth abortion and make laws to strengthen abortion rights in each state. Will we stand and let this happen or try to lend strength to the one who may not be strong on this issue, but will most certainly not give strength to those who believe abortion is okay. We must try and not stay silent. That is what got us in the trouble in the first place. The Church cannot be silent. Remember the quote:

All it takes for evil to exist, is for the good to stand by and do nothing.

I ask each person to vote for life this November. We must pray, not just vote since ultimatley it is God who is control. Christ is on the throne and He is not worried. He is judging the nations and I pray that our generation will be known as the one that stood up for life and lived to see the day that abortion is removed from this country.

:pray:

redeemedbyhim
Aug 13th 2008, 01:05 AM
That is the sad thing about many Churches today. They look at this issue and do not understand that although other issues are important, abortion is the issue that the Church will be judged on. This country will also be judged but those that do not know the Gospel/or accept it do not have a higher standard to live up to. We do, we are God's children and the truth is within us. This country will continue to do wrong because that it what those that do not have Christ are expected to do. The Church should know better. We must stand up and proclaim what is right no matter what.

To the poster who mentioned the Mormon running mate, yes Mormonism is not Christianity, yes the truth is not in them, yes they must be loved and witnessed to as every other unbeliever but understand that their moral conduct does not conflict with scripture. They acknowledge that abortion is murder. If it is a choice between a pro-life mormon or a pro-choice christian, I go with the pro-life mormon because of the moral stand. Ideally a Christian in office would be great, but someone who is not one who stands with us on the same issues is a stand for what God has said is right. We are not to be unequally yoked with unbelievers but this is a job. If that was the case most of us would have to leave our job now. If a Mormon is chosen to be a running mate, that is not wrong and would further the cause of what is right in God's eyes. Can God use unbelievers, of course! Especially one who agrees that life is sacred. Faith does not matter, that is up to God to judge. But we do have a say in what God has said is right.

Not voting at all is not a stand. I can only speak for myself, the only reason I would not vote is if their were candidates that were all pro-choice. I will stand for God by not voting for anyone. That is not the case in November. We do have a pro-life candidate, he may not live up to his promises but that is irrelevant. We must try with what we know now, not of fear of what may happen later. One candidate will absolutely take away the ban on partial-birth abortion and make laws to strengthen abortion rights in each state. Will we stand and let this happen or try to lend strength to the one who may not be strong on this issue, but will most certainly not give strength to those who believe abortion is okay. We must try and not stay silent. That is what got us in the trouble in the first place. The Church cannot be silent. Remember the quote:

All it takes for evil to exist, is for the good to stand by and do nothing.

I ask each person to vote for life this November. We must pray, not just vote since ultimatley it is God who is control. Christ is on the throne and He is not worried. He is judging the nations and I pray that our generation will be known as the one that stood up for life and lived to see the day that abortion is removed from this country.

:pray:

Very well said! :pp

AngelAuthor
Aug 13th 2008, 04:43 AM
in the eyes of Christ. I believe he only sees one thing now. The murder of His children. It is a hard truth.

First: That is not "a hard truth" as it clearly goes against Scripture. Fact is any sin condemns a man to hell and is despicable in the eyes of God...

He sees all sins and abhors every single one. Not just the single-dogmatic view that we want to focus on and foist upon God. The Bible tells us that the eyes of God roam throughout the earth searching out the wickedness in men's hearts. Not just the wicked sin du jour...ALL OF THEM.

Having said that, I voted neither and will vote NEITHER in this upcoming election. Probably the independent party candidate (who is against abortion as well, by the way).

I don't believe in voting for the lesser of two evils...especially when the lesser is only less evil by the razor-thinnest of margins as McCain is. I know there's no such thing as the perfect candidate, but there comes a point when compromise simply goes too far and one's gotta take a stand. As a directly betrayed-by-McCain Arizonan, hard-core conservative Christian, that time for me is now.

redeemedbyhim
Aug 13th 2008, 02:07 PM
First: That is not "a hard truth" as it clearly goes against Scripture. Fact is any sin condemns a man to hell and is despicable in the eyes of God...

He sees all sins and abhors every single one. Not just the single-dogmatic view that we want to focus on and foist upon God. The Bible tells us that the eyes of God roam throughout the earth searching out the wickedness in men's hearts. Not just the wicked sin du jour...ALL OF THEM.

Having said that, I voted neither and will vote NEITHER in this upcoming election. Probably the independent party candidate (who is against abortion as well, by the way).

I don't believe in voting for the lesser of two evils...especially when the lesser is only less evil by the razor-thinnest of margins as McCain is. I know there's no such thing as the perfect candidate, but there comes a point when compromise simply goes too far and one's gotta take a stand. As a directly betrayed-by-McCain Arizonan, hard-core conservative Christian, that time for me is now.

I don't believe abortion is the "sin du jour", but a an abomination in the sight of God. And it isn't "sin" itself that will keep us from His Kingdom, but our rejection of Christ's sacrifice on the Cross of Calvary.
That still leaves the pre-meditated murder of over 50 million children in the womb to contend with.

I don't know where the scripture that says His eyes are roaming the whole earth searching out wickedness, could you site that one, please? (thanks ) I do know of this scripture:
2 Chronicles 16:9
For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him...

EarlyCall
Aug 13th 2008, 05:03 PM

Yes, God sees all sins, every single one and He does not see them all equally either. And that is Biblical. So if we are going to vote in a manner that would allow for someone to be human and yet require that we also consider if they have any good degree of morality at all, we can easily excuse obama from the latter as he does not meet this criteria. McCain at least does.

AngelAuthor
Aug 13th 2008, 05:41 PM
And it isn't "sin" itself that will keep us from His Kingdom, but our rejection of Christ's sacrifice on the Cross of Calvary.
Never said that sin keeps us from His Kingdom, I said it condemns men to hell. The gift of God saves us from that condemnation.

That still leaves the pre-meditated murder of over 50 million children in the womb to contend with. Right...as well as the sinful divorce of millions of marriages, family-destroying adultery, treacherous lies, greed, theft, murder of the born, the pedophilia rape of children, the homosexuality that God sees as an abomination, the encouraged fornication of our youth by the millions, etc... I could go on for hours. Point is that there is LOTS of wickedness and evil in the world and God is not simply focused on the one.

I don't know where the scripture that says His eyes are roaming the whole earth searching out wickedness, could you site that one, please? (thanks )Proverbs 15:3 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=24&chapter=15&verse=3&version=9&context=verse)
The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.

Free Indeed
Aug 13th 2008, 06:15 PM
So if we are going to vote in a manner that would allow for someone to be human and yet require that we also consider if they have any good degree of morality at all, we can easily excuse obama from the latter as he does not meet this criteria. McCain at least does.

It's the other way around. McCain was the one who cheated on his wife, and then left her for another woman after she got scarred up in a cra wreck.

Republicans can *claim* the higher moral ground all they want, but they haven't had it since Lincoln.

melpointy
Aug 13th 2008, 10:44 PM
My stance was i wanted that one guy...?? the christian from southern state was a minister? but he didnt win.

So I havent been keeping up who is running neutral and what do they stand for? I really hate not voting as this country has so many evil issues right now that need to be changed.

I was raised to vote republican but as stated i dont like mccain/nor mitt romney.

So much evil in this country why more:cry:

melpointy
Aug 13th 2008, 10:51 PM
It's the other way around. McCain was the one who cheated on his wife, and then left her for another woman after she got scarred up in a cra wreck.

Republicans can *claim* the higher moral ground all they want, but they haven't had it since Lincoln.

McCain is hardly moral....war for 100 years...Mitt romney possible running mate......:o a morman

Be unequally yoked!

Lincoln....all I know he was a good man and a manic depressive:rolleyes:

Reagan I think was the last moral president personally but i was just a baby then i just here he did much good for this country.;)

just curious who is Obama's runnin mate? Has it been announced yet......Ihope not hillary (they kill full term babies):mad::B

:giveup: As stated should we vote or not??? Lesser of two evils doesnt seem like an option to me in my heart. Who is the neutral running mate??:hmm:

melpointy
Aug 13th 2008, 10:54 PM
Yes, God sees all sins, every single one and He does not see them all equally either. And that is Biblical. So if we are going to vote in a manner that would allow for someone to be human and yet require that we also consider if they have any good degree of morality at all, we can easily excuse obama from the latter as he does not meet this criteria. McCain at least does.

Could you direct me where in the bible it states all sins are not equal?

Only cause I come from a RCC family orgianlly and they said some are moral sins other venial sins?? Just curious I want to highlight it.:idea:

redeemedbyhim
Aug 14th 2008, 12:57 AM
Never said that sin keeps us from His Kingdom, I said it condemns men to hell. The gift of God saves us from that condemnation.

I must have worded that poorly, it's the rejection of Christ's redemptive work on Calvary that will condemn us, not individual sins.

Right...as well as the sinful divorce of millions of marriages, family-destroying adultery, treacherous lies, greed, theft, murder of the born, the pedophilia rape of children, the homosexuality that God sees as an abomination, the encouraged fornication of our youth by the millions, etc... I could go on for hours. Point is that there is LOTS of wickedness and evil in the world and God is not simply focused on the one.

Yes, there's much wickedness, not doubt, but murdering the single MOST helpless, defensless of all is beyond the pale.
God isn't focused on one sin, but for the purposes of what we are allowing more and more to be accepted as normal, we should take a strong stand, imo.
Proverbs 24:11
Deliver those who are drawn toward death, and hold back those stumbling to the slaughgter.

Proverbs 15:3 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=24&chapter=15&verse=3&version=9&context=verse)
The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.

Okay, thanks for the reference.

Sherrie
Aug 14th 2008, 04:04 AM
McCain...........

quiet dove
Aug 14th 2008, 04:42 AM
McCain...........

Sherrie, excellent post here, short and sweet and on topic. :lol::kiss:

IMINXTC
Aug 15th 2008, 05:44 AM
John McCain. (friendly nod to Romulus)

EarlyCall
Aug 15th 2008, 10:41 AM

Come on KT. I mean please. I don't know all the particulars behind what McCain did, but from what I do know, the little I do know, yea, it seems to be very wrong. How long ago was that KT? And how long ago was obama for abortion? Like forever and still? Yes.

Now explain to me please this kind of illogical reasoning you have going on in your mind. Please, explain that to me.

Because here is how it works out logically.

McCain is wrong today for something long ago and obama is not wrong for something long ago and still today. Wow, I'm afraid that is so beyond rational thinking it isn't funny.

EarlyCall
Aug 15th 2008, 10:46 AM
Could you direct me where in the bible it states all sins are not equal?

Only cause I come from a RCC family orgianlly and they said some are moral sins other venial sins?? Just curious I want to highlight it.:idea:

Well, I'm needing to get ready for work, but ask yourself why God didn't assign the same punishment for all sins back in the OT. Yes, lots of people want to shoot back, "But that was the OT." Meaning they miss the point entirely. The point is God didn't see all sins equally then or He would have assigned the same punishment. And that is what I'm arguing: that He doesn't see them all as being equal.

Further, some making such claims can never back it up with scripture because it isn't there. The problem they have is that they cannot distinguish between all sin being sin but not all sins being equal.

When people make such claims they are stating an absolute. Absolutes are proven false when even just one proven example to the contrary can be given. Still, I see many refuse to accept anything going against what they think. Typical.

Finally, since I am so short on time... Jesus said to Pilate, he who betrayed me is guilty of the greater sin. That should be sufficient proof. And yet some will try to twist even that. Why I have no idea.

This thinking has been argued on this board many times.

historyb
Aug 19th 2008, 07:54 AM
McCain - he has the experience that the other guy lacks.:yes:

Clavicula_Nox
Aug 19th 2008, 12:51 PM
war for 100 years

I don't think you understood what he said. He said that if it takes 100 years to achieve victory, then that is what he would do. He did not say "by golly, we'll be at war for 100 years and beyond!"

Seriously, this is akin to taking everything Obama says and twisting it to find whatever you want.

grptinHisHand
Aug 19th 2008, 05:46 PM
So, to those of you who are choosing 'neither',

Does that mean you will not vote at all?

Does it mean that you will write in a candidate that very likely will not receive enough votes to make a strong stand?

Does that mean a person is throwing away a vote?

I have heard that before. I think it has even been discussed on the forum, but not sure where.

I'm just asking, wanting to understand more fully.

No criticism intended. :hug: We are each free to vote as we believe is right, or even to not vote. But... well, I know how I will vote anyway. I guess that is what matters for me. We are "free to vote." YAY! :pp
g

Clavicula_Nox
Aug 19th 2008, 06:31 PM
So, to those of you who are choosing 'neither',

Does that mean you will not vote at all?

Does it mean that you will write in a candidate that very likely will not receive enough votes to make a strong stand?

Does that mean a person is throwing away a vote?

I have heard that before. I think it has even been discussed on the forum, but not sure where.

I'm just asking, wanting to understand more fully.

No criticism intended. :hug: We are each free to vote as we believe is right, or even to not vote. But... well, I know how I will vote anyway. I guess that is what matters for me. We are "free to vote." YAY! :pp
g

The question wasn't: "Who are you voting for?"
The question was: "Who is best to lead the country?"

grptinHisHand
Aug 19th 2008, 07:24 PM
Okay C N,
Then I will say I am voting for McCain because I believe he is the best to lead the country.

g
Added: OP is about who we are 'planning to vote for', IMHO. Just went back and reread it.

from the OP:

I think the question is pretty self-explanatory, lol. ;) (For those of you who are American citizens and registered voters, of course.) Well, I'm not ashamed to say that when I head to the polls this November, I'll be voting for John McCain.

Clavicula_Nox
Aug 19th 2008, 07:32 PM
The poll question is:

View Poll Results: Who is best to next lead the country?

It's at the top of the page.

grptinHisHand
Aug 20th 2008, 01:10 PM
My bad. You are so right. I was looking at the first post. Thanks for sharing in a kind and loving way.

itsme23
Aug 20th 2008, 05:11 PM
I voted neither. I don't care for either candidate. I will vote the lesser of two evils and go with McCain. I do not want Osama Obama in the White House.

Huckabee was my choice but he isn't in it anymore.

I know God is in control and whatever happens, happens.

I always say,

When people vote
Money over morals
They are not Christian

I put that on the church marquee around voting time.

Romulus
Aug 20th 2008, 06:22 PM
John McCain. (friendly nod to Romulus)

Nod received! "Iron sharpens iron".

God Bless!

Ayala
Aug 20th 2008, 06:33 PM
McCain...He's not the ideal candidate for me...But I find him much more appealing than Obama.

kayte
Aug 20th 2008, 09:12 PM
McCain...He's not the ideal candidate for me...But I find him much more appealing than Obama.

This is coming down to being my answer as well.

Thirst
Aug 27th 2008, 09:11 AM
I'll write in Paul or Huckabee. Neither candidate deserves my vote, IMO. See Romulus' post.

Grace40
Aug 27th 2008, 02:11 PM
Obama........I'm sure he knows how many houses he owns.;)

JesusPhreak27
Aug 27th 2008, 05:53 PM
Obama....

Because the following question answers this for me:

Do I want the candidate that agrees with me on abortion (I DO NOT think its right....though I am not the one to tell anyone what they should or should not do) but I disagree with every other stance that he has (McCain)

OR

Should I vote for the candidate that doesn't share my stance on abortion (is okay with it) but I agree with everything else he wants to do (Obama)

The central question for me is this: Is abortion an important enough topic for me to vote for another 4 years of what we have now?

And my answer is no. Why? Because no matter what happens people will still have abortions.....

So I have to go with the candidate that mirrors my beliefs and wants the most.

Clavicula_Nox
Aug 27th 2008, 06:26 PM
Obama........I'm sure he knows how many houses he owns.;)

I'm sorry, but that's the same thing as saying you would vote for someone because you like what tie he wears to work.

Pilgrimtozion
Aug 27th 2008, 07:17 PM
As a European who will be moving to the States soon - Obama. I don't agree with the general Democratic stance on moral issues, but I like his message of change. I'd like to see whether he can deliver and give him a chance. Also, McCain does seem like four more years of Bush and quite frankly, I'm not sure America or the world could bear that.

redeemedbyhim
Aug 28th 2008, 12:12 AM
As a European who will be moving to the States soon - Obama. I don't agree with the general Democratic stance on moral issues, but I like his message of change. I'd like to see whether he can deliver and give him a chance. Also, McCain does seem like four more years of Bush and quite frankly, I'm not sure America or the world could bear that.

His first act in office will be to sign the Freedom of Choice Act which will nullify all the prolife gains and keep all states from enacting any prolife legislation in the future.
After that , he's going to repeal the Defense of Marraige Act.
Is that the kind of change you're after?
Because that's about all he's made clear...oh yeah, maybe living in Europe you're use to very high taxes, because you won't be facing any change on that front, he'll raise them nice and high.

GodSeeker
Aug 28th 2008, 12:51 AM
I will be voting for Obama. I just don't care for McCain very much and I think we need some serious change in the White House. Yes, I'll say it. We need a Democrat in there. My true choice would be Ron Paul, but sadly he's not going to be on the ballot. So I am choosing the lesser of two evils.....once again.

GodSeeker
Aug 28th 2008, 01:01 AM
His first act in office will be to sign the Freedom of Choice Act which will nullify all the prolife gains and keep all states from enacting any prolife legislation in the future.
Because that's about all he's made clear...oh yeah, maybe living in Europe you're use to very high taxes, because you won't be facing any change on that front, he'll raise them nice and high.

You know, I don't mean to come across as rude here. But I must say something on the above things that were said. This country was founded on the principles of equality and the beliefs that people should have the freedom to make their own decisions. "We hold these truths to be self evident that all men are created equal..." etc. As far as marriage is considered, preventing homosexuals from getting married is not providing them with that equality that is demanded from this government. We may not share their beliefs, but we have no right legally to prohibit them from getting married. My brother-in-law is homosexual and if he finds a person that he loves, why should they not be allowed to marry? Yes, the Bible states that homosexuality is a sin. However, not all people in this country are Christian and do not share those beliefs. Due to the separation of church and state, we cannot force biblical teachings on others. In secular eyes (which should be the eyes of the government) if straight people can marry, then gay people should have the same right.

Grace40
Aug 28th 2008, 05:06 PM
I'm sorry, but that's the same thing as saying you would vote for someone because you like what tie he wears to work.

I'm sorry= Obama, because we need change. We don't need another 4yrs of what we have now.

Grace40
Aug 28th 2008, 05:07 PM
Obama....

Because the following question answers this for me:

Do I want the candidate that agrees with me on abortion (I DO NOT think its right....though I am not the one to tell anyone what they should or should not do) but I disagree with every other stance that he has (McCain)

OR

Should I vote for the candidate that doesn't share my stance on abortion (is okay with it) but I agree with everything else he wants to do (Obama)

The central question for me is this: Is abortion an important enough topic for me to vote for another 4 years of what we have now?

And my answer is no. Why? Because no matter what happens people will still have abortions.....

So I have to go with the candidate that mirrors my beliefs and wants the most.

Obama= Because what he said.

historyb
Aug 28th 2008, 06:32 PM

:thumbsup:

There is evil behind Obama and if he were to get in Christians within 2 years will be killed by him. He has a Greek temple made for him so he can speak there as if he is a god, yes I believe we may be seeing the anti-christ or getting a good glimpse of the anti-christ.

Clavicula_Nox
Aug 28th 2008, 08:28 PM
I'm sorry= Obama, because we need change. We don't need another 4yrs of what we have now.

I have no problem supporting any candidate who has a clear concise plan on anything, shows a willingness to enact said plan, and doesn't use an overflux of rhetoric in order to beguile would-be voters.

Obama doesn't meet that requirement, but, since you support him, maybe you can answer the question that we have all been asking.

What will Obama change, and how?

kistan
Aug 29th 2008, 04:00 AM
:thumbsup:

There is evil behind Obama and if he were to get in Christians within 2 years will be killed by him. He has a Greek temple made for him so he can speak there as if he is a god, yes I believe we may be seeing the anti-christ or getting a good glimpse of the anti-christ.

.......again as in the locked thread I ask...........really?
He's gone from A Muslim to The Antichrist..........................To Nero???

historyb
Aug 29th 2008, 04:27 AM
The proof is at the DNC and his "temple" he had built.

redeemedbyhim
Aug 29th 2008, 04:47 AM
I have no problem supporting any candidate who has a clear concise plan on anything, shows a willingness to enact said plan, and doesn't use an overflux of rhetoric in order to beguile would-be voters.

Obama doesn't meet that requirement, but, since you support him, maybe you can answer the question that we have all been asking.

I get the feeling we should be hearing the theme to Jeopardy while we wait for this answer and wait and wait and..........

Free Indeed
Aug 29th 2008, 12:57 PM
The proof is at the DNC and his "temple" he had built.

It wasn't a "temple". It was a reproduction of the columns that Dr. Martin Luther King stood in front of when he delivered his "I Have A Dream" speech 45 years previously to-the-day.

There is evil behind Obama and if he were to get in Christians within 2 years will be killed by him.

:rolleyes:

Free Indeed
Aug 29th 2008, 12:59 PM

He marked it all out in his speech last night. And a brilliant speech it was.

Now we know exactly what Obama is going to do if elected. So now the question is:

What is McCain going to do?

MrAnteater
Aug 29th 2008, 01:43 PM

Now we know exactly what Obama is going to do if elected. So now the question is:

Yes, I know exactly what Obama's going to do if elected:

Transform the country from capitalism to socialism and use his strong alliances with homosexual activists, known domestic terrorists, and abortionists to eradicate any traces of faith and our Lord in society.

redeemedbyhim
Aug 29th 2008, 02:07 PM
Yes, I know exactly what Obama's going to do if elected:

Transform the country from capitalism to socialism and use his strong alliances with homosexual activists, known domestic terrorists, and abortionists to eradicate any traces of faith and our Lord in society.

Yes, no doubt. And what horrible changes await us, should he get elelcted (God forbid). :mad: :cry:

Truthinlove
Aug 29th 2008, 02:09 PM
Yes, everyone only talks about "change" like it can only be positive.

However, change can be bad, very bad! And if Barack becomes our President it will be BAD change, no doubt.

Grace40
Aug 29th 2008, 02:23 PM

Awsome speech. I think it is better to take a chance on Obama than waste 4 years with McCain. America can not afford 4more years of Bush politics.

JesusPhreak27
Aug 29th 2008, 03:17 PM
Awsome speech. I think it is better to take a chance on Obama than waste 4 years with McCain. America can not afford 4more years of Bush politics.

See guys.....the problem is......

With the Christians on this board it makes NO difference whether Sen. Obama has the best ideas for saving our economy or the war or anything else.....it comes down to two things with the majority of the people on this board.....

1. Obama isnt against abortion -- therefore he is not a Christian (in most people's eyes on this board)

2. Obama is not against homosexuality....... (See remarks for point 1)

The problem is everyone is zeroing in on the situations that matter the least..... no one cares that McCain is going to do things the same as Bush......

"President McCain....you want to raise the price of gas to $5 a gallon......thats fine....as long as you oppose abortion......Never mind that I cant feed my kids because I have to spend half my paycheck on gas..... Nevermind that my family cant go to the hospital because we cant afford health coverage.....it doesnt matter if we die....just make sure those f#gs cant get married and that abortion is illegal"

People WAKE UP....the way McCain will take us is terrifying...... so what if abortion is illegal? People will go to Canada or Mexico and have it done...... So what if gays can marry or not..... (not that I agree with it....) but dont we have BIGGER issues to worry about? Such as fixing our schools so that our kids arent the dumbest in the world? Or possibly fixing Health care so that the children who have been born can be heathly? (Or do we not care about a child once s/he is born?) Or maybe fixing the economy so that the average American family can survive without maxing out 3-4 credit cards?

But none of those things truly matter do they folks? As long as abortion is illegal and gays cant marry thats all God cares about right?

*Sarcasm alert*
He doesnt care one bit that there are MILLIONS of children going to bed hungry because their parents paychecks are going to rent and gas....because if they dont pay for gas they cant get to their jobs..... so the choice becomes gas or food...... My Father surely doesnt care about that now does He? Nope....just abortion and gays...... nor does He care about Health care for the born child!!!!!!!!!!!!! No way!!!! All He cares about is making sure abortion is illegal and that those pesky f#gs cant be married.....

Get off your self-righteous hollier then thou soapboxes people and wake up and realize that God cares about EVERYTHING.......

We have MUCH bigger issues to worry about then abortion......

But go ahead and vote for McCain.....because in 4 years abortion may be illegal in the US but mark my words we'll be paying $10 a gallon for gas......

And because of shortsightedness you will see a lot of children already born dying from lack of food and health care......

Free Indeed
Aug 29th 2008, 03:26 PM
And because of shortsightedness you will see a lot of children already born dying from lack of food and health care......

This is why every time I hear a conservative say they are "pro-life", I feel like scratiching my own eyes out. :B

JesusPhreak27
Aug 29th 2008, 05:14 PM
This is why every time I hear a conservative say they are "pro-life", I feel like scratiching my own eyes out. :B

Ok..... first off lets get this straight.....

Im neither a conservative, liberal, democrat or republican.......

Im an independent voter..... i vote along no party lines nor do I vote for the "liberal" or "conservative" candidates.....

Look at my voting history.......

Mind you though I have only been able to vote twice for President....... (I was 16 in 1996)

2000 -- George Bush -- I thought his stances were better then Gore's and to be honest Gore's environmentalist stance terrified me.......

2004 -- George Bush -- At that time I was sick of his lying and everything else BUT I knew how bad he was going to screw the American people and I was not willing to see what Kerry was going to do....

2008 -- Now Im sick and tired of Bush and his cronies making money on the back of the hard working middle class and the military......

Am I positive Obama will make good on all his claims? No...... but I like the idea of possible change as opposed to another 4 years of the same.

historyb
Aug 29th 2008, 06:06 PM
Obama much like his "temple" is a facade with nothing behind it. No substance at all and with the backing of the evil one he doesn't stand a chance.

MCCAIN '08!!!!!!!!!!

Clavicula_Nox
Aug 29th 2008, 08:34 PM

KT, I'll get back to you when I have a chance to watch the speech in it's entirety. Our AC died the other day, and the interior of my house is over 100 degrees, so my priority hasn't been dealing with Obama. If he has infact laid out some kind of plan, then I would most definitely like to hear it, in it's entirety and without any commentary.

The problem is everyone is zeroing in on the situations that matter the least.....

I wouldn't say that. I have other concerns with him, and I don't necessarily care about his stance on abortion or homosexuality.

ScottJohnson
Aug 30th 2008, 07:28 PM
Now that I know who his running mate is, (and isn't), I'm giving my support to McCain.

redeemedbyhim
Aug 31st 2008, 03:31 PM

So, instead le'ts just keep allowing babies to have their arms and legs (since you mentioned body parts) torn from their torsos. Yeah, that'll fix everything and show those "prolifers", who don't care about the born. :rolleyes:

You're banging your head for the wrong reason.

EarlyCall
Aug 31st 2008, 04:11 PM

And every time I hear someone claiming to be a Christian supporting someone pro-abortion, I feel like watching you scratch your eyes out. :lol:

manichunter
Sep 1st 2008, 04:35 AM
I had to admit that I was probaly going to sit this one out, but after the saddleback Rick Warren interviews, I decided to go with McCain. I think I can put my money on that horse. I finally have a horse in the race, I also like his VP pick as well.