PDA

View Full Version : Ok girls...who's into jewellery, and what kind.

Rocking horse
Jul 1st 2008, 02:04 PM
I love rings....cheap or expensive, preferably the yellow gold colour. Favourite stones are rubies, diamonds (of course) and amethysts.
I have a small heart shaped ring on my left hand little finger, my wedding ring is a little unusual as it has my husbands and my initials...A & B joined together and it has small diamonds set into it. On my right hand I always wear a small shield signet ring with my first initial on it, and that's worn on my little finger.

I wear 3 gold chain bracelets all the time on my right hand. I wear a yellow and white gold cross around my neck all the time, but sometimes put something else around my neck, but I like the cross because it shows the world that I'm a Christian.

I have pierced ears, one hole in each ear, and change earrings from time to time depending on where I'm going.

So what about you girls....come on, confess !!!

Rocky

Whispering Grace
Jul 1st 2008, 02:17 PM
I don't wear any jewelry, not even a wedding ring.

Bells51383
Jul 1st 2008, 04:53 PM
I enjoy jewelry, but consider myself fairly simple and demure. I always wear my engagement simple round solitare diamond in yellow gold band and my wedding band which is a yellow gold band with etching in the sides all the way around. I have also been wearing a pretty marquis (sp?) shaped emerald ring on my right ring finger a lot lately. I usually feel naked if I leave the house without some earrings, but they are mostly simple, either small diamond studs or small gold hoops. I often wear a watch and I have a yellow gold small cross necklace with a small diamond in the center of it.

That's about it.

Kelly :D

daughter
Jul 1st 2008, 05:01 PM
I wear my engagement ring, wedding ring, and a little eternity ring. Other than that, I wear a cross, and a messianic seal... the messianic seal gets some second glances, particularly from Jews, and has given me an opportunity to witness on several occasions. :D

givemegrace
Jul 1st 2008, 05:24 PM
Silver or white gold, I like something a bit different, saying that right now i dont have one piece of jewellery on. God Bless

givemegrace
Jul 1st 2008, 05:27 PM
Hey daughter I just noticed your from England, I always assumed you were from America!! Funny I never noticed before now. Sorry for changing subject, oh well.

daughter
Jul 1st 2008, 05:46 PM
I'm an Irish person in the UK... wishing I could visit America one day, but that day might be a long way off.

beckisted2004
Jul 1st 2008, 05:58 PM
I wear my wedding ring, engagement ring, and promise ring. My husband likes it when I wear earrings and I occasionally wear necklaces, but they are the cheap stuff! Actually, now that I think about it, 90% of my jewelry was given to me! I can't even remember the last time I bought any! But I am not a fan of yellow gold.

miepie
Jul 1st 2008, 06:11 PM
I can't wear jewelry on my arms, due to my braces, but I am going to start to wear earrings again once my mom brings her silverwear to me, and I always wear a silver necklace with a heart with Charles' name in it, my golden weddingring and a silver crucifix....... I always liked wearing armjewelry but can't do that anymore....... :rolleyes: but at least I have nice colored braces for my arms..... :)

Love you,
Mieke :kiss:

Ninna
Jul 1st 2008, 06:29 PM
Right now, I don't wear any jewelry. A couple months ago, my hands were very swollen and I had to have my wedding band cut off. Now I need to go and get my grandmother's rings resized to fit me and also get my wedding band resized in case I don't like wearing the other set.

I have pierced ears and put earrings in maybe once or twice a year.

JenniferBerry
Jul 1st 2008, 06:44 PM
I don't wear any jewelry unless I am going out somewhere I find it hard to do house cleaning and cooking with rings and stuff on. Hey even Paula Dean takes of her rings when she gets down and dirty with her cooking.:lol: But I do like jewelry.:D

Jeanne D
Jul 2nd 2008, 02:52 AM
I love jewelry. For years I've been wearing gold, but lately I'm really getting into sterling silver. Another thing I've been getting into is bracelets. I never wore them until recently.

While I'm in the house I wear earrings and a necklace everyday. When I go out, I put on my wedding rings, another ring, my watch and a bracelet.

I've recently bought some sterling silver jewelry. I'm trying to build up my collection.

Jeanne

DanceswithGod
Jul 2nd 2008, 03:08 AM
I wear a wedding ring and another ring from dh, a silver watch ,sometimes a bracelet (either a charm bracelet or silver band from James Avery), sometimes a necklace (again, usually something from James Avery ( my fav is a cross that has a band bracelet to match), and always earrings (silver varieties from James AVery:hmm:).

I had the bright idea to give myself a second earring hole when I was in high school, so I set to work with a burned needle, a little rubbing alcohol, and used the door frame to help push the needle through (so gross you could hear the layers of skin break one at a time). Got one done and really hated the fact that I still had another ear to do. Turns out years later that I didn't like having two earring holes and the second ones are finally starting to grow over years and years later. Crazy:rolleyes:

Jeanne D
Jul 2nd 2008, 03:18 AM
DanceswithGod,
Years ago I went to the mall and had a second hole put in each ear. My ear was just too sensitive for that, so I let it close up and only wear one pair of earrings.

Jeanne

servant of Lord
Jul 2nd 2008, 03:51 AM
I wear just a wedding ring...and ocasionally earrings.
I use to wear alot of jewerly..like mostly costume jewerly..you know the cheap stuff..But, as I get older it seems to just get in my way..It bothers me..escally when I am worshipping..I will take the watch off before I begin...It just distracts me to much..

Do you think it matters if women wear alot of jewerly?

LadyinWaiting
Jul 2nd 2008, 01:17 PM
Every day: My simple wedding band and engagement solitare (it's an heirloom).

I change the rest daily.
My most common sets include
A double strand pink crystal necklace and matching drop earrings from my mother-in-love.
My pearl and gold strand with pearl studs from my mommy or grandmommy (I got a set from each of them for my college graduation.
A pair of very small white gold and diamond chip hoops from my mom and my cross from my sister.
My black beaded necklace (rolled and varnished paper beads made by women in Africa...LOVE it! Beadforlife.com)
The pearl and crystal necklace I got for my wedding and the earrings I made to match.

I have tons of other things...but I wear them so sparingly that I don't think they need to be included.

Overall, the same theme is throughout, they're simple. I only have a few pieces of "extravagent" costume jewelry that's only worn for galas and formal events (and even those are the $9.99 Walmart specials).

Christian_lady
Jul 2nd 2008, 01:26 PM
I don't wear any jewelry, not even a wedding ring.

Does our Bible tell us not to wear jewelery?

FoG
Jul 2nd 2008, 01:34 PM
I don't wear any jewelry around the house. When I go somewhere I wear my wedding rings, another 3 stone ring, small ear rings, and maybe a necklace. I have arm jewelry, but it bothers me especially in the hot summer. I have yellow and white gold and like both.

karenoka27
Jul 2nd 2008, 01:42 PM
Does our Bible tell us not to wear jewelery?
Just because someone doesn't wear jewelry doesn't mean it's for spiritual reasons. It could be but then that is between them and the Lord, if it is a personal conviction.
1 Peter 3:3-4-"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. 4Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight."

with that said: I wear earrings and sometimes a necklace when I go out. I always wear my wedding rings. But the earrings and necklace come off as soon as I walk in the door! I can't stand have things hang on me longer than they need too!

FoG
Jul 2nd 2008, 01:44 PM
I can't stand jewelry on me any longer than it needs to be either. :lol:

faith&charity
Jul 2nd 2008, 03:41 PM
Earrings!!!

i like the BIG kind, i'm only 15 but i have 17 pairs (i just got some yesterday at Target) and they're all fashion jewelry, the cheap stuff. I always look at the clearance racks first. I just have a thing for dangly jewelry. I wear it everywhere, including in the house (i'm in total bum clothes right now yet i have a pair on.)

I don't think there's anything wrong with wearing jewelry as long as you're also focusing on your inner beauty. Someone who puts on gallons of makeup and tight, low-cut shirts doesn't have a lot of self-esteem because they're trying to be "noticed." I wear jewelry because i just like it, and i feel a little more confident when i know i'm wearing something i like. Honestly, i'm not trying to impress anyone...maybe it's the "artistic" side of me. But i try to spend time in the Word at least once a day, and God is slowly sculpting me into a spiritually beautiful young woman. If i could choose, i'd definitely pick being spiritually beautiful over physically. For me, it's just fun to "dress up!"

hehehe, here's my latest snapshot of my "collection."

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii239/portraithorse/IMG_1315-1.jpg

CoffeeCat
Jul 2nd 2008, 03:58 PM
faith&charity, that's a neat collection. :)

I'm a necklace fan. I don't tend to leave the house without one, and I wear one because I think they're fun, more than anything. My favourite is a multicoloured white-tan-blue-black stone/shell necklace I got for probably $10. It's just fun. Sometimes I'll wear a chain necklace though... I wear a cross occasionally, or a daisy.

The other thing I wear occasionally is a ring. I really like rings, but I only have a couple... and that's fine by me. My favourite is a simple gold ring with a little heart in the middle. Another favourite is a celtic knotwork ring, a silver one. It's fun.

I'm sure my taste in jewlery might change as I get older... for instance, I know that when I am married, my engagement/wedding rings will not be coming off :) and I look forward to that, one day. For now though, the stuff I wear's worn not for 'beauty' really, but for amusement... hehe.

Rocking horse
Jul 2nd 2008, 04:04 PM
Earrings!!!

i like the BIG kind, i'm only 15 but i have 17 pairs (i just got some yesterday at Target) and they're all fashion jewelry, the cheap stuff. I always look at the clearance racks first. I just have a thing for dangly jewelry. I wear it everywhere, including in the house (i'm in total bum clothes right now yet i have a pair on.)

I don't think there's anything wrong with wearing jewelry as long as you're also focusing on your inner beauty. Someone who puts on gallons of makeup and tight, low-cut shirts doesn't have a lot of self-esteem because they're trying to be "noticed." I wear jewelry because i just like it, and i feel a little more confident when i know i'm wearing something i like. Honestly, i'm not trying to impress anyone...maybe it's the "artistic" side of me. But i try to spend time in the Word at least once a day, and God is slowly sculpting me into a spiritually beautiful young woman. If i could choose, i'd definitely pick being spiritually beautiful over physically. For me, it's just fun to "dress up!"

hehehe, here's my latest snapshot of my "collection."

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii239/portraithorse/IMG_1315-1.jpg

Honey, I think at 15 you're just enjoying being a ...... girl ....and I think that's really great, and I like the pieces you've got too. :-) I've bought a lot of stuff off E-bay. It's really cheap and a lot look like the stuff you get in proper jewellery shops. With the rings I've had to paint them with clear nail varnish so the gold colour doesn't come off, but I've had plenty of people admire them and think they are the real thing. hee hee

Rocky

CoffeeCat
Jul 2nd 2008, 04:24 PM
Rocky, I think it's funny that you told faith&charity that she's enjoying just being a girl... I'm 7 years older than her, and I enjoy that, too. And it was funny because the last time I saw my dad, he showed what a total guy he is... I was wearing a necklace that's just a few simple strings and a daisy hanging in the middle... and I had a ring on... and, oddly, a bracelet too... I had just felt like wearing that stuff. So he saw me and he goes "wow, what's with all the jewelry??" and I told him "oh, it's a total girly thing, I'm just having fun being a girl today..." and he answers with "girly thing, huh... scary..." and he pretended to cringe in fear. :lol: (he was REALLY cringing when I grabbed him and put my bracelet on his wrist and made him wear it for the hour! ;) )

faith&charity
Jul 2nd 2008, 04:38 PM
Rocky, I think it's funny that you told faith&charity that she's enjoying just being a girl... I'm 7 years older than her, and I enjoy that, too. And it was funny because the last time I saw my dad, he showed what a total guy he is... I was wearing a necklace that's just a few simple strings and a daisy hanging in the middle... and I had a ring on... and, oddly, a bracelet too... I had just felt like wearing that stuff. So he saw me and he goes "wow, what's with all the jewelry??" and I told him "oh, it's a total girly thing, I'm just having fun being a girl today..." and he answers with "girly thing, huh... scary..." and he pretended to cringe in fear. :lol: (he was REALLY cringing when I grabbed him and put my bracelet on his wrist and made him wear it for the hour! ;) )

Haha!:rofl:that is really funny. :lol:
I really do just enjoy being a girl! i'm not one to be "popular" in a group of people but it is fun to just wear things for the amusement of it.

oh, and one of my guy friends told me once "Hey, nice earrings. You know, if i'm allowed to say that since i'm a guy." Boys will be boys. :rolleyes:

I do know that when i'm married one day that my wedding ring will always be on my finger. a weird thing to say for a 15 year old, huh? I take marriage very seriously, and honestly i'm looking forward to that day. :)

CoffeeCat
Jul 2nd 2008, 04:50 PM
Haha!:rofl:that is really funny. :lol:
I really do just enjoy being a girl! i'm not one to be "popular" in a group of people but it is fun to just wear things for the amusement of it.

oh, and one of my guy friends told me once "Hey, nice earrings. You know, if i'm allowed to say that since i'm a guy." Boys will be boys. :rolleyes:

I do know that when i'm married one day that my wedding ring will always be on my finger. a weird thing to say for a 15 year old, huh? I take marriage very seriously, and honestly i'm looking forward to that day. :)

:hug: Not a weird thing to say, at all. We younger ladies can never start taking marriage seriously too soon! I almost don't see a wedding ring as jewelry.... it's not something "for fun" to take on and off as my outfit changes, or whatever. It seems to me that when I have a wedding ring, it'll be on my hand as often as my glasses are on my face (that is, every waking moment).

Jeanne D
Jul 2nd 2008, 06:01 PM
QVC is currently showing "Steel By Design" jewelry and I love it!
I've seen about 10 pieces I'd like to buy, but I haven't ordered any.. I'm restraining myself.

Jeanne:pray:

CoffeeCat
Jul 2nd 2008, 06:11 PM
Sorry, Jeanne, but what's QVC? A channel? :) Thanks.

Jeanne D
Jul 2nd 2008, 06:32 PM
CoffeeCat,
Yes QVC is an ongoing program that offers shopping from the TV or online.

I'm not sure if it airs in Canada, but here is the link to their website.

www.qvc.com (http://www.qvc.com)

Jeanne

cnw
Jul 2nd 2008, 09:23 PM
to an above poster:
There is a story of a woman in the Bible who lost her 1 of 10 coins. It was so devistating to her that she did nothing else till she found it-it was something she wore-history shows it was her wedding coins. other than that I do not understand adorning with jewlery except that it was very overly done.

I own a lot of jewlery...I mean a lot. I wear a wedding ring to how my commitment to my husband so I wont be picked up on. and very rarely anything else.

Jeanne D
Jul 2nd 2008, 10:17 PM
I do have a couple of crosses that I wear, as well as a stainless steel bracelet that has the first 10 letters of the Hebrew alphabet and behind each letter is one of the Ten Commandments.

Jeanne

LadyinWaiting
Jul 2nd 2008, 11:33 PM
Many of the posters mentioned crosses and crucifixes as well as the messianic reference.

I think Boutique was just trying to plug a website to get people to purchase some and didn't really read the thread...

BeautifulSoul
Jul 2nd 2008, 11:42 PM
I like jewellery, although I don't really wear a lot of it. I wear a watch - well, at least I did until it broke - and a necklace, and that's it. I have a few different necklaces that I love, and alternate between, but they're mostly fairly cheap - apart from a diamond cross necklace that my parents bought me for my 18th. :)

I love rings, but my skin doesn't react well to the cheaper ones... (bad sign for my future husband :lol:)... I wish I could wear them though.

And I love bracelets, but find that they get in the way when I am out and about... maybe I am more of a practical girl than I thought :lol:

God's Leading Lady
Jul 4th 2008, 01:26 AM
I know I love jewelry... Anything that sparkles and shines, lol. ;) Who says you have to be married to sport a big old rock, lol. The last picture is a picture of a "raw diamond", un-cut and un-processed. I believe it was something like 130 carats. I wonder where you would find a setting for something that huge, lol? :lol:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/MRene/square_cut.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/MRene/diamond_setting.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/MRene/bulova.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/MRene/myrock.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/MRene/necklaceset.gif

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/MRene/huge_rock.jpg

Kate
Jul 4th 2008, 02:27 AM
I have a 2 1/2 carat diamond wedding ring set in gold. Aside from this I don't wear much else. I think the ring is more than enough.

Prayin_saint
Jul 4th 2008, 02:39 AM
I have a medalion that I wear everyday that Matthew gave me. (We each had one made at the Ren. Faire- a Claddagh and Celtic knot on one side, which both medalions have- and his has a Rose to symbolize purity on the back. Mine has a bear to symbolize Strength, Courage and Protection. :) I thought they were sweeet)
The other necklace I wear is a silver-and-onyx cross my grandmother gave me for my 13th birthday. I've worn it practically every day since then and I love it.
I also have one ring- green Austrian Crystal and stirling silver with Celtic knots on the sides. I love it because it's so simple and pretty. I was going to buy it myself...but the bf decided to do it for me. :blushhap: I wear it with the cross necklace, since I'm so afraid of loosing it or having it stolen.

Ashley274
Jul 4th 2008, 03:45 AM
I love jewelry...I always wear a gold chain but have different things I put on it from crosses to hearts ..a diamond pendant and so on..Oh I do have a white gold chain too...I wear that once I get a good tan with a Aquamarine pendant....I sometimes wear a gold braclet but not always..I have a few with rubies and so on....I have 2 platinim rings but do not wear them often..I do wear a diamond ring set from someone in my past ...it scares men away sometimes :lol: but can be a bummer if you like them :rolleyes:

servant of Lord
Jul 4th 2008, 06:23 AM
faithandCharity....that is really pretty neat earrings and stuff you have got..really pretty !

You sound like a nice young lady with alot of great morals ..headed somewhere great with the Lord..

God Bless you,
:hug:

Rocking horse
Jul 4th 2008, 10:58 AM
I know I love jewelry... Anything that sparkles and shines, lol. ;) Who says you have to be married to sport a big old rock, lol. The last picture is a picture of a "raw diamond", un-cut and un-processed. I believe it was something like 130 carats. I wonder where you would find a setting for something that huge, lol? :lol:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/MRene/square_cut.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/MRene/diamond_setting.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/MRene/bulova.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/MRene/myrock.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/MRene/necklaceset.gif

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/MRene/huge_rock.jpg

Trust me....I'd find something to use that huge diamond for....or maybe I'd have it made into several different pieces.........I sure wouldn't be giving it away...

weddrev
Jul 7th 2008, 05:33 PM
This is a r-e-a-l sore spot among Christians.
Some religions do not condone any jewelry of any sort, including the wedding band. And I've seen some of those ladies wear a pin but jump up & down if it's on a chain around the neck.
And in which department do you purchase a watch? In this day & age is a watch r-e-a-l-l-y necessary?

I think we get too bogged down with 'straining a gnat, swallowing a camel'.

And what about heaven? Aren't the gates made of pearl; and the foundations are each a different gem? I don't think God frowns on us using things that glitter; seems woman are VERY attracted to such things. It's where we place these items in our lives.

I think a wedding ring is almost a must in today's society. And in some foreign countries they are required. If it's not a sin for them, why would it be for me?
The Ten Commandments are universal.
It's Satan's way of getting our minds on things that aren't really important.

Whispering Grace
Jul 7th 2008, 06:38 PM
I think a wedding ring is almost a must in today's society.

Why?

And in some foreign countries they are required. If it's not a sin for them, why would it be for me?

I don't understand your point here. Abortion is also required in some countries. Following your logic, I'm free to do that as well?

The Ten Commandments are universal.

And what does this have to do with wearing jewelry?

It's Satan's way of getting our minds on things that aren't really important.

Not sure how not wearing jewelry keeps my mind on things that aren't important? Seems I would have less to keep me preoccupied, not more.

SethElijah
Jul 7th 2008, 08:12 PM
I love jewelry but cannot wear the costume stuff. I maily just wear my wedding ring. I have my ears pierced many times, all the way around the lobe, and am trying to get the funds to buy a small diamond stud for each piercing.

God's Leading Lady
Jul 7th 2008, 10:40 PM
Trust me....I'd find something to use that huge diamond for....or maybe I'd have it made into several different pieces.........I sure wouldn't be giving it away...

I know, me either, lol. :lol: ;)

God's Leading Lady
Jul 7th 2008, 10:48 PM
I think we get too bogged down with 'straining a gnat, swallowing a camel'. It's Satan's way of getting our minds on things that aren't really important.

Exactly! It's been the same with issues of years past of "women wearing make-up and pants". Who cares?! :rolleyes: As long as we don't begin cross-dressing, (men wearing dresses and women wearing suits and ties), no one's committing any sin.

I know some female members of certain denominations, Church of God in Christ, have told me that they were "allowed" to wear rings and a watch, but not earrings and/or bracelets... :confused

weddrev
Jul 8th 2008, 02:49 PM
I don't quite understand why you were so defensive with me but here are my answers, anyway.

Why?
A person's behavior should indicate they are married. But I think a wedding ring wards off unwanted pursuers. Unless the pursuer doesn't respect marriage, then it really doesn't matter.

I don't understand your point here. Abortion is also required in some countries. Following your logic, I'm free to do that as well?

And what does this have to do with wearing jewelry?
What I meant is that there are some things that are cultural but sin is sin no matter where you live. I have a hard time imagining the God I serve keeping me out of heaven because I have a wedding ring on. Making it an idol.......

Not sure how not wearing jewelry keeps my mind on things that aren't important? Seems I would have less to keep me preoccupied, not more.Not the wearing of jewelry but the arguing of the fact.

weddrev
Jul 8th 2008, 03:00 PM
Exactly! It's been the same with issues of years past of "women wearing make-up and pants". Who cares?! :rolleyes: :lol:
I'm sure if I looked like Eve I wouldn't have to lengthen my lashes (or even look for them!) Thank goodness for mascara!

And I've seen those same women who, for years, would not even use powder, run to the ol' hair dye bottle when their husbands begin to look 'distinguished' and they start to look old.
I'm not saying these women are wrong for their decision.
But get up off me. :idea:

God's Leading Lady
Jul 9th 2008, 01:41 AM
:lol:
I'm sure if I looked like Eve I wouldn't have to lengthen my lashes (or even look for them!)

You know... I've always wondered; :hmm: Eve must've had the body of a GODDESS, I mean absolute goddess. Everything was perfectly-sized and well proportioned. I bet Eve would've put today's cosmetic surgeons to shame/out of business! :lol:

weddrev
Jul 9th 2008, 03:56 PM
You know... I've always wondered; :hmm: Eve must've had the body of a GODDESS, I mean absolute goddess. Everything was perfectly-sized and well proportioned.........
She was p-e-r-f-e-c-t; not a flaw anywhere. Can you imagine what Adam felt when he opened his eyes & saw her?! He knew instantly she was what was missing in his life and that she was all his. EVE was the crowning glory in the act of Creation. I think we, as women, forget that all too often.

I've wondered though if they instinctively knew how to consummate the relationship or if God had to explain it to them.

Jeanne D
Jul 9th 2008, 04:07 PM
weddrev,
I would imagine God had to explain things to Adam and Eve. Of course I don't know that for a fact, but even though they may have had desires, they may not have known what to do about it.

Jeanne

Friend of I AM
Jul 9th 2008, 04:20 PM
I love rings....cheap or expensive, preferably the yellow gold colour. Favourite stones are rubies, diamonds (of course) and amethysts.
I have a small heart shaped ring on my left hand little finger, my wedding ring is a little unusual as it has my husbands and my initials...A & B joined together and it has small diamonds set into it. On my right hand I always wear a small shield signet ring with my first initial on it, and that's worn on my little finger.

I wear 3 gold chain bracelets all the time on my right hand. I wear a yellow and white gold cross around my neck all the time, but sometimes put something else around my neck, but I like the cross because it shows the world that I'm a Christian.

I have pierced ears, one hole in each ear, and change earrings from time to time depending on where I'm going.

So what about you girls....come on, confess !!!

Rocky

Mee..whoops I'm not a girl

weddrev
Jul 9th 2008, 04:27 PM
See, I'm not so sure.
When God turned Adam loose in the Garden, God said, rule the world, be fruitful; God didn't name the animals for Adam, He let Adam do it.

For some reason I have a hard time visualizing God sitting Adam & Eve down explaining what goes where & why. My thinking is that upon Adam seeing Eve, he.... rose to the occasion, so to speak. The mere sight of her, let alone her touch or a kiss, sent him reeling. I have a strong feeling they knew just what to do.

weddrev,
I would imagine God had to explain things to Adam and Eve. Of course I don't know that for a fact, but even though they may have had desires, they may not have known what to do about it.

Jeanne

Whispering Grace
Jul 9th 2008, 04:27 PM
You know... I've always wondered; :hmm: Eve must've had the body of a GODDESS, I mean absolute goddess. Everything was perfectly-sized and well proportioned. I bet Eve would've put today's cosmetic surgeons to shame/out of business! :lol:

Considering there is only one true living God, how could Eve have had the body of a goddess?

And perhaps I'm an odd-ball, but I'd rather God give me a perfect heart than a perfect body.

Jeanne D
Jul 9th 2008, 04:35 PM
See, I'm not so sure.
When God turned Adam loose in the Garden, God said, rule the world, be fruitful; God didn't name the animals for Adam, He let Adam do it.

For some reason I have a hard time visualizing God sitting Adam & Eve down explaining what goes where & why. My thinking is that upon Adam seeing Eve, he.... rose to the occasion, so to speak. The mere sight of her, let alone her touch or a kiss, sent him reeling. I have a strong feeling they knew just what to do.

That could very well be.

Whatever Eve looked like, it worked for Adam.:)

You know when you look at someone through loving eyes, you see beauty there.

Jeanne

weddrev
Jul 9th 2008, 04:44 PM
....I'd rather God give me a perfect heart than a perfect body.Lucky Eve; she had both.

weddrev
Jul 9th 2008, 04:59 PM
That could very well be.
Whatever Eve looked like, it worked for Adam.:)
You know when you look at someone through loving eyes, you see beauty there. Jeanne
But see we're putting our life into Adam & Eve's. There wasn't dating, getting to know one another, learning someone's personality; learning to love.
When Adam opened his eyes, this creature of beauty stood before him; he knew was she the other half of him!

Since God made man with free choice and a brain, what if Adam had said, "Yeah, she's okay but I'd have rather had someone with bigger boobs"?

God made them fit perfectly in every way.

Jeanne D
Jul 9th 2008, 05:05 PM
Yes God made them fit perfectly in every way, and no doubt He also gave them instant love for one another.

Jeanne

God's Leading Lady
Jul 14th 2008, 09:52 PM
I've wondered though if they instinctively knew how to consummate the relationship or if God had to explain it to them.

:lol: :lol: I doubt that very seriously, lol!! Just that "animal instinct". :rofl:

God's Leading Lady
Jul 14th 2008, 09:55 PM
Considering there is only one true living God, how could Eve have had the body of a goddess?

I mean "goddess" as just a term/phrase, sweetie, not literally. I'm not saying she had any Lordship or "deity". In other words, she was a HOT MAMA! :lol: ;)

Christ-4-D
Jul 19th 2008, 01:39 PM
I love jewllery!!

I love wearing plain clothes with lots of nice coloured jewllery. For my graduation i was given one of the sweetie bracelets from my parents with some charms on it.

I have some lovely watches but i just tend to fiddle with them so dont wear them so much.

Bethany67
Jul 19th 2008, 02:00 PM
I don't wear any jewellery; I lost interest some years ago. Prior to that I wore a lot of silver occult jewellery, multiple earrings in each ear etc. I haven't even worn my engagement and wedding ring for years - they're around here somewhere, I know. I've got nothing against it at all - it's just something extra I would have to think about. I don't even wear a watch now. Each to their own :)

RobbieP
Jul 19th 2008, 02:39 PM
I love BIG jewelry....I can only wear plastic though....tell you why.....Big metal jewelry messes up my body..my neck hurts..if it's a necklace my chest bothers me...Don't think I'm strange...I once had a Chinese type doctor tell me it interrupts your natural flow of energy....God designed your body...it's all impacted by the pull of gravity which is magnetic(compass...etc) ........Big metal jewelry messes with your compass....

Just wanted to mention that in case somebody else has the same issue...two of my favorite necklaces are some necklaces weaved from church bulletins! They were made by a church group in PA and they are beautiful...and paper!