PDA

View Full Version : Discussion blotted out of the book of life

givemegrace
Jul 2nd 2008, 06:26 PM
Psalm 69v28 NIV
May they be blotted out of the book of life and not be listed with the righteous.

Just wondering what other peoples views are on this scripture? Thanks and God Bless

faithfulfriend
Jul 2nd 2008, 06:32 PM
Psalm 69v28 NIV
May they be blotted out of the book of life and not be listed with the righteous.

Just wondering what other peoples views are on this scripture? Thanks and God Bless

Read verse 27:

Ps 69:27 Add iniquity unto their iniquity: and let them not come into thy righteousness.

Look up the word Iniquity using the dictionary. After that I think you'll find the answer to your question.

A parallel scripture to go along with it is found in Exodus:

Ex 32:33 And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.

givemegrace
Jul 2nd 2008, 06:37 PM
Read verse 27:

Ps 69:27 Add iniquity unto their iniquity: and let them not come into thy righteousness.

Look up the word Iniquity using the dictionary. After that I think you'll find the answer to your question.

A parallel scripture to go along with it is found in Exodus:

Ex 32:33 And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.

Do you mean as Christians we cannot be blotted out of the book of life because we can repent of our sins through Jesus? I struggle with understanding the bible and welcome any help. Thanks

faithfulfriend
Jul 2nd 2008, 06:40 PM
Do you mean as Christians we cannot be blotted out of the book of life because we can repent of our sins through Jesus? I struggle with understanding the bible and welcome any help. Thanks

I will be very straightforward with you. Long story short, the Bible teaches that Christians do not commit sin. If you commit sin, you can read in the Bible what it says will happen to you, such as in Revelation 20:15.

If you're interested in learning the Bible or have any questions, feel free to PM me and we can talk about anything.

Joe King
Jul 2nd 2008, 06:50 PM
I will be very straightforward with you. Long story short, the Bible teaches that Christians do not commit sin. If you commit sin, you can read in the Bible what it says will happen to you, such as in Revelation 20:15.

If you're interested in learning the Bible or have any questions, feel free to PM me and we can talk about anything.

I would like scripture on this please.:hmm:

faithfulfriend
Jul 2nd 2008, 06:52 PM
I would like scripture on this please.:hmm:

I've been through it 3 or 4 times already on this forum already. I don't want to derail this thread from the OP. If you would like the links to those previous threads to read my statements, then I'll search for them.

givemegrace
Jul 2nd 2008, 06:52 PM
[quote=faithfulfriend;1694922]I will be very straightforward with you. Long story short, the Bible teaches that Christians do not commit sin. If you commit sin, you can read in the Bible what it says will happen to you, such as in Revelation 20:15.

You are very straightforward, I dont understand when you say "as Christians we do not commit sin", I thought we were all sinners?

faithfulfriend
Jul 2nd 2008, 06:56 PM
[quote=faithfulfriend;1694922]I will be very straightforward with you. Long story short, the Bible teaches that Christians do not commit sin. If you commit sin, you can read in the Bible what it says will happen to you, such as in Revelation 20:15.

You are very straightforward, I dont understand when you say "as Christians we do not commit sin", I thought we were all sinners?

Eph 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

I'll answer your question and then step to the sidelines on this thread. It's already going down the derail path and I did not intend for that to happen. I want this thread to stick to the OP.

Once a soul/person obtains true Salvation and Sanctification, it delivers them from all sin and sets them free from all sin. God then gives grace, strength, and courage to face every temptation with victory and with confidence that God will bring you through, and you don't have to give into any temptation ever again.

givemegrace
Jul 2nd 2008, 07:03 PM
[quote=givemegrace;1694948]

Eph 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

I'll answer your question and then step to the sidelines on this thread. It's already going down the derail path and I did not intend for that to happen. I want this thread to stick to the OP.

Once a soul/person obtains true Salvation and Sanctification, it delivers them from all sin and sets them free from all sin. God then gives grace, strength, and courage to face every temptation with victory and with confidence that God will bring you through, and you don't have to give into any temptation ever again.

That was helpful, it does help me to understand that we will not be blotted out of the book of life, thanks and God Bless though I still dont understand how as Christians we cannot commit sin!!!! I think I would push you over the edge if I were to pm you to discuss the bible! lol :rofl:

faithfulfriend
Jul 2nd 2008, 07:05 PM
[quote=faithfulfriend;1694953]

That was helpful, it does help me to understand that we will not be blotted out of the book of life, thanks and God Bless though I still dont understand how as Christians we cannot commit sin!!!! I think I would push you over the edge if I were to pm you to discuss the bible! lol :rofl:

Maybe I worded it incorrectly. It's not that you CAN'T, it's that you DON'T HAVE TO.

keck553
Jul 2nd 2008, 07:10 PM
I'll try to explain the extent of God's Mercy and Grace

Yom Kippur during biblical times was not an ordinary day. The sacrificing on this day was not like any of the other sacrifices performed during the year. This once a year sacrifice demanded that th High Priest enter the Holy of Holies alone - it was just him and God. He took with him a vessel containing the blood of the goat upon which the sacrificial lot fell. The blood was sprinkled on the Mercy Seat, which covered the Ark of the Covenant. If acceptable, God received the offering and declared the sins of Israel atoned for.

Jesus' sacrifice was like no other. He entered alone on our behalf, into the Holy of Holies, but not the one built by man. Jesus entered the heavenly Holy of Holies their to sprinkle His blood on the heavenly Mercy Seat. This was now a one time sacrifice, not only for the sins of Israel, but for the sin of the world. By accomplishing this Jesus became our bridge to God. It is the blood that atones for sin. The Temple no longer exists, in fact there is no need for a Temple - at least for the time being. Jesus has and still is accomplishing this Yom Kippur - atonement - for us and for the world in heaven.

So now we know how to approach God. Anyone who does not come to Him HIS way, that is through the blood atonement accomplished by Jesus, is coming in an unacceptable way. There is no other way. God eliminated the necessity of a Temple by satisfying His own commandment on our behalf.

In biblical times, on Yom Kippur, the High Priest had to remove the beautiful garments he wore. God described them as garments of "glory and beauty". Instead, on this day the High Priest was to wear only simple linen clothing. This was after all the day he was approaching God and he could not do so with the clothing of authority, because before God, he had none. The Priest's beautiful clothing were given to him to represent God before the people but on this day. On Yom Kippur, the Priest was representing the people before God.

Likewise Jesus set aside His glory and honor and took it upon himself the humble garment of human flesh. In doing so, He did not set aside His deity, He just set aside His glory so as to humble Himself for us before the Father.

Yom Kippur was given by God as a shadow of things to come. It would remain in effect until the fullness of time, when a better sacrifice would take it's place. The better sacrifice has come.

Be assured in God's promise

givemegrace
Jul 2nd 2008, 07:11 PM
Thank you that makes sense, through Gods grace we are given the strength to resist sin. Thanks again faithfulfriend

Buck shot
Jul 2nd 2008, 07:12 PM
Rev3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Here is another verse to look at that would be the opposite of the OP. to him that overcometh, their name will not be blotted out.

givemegrace
Jul 2nd 2008, 07:20 PM
I'll try to explain the extent of God's Mercy and Grace

Be assured in God's promise

Thanks for responding it was a while ago a friend told me of this piece of scripture and it frightened me as I was unsure what it meant, I feel I now have an understanding of it. God Bless

givemegrace
Jul 2nd 2008, 07:23 PM
Rev3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Here is another verse to look at that would be the opposite of the OP. to him that overcometh, their name will not be blotted out.

Whaw... Thanks Buck shot that scripture is really encouraging.
God Bless I really need to get into my bible and pray for God to help me understand His word.

manichunter
Jul 2nd 2008, 07:27 PM
Psalm 69v28 NIV

The Marriage of the King's Son
Matthew 22
1 And Jesus answered and spoke to them again by parables and said: 2"The kingdom of heaven is like a certain king who arranged a marriage for his son, 3and sent out his servants to call those who were invited to the wedding; and they were not willing to come. 4Again, he sent out other servants, saying, "Tell those who are invited, "See, I have prepared my dinner; my oxen and fatted cattle are killed, and all things are ready. Come to the wedding."' 5But they made light of it and went their ways, one to his own farm, another to his business. 6And the rest seized his servants, treated them spitefully, and killed them. 7But when the king heard about it, he was furious. And he sent out his armies, destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city. 8Then he said to his servants, "The wedding is ready, but those who were invited were not worthy. 9Therefore go into the highways, and as many as you find, invite to the wedding.' 10So those servants went out into the highways and gathered together all whom they found, both bad and good. And the wedding hall was filled with guests.
11"But when the king came in to see the guests, he saw a man there who did not have on a wedding garment. 12So he said to him, "Friend, how did you come in here without a wedding garment?' And he was speechless. 13Then the king said to the servants, "Bind him hand and foot, take him away, and F117 (http://www.studylight.org/desk/?query=mt+22&t=nkj&st=1&new=1&l=en#F) cast him into outer darkness; there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'
14"For many are called, but few are chosen."

Some people have decided to reject the RSVP and have been scratched from the invite list. Why wasn't that one guy dressed properly? I have always wanted to know what that meant. I heard the king provided the manner of dress and the guest had no chose but to wear it. Is that torah? LOL..............

calidog
Jul 2nd 2008, 07:32 PM
Whaw... Thanks Buck shot that scripture is really encouraging.
God Bless I really need to get into my bible and pray for God to help me understand His word.Yes, and amen!

Rev 1:3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Sold Out
Jul 2nd 2008, 10:01 PM

I've been taught that once you are born, your name is in the book of life. Your name is blotted out when you become accountable for your sin. Then you need to be saved.

9Marksfan
Jul 2nd 2008, 10:11 PM
I've been taught that once you are born, your name is in the book of life. Your name is blotted out when you become accountable for your sin. Then you need to be saved.

There are no verses in the bible that teach ANY of that. The Book of Life is God's roll of His elect and it was written before the foundation of the world (Rev 17:8). All the elect will believe in Christ in the fulness of time (Jn 6:37) and 1 Jn 5:4-5 describes those who overcome as those who believe that Jesus is the Son of God. Rev 3:5 says that those who overcome will not be blotted out of the Book of Life - why? Because they overcome by faith in Christ! How does this happen? They are kept by the power of God and He will never allow one of them to perish (Jn 10:28-30).

9Marksfan
Jul 2nd 2008, 10:14 PM
Some people have decided to reject the RSVP and have been scratched from the invite list. Why wasn't that one guy dressed properly? I have always wanted to know what that meant. I heard the king provided the manner of dress and the guest had no chose but to wear it. Is that torah? LOL..............

The king did prescribe the manner of dress - AND He provides it - it's the righteousness of Christ, with which ALL of us need to be clothed - but there are those who want to get to Heaven with their OWN righteosuness - that is unacceptable to God and all such people will be cast into Hell.....

Sold Out
Jul 2nd 2008, 10:24 PM
There are no verses in the bible that teach ANY of that. The Book of Life is God's roll of His elect and it was written before the foundation of the world (Rev 17:8). All the elect will believe in Christ in the fulness of time (Jn 6:37) and 1 Jn 5:4-5 describes those who overcome as those who believe that Jesus is the Son of God. Rev 3:5 says that those who overcome will not be blotted out of the Book of Life - why? Because they overcome by faith in Christ! How does this happen? They are kept by the power of God and He will never allow one of them to perish (Jn 10:28-30).

Ok, then I'm confused. If you cross-reference Psalm 69:28 with Exodus 32:31-33

"And Moses returned unto the LORD, and said, Oh, this people have sinned a great sin, and have made them gods of gold. Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin--; and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which thou hast written. And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book."

Can you explain this to me?

9Marksfan
Jul 2nd 2008, 11:00 PM
Ok, then I'm confused. If you cross-reference Psalm 69:28 with Exodus 32:31-33

"And Moses returned unto the LORD, and said, Oh, this people have sinned a great sin, and have made them gods of gold. Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin--; and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which thou hast written. And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book."

Can you explain this to me?

Scripture speaks of God having several books - I believe that the book in Ex 32 and Ps 69 is the one referred to in Ps 87:6 - "The Lord will record, when He registers the peoples: "This one was born here"."

In other words, it's the register of Zion - the Jewish people - NOT the Book of Life.

Sold Out
Jul 3rd 2008, 03:07 PM
Scripture speaks of God having several books - I believe that the book in Ex 32 and Ps 69 is the one referred to in Ps 87:6 - "The Lord will record, when He registers the peoples: "This one was born here"."

In other words, it's the register of Zion - the Jewish people - NOT the Book of Life.

Psalm 87:6 does not refer to a 'book'...couldn't that be reaching a bit?

keck553
Jul 3rd 2008, 03:32 PM
Psa 87:6 יהוה יספר בכתוב עמים זה ילד־שׁם סלה׃
Literally it says "Y'hovah saphar kathab am zeh yalad shawm selah"
"In recording the peoples Jehovah shall mark dowm, This (man) was born there. Selah."

In regards to the subject of this thread (book of life), I think this is may be a rabbit trail.

DeafPosttrib
Jul 3rd 2008, 03:45 PM
9Marksfan,

you said:

In other words, it's the register of Zion- the Jewish people - NOT the Book of Life.

Where you get this name of 'book' comes from?

I do not agree with your intepreting on 'book'.

Us our common sense, when Moses was with God on Mt. Sinai, God made the two stones of Ten Commandments. While Moses was with God on mountian. Down there, at the camp, people made idol of gold calf, and they were merrying and worshipped it. When Moses came down, and he saw them, he casted two stones against the rock, and brake them. Then, Moses returned to God. And he said to God, "Oh, this people have sinned a great sin, and have made them gods of gold. Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin--, and if not, BLOT me, I pray(ask) thee, OUT OF THY BOOK which thou hast written."

Then, God said to Moses, "Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I BLOT OUT OF MY BOOK." - Exo. 32:31-33.

'Book' of Exodus 32:32,33 is clearly speak of the book of life same as Rev. 20:14.

Also, in Daniel 7:10 mentioned of the Judgment. All people shall stand before the throne of Christ. The books shall be opened to reveale their works and deeds of their life on earth, what they have done.

'"books" of Dan. 7:10 is not the book of life. They are separated from the "Book of Life". These are records to reveal all people's deeds in their life what they have done.

Same with Rev. 20:12 telling us, all people shall stand before the throne of Christ, their deeds and works shall be reveal from books with fill of records, what they have done in their lifetime.

Both believers and unbelievers' deeds all are written in the "BookS" It shall declare our life at the Judgment Day.

Now at Rev. 20:14 telling us, anyone who are NOT found written in "the Book of Life", will be cast away into the lake of fire.

"The Book of Life" is the only ONE book, which written all people's names in it, ARE for the 'OVERCOMERS' only (Rev. 3:5).

'Overcamer' means, a person who did victory over sins, flesh, world, and Satan till death.

Once when a person who did endure all the way to death by overcome them, THEN, person's name shall remain written in the Book of Life - forever and ever.

OR... what if a person fails to overcome them in the midst of life, by the time, person dies while fail to overcome them, person's name shall be REMOVED from the Book of Life, cast away into the lake of fire.

Both Exo.32:33 & Rev. 3:5 are conditional.

We have to remember that, there are two distinction between "Book of Life" and "books". "Book of Life" pictured as Salvation book, and "books" are 'Records' to reveal all people's deeds, what they have done in their life.

I believe 'books' could be over hundreds or thousands of books. Because, since God created earth about 6000 years ago, so many people were born and died throughout many centuries. Right now, there is 6.7 billion of world population. I believe there must be about 100 billion peopel total from creation to the end of the age. There are too many sins, what all people have done in their life. Their deeds are being recorded in 'books'. I believe that, the angels are watching over us 24 hours, what we are doing, when we done good or evil, angels always writing in 'books' as records. These records in 'books' shall reveal to us all in the Judgment Day, what we have done good or evil.

BUT, the only ONE book - "Book of Life" is the only book, which written down all people's names, which who did overcame the world in their lifetime at death, are "Overcamers"- have eternal life(salvation).

if a person fails to endure in the lifetime till death, then person's name would be removed away from the Book of Life, cast away into lake of fire according to Rev. 2:11; 3:5; Matt. 10:22; and 24:13 too.

In Christ
Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

keck553
Jul 3rd 2008, 04:40 PM
Regarding the book of life, it's first alluded to in Exodus chapter 32 (32:32-33).

Exo 32:32 Now, if you will just forgive their sin! But if you won't, then, I beg you, blot me out of your book which you have written!"
Exo 32:33 Adonai answered Moshe, "Those who have sinned against me are the ones I will blot out of my book.

Moses had been on the mountain receiving Torah while the people waited below. Impatient for his return, they gave up waiting and made themselves a golden calf to worship (went back to the world's ways), thus incurring the wrath of God. Moses asks to be 'blotted out of the book" if God will not forgive their sins.

Other references in the TeNaKh are in Psalm 51 when David asks that his sins be blotted out. Interestingly, and for anyone who thinks the Holy Spirit is post-cross, they might refer to 51:13:

Psa 51:11 (51:13) אל־תשׁליכני מלפניך ורוח קדשׁך אל־תקח ממני׃

Psa 51:11 (51:13) Don't thrust me away from your presence, don't take your Ruach Kodesh (Holy Spirit) away from me.

Of course the exact phrase is in Psalms 69.

Other allusions are in 2Kings 14:27 and Psalm 9:5.

Judaism observe (before Jesus and to this day) thier new year (Rosh Hashana) called by Torah Yom Teruah, or The Day of the Sounding of the Shofar. Leviticus 23:23-25 calls it to be celebrated by blowing a shofar (ram's horn), resting from all work, and calling a holy convocation (assembly) and presenting an offering, described in Numbers 29:2-6. Ezra reads the Torah to the assembled people in Neh 8:2-9 on Rosh Hashana.

The themes of this day are (In Judaism):
1. Repentance
2. Redemption (restoration of a severed relationship with God)
3. The coming of Messiah
4. Judgement
5. Creation

Of course these themes are met and satisfied by Yeshua (Jesus). The New Testament associates the sound of the shofar with the coming (2nd) of Messiah. In Thessalonians, Paul tells us:

For the Lord himself (Messiah Jesus) will come down from heaven, with the voice of the arcangel and with the Tekiat Shofar of God, and the dead in Messiah will rise first.....1 Th 4:16

The description of Things to Come given in the New Testament fits with all the modern themes of Rosh Hashana. To participate in the rapture one must: Repent, he/she will be personally Redeemed. The soul will be redeemed immediately, and then the body on the day when Messiah comes again. We shall all be changed, and be like He is (1 Cor 15:51, 1 Jn 3:2) and therefore be ready for the Judgement (Rev 20:11-15) before the world is Created anew (Rev 21)

Ok, so now back to the Book of Life. In Phippeans 4:3 Paul mentions his faithful as being written in the Book of Life. Revelations contains these references:

3:5 - "he who overcomes" will not be blotted out
13:8 - All who are not written in teh Book of Life belonging to the Lamb will worship the beast
17:8 - All who are not written in teh Book of Life belonging to the Lamb will be astonished by the beast
20:12 - Judgement by the Book
20:15 - All who are not found in the book are thrown into the lake of fire
20:27 - All who are in the Book will enter New Jerusalem (YAY - free airfare !!)

One of the observences of Rosh Hashana is the tradition of Tashlikh. In this, worshippers go to a body of water an d toss the contents of their pockets (close your eyes Al Gore) into it while reciting passages such as Micah 7:19 - as a symbol of sin being swallowed up in forgiveness.

God promised a New Covenant that speaks of total forgiveness in Jeremiah 31.

Orthodox Jews would do well to study the Torah in this light: Torah teaches that atonement requires the shedding of blood, i.e. a sacrifice (Lev 17:11) But there is no temple now in which to make the sacrifice, so HOW can there be atonement? It is impossible to keep Torah completely as long as there is no temple. The rabbi's have done Scriptual gymnastics to work around this by declaring prayers would take the place of sacrifices, but that's not what GOD SAID. If prayer was sufficient, why would God set up the sacrificial system in the first place? Would God allow His temple to lay in ruins for 2000 years with no way for His people to atone their sins? Of course not! God HAS provided another Way - Messiah Yeshua!

Suppose someone reliable gives you directions to somewhere and you suddenly bump into a dead end. You know the directions are good, so you back up to see if you missed a turn. This illustrates the Torah, or directions given through Moses and the Prophets. It would be wise to back up and find the missed turn - The New Covenant, one that doesn't need a physical Temple, because the sacrifice had been made, sufficient to obsolete all other blood sacrifices. The Prophets talked about a "Righteous Servant" Who would make such a sacrifice (Isaiah 53:6, 8, 12).

Ironically Isaiah is no longer read in Synagogues these days in the weekly Torah readings.

All authority has been given to Yeshua/Jesus. He has the Book of Life and has promised to all be believe and trust eternal life. Nothing has been replaced, it's just been made better. How much better is it that we have this blessed assurance!

theBelovedDisciple
Jul 3rd 2008, 05:16 PM
Jesus taught in Luke, that one may know that his/her name was written in the Book of Life in Heaven... He taught that when the spirits... ie devils demons unclean spirits, are made subject unto you thru His name.. then He taught not to rejoice in that but rejoice in the fact that your name is Written in the Lambs Book of Life..

Those 'spirits' know who the true followers are of Jesus the Christ are.......

They have to come under subjection to you thru His name... This because they 'know' who you are and that the Spirit of Christ rests upon you and is in you...

Today I know personally and with all confidence, know that my name is written in His book..... this because the Word tells me and the fact that devils, unclean spirits, I encounter on a daily basis are made subject unto me.. but its not me.. Its Him and the Spirit of the Livning God that rests on me and in me... Hallelujah!!

For my eyes and ears have been opened....

http://cf.blb.org/gifs/copyChkboxOff.gifLuk 10:20 (http://cf.blb.org/Bible.cfm?b=Luk&c=10&v=20&t=KJV#20)Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

9Marksfan
Jul 3rd 2008, 08:52 PM
Psalm 87:6 does not refer to a 'book'...couldn't that be reaching a bit?

Er, what else is he going to record in?

keck553
Jul 3rd 2008, 09:04 PM
Last I heard, God has a good memory.

Certainly, you don't want Him writing your name in the earth!

9Marksfan
Jul 3rd 2008, 09:31 PM
Where you get this name of 'book' comes from?

I don't get any name of any book - but the psalm is about the glorious things spoken of Zion, City of God. The psalm goes on to teach that those born there are privileged - God marks down in his register (book) that they have ben born there - he has a regoister of all the inhabitnats of Zion - I believe this is a metaphor for the Jewish nation, often called Zion in Scripture, becuae of it close connection with Mount Zion and Jerusalem.

I do not agree with your intepreting on 'book'.

I gathered that - because it doesn't fit in with your doctrine.

Us our common sense, when Moses was with God on Mt. Sinai, God made the two stones of Ten Commandments. While Moses was with God on mountian. Down there, at the camp, people made idol of gold calf, and they were merrying and worshipped it. When Moses came down, and he saw them, he casted two stones against the rock, and brake them. Then, Moses returned to God. And he said to God, "Oh, this people have sinned a great sin, and have made them gods of gold. Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin--, and if not, BLOT me, I pray(ask) thee, OUT OF THY BOOK which thou hast written."

Then, God said to Moses, "Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I BLOT OUT OF MY BOOK." - Exo. 32:31-33.

'Book' of Exodus 32:32,33 is clearly speak of the book of life same as Rev. 20:14.

Why? By your own admission, God has written several books - why should this one be the Book of Life? It nowhere states that it is the Book of Life! Ps 139 speaks of the Lord's book of the days of our lives - there are many, many books.....

Also, in Daniel 7:10 mentioned of the Judgment. All people shall stand before the throne of Christ. The books shall be opened to reveale their works and deeds of their life on earth, what they have done.

'"books" of Dan. 7:10 is not the book of life. They are separated from the "Book of Life". These are records to reveal all people's deeds in their life what they have done.

Agreed.

Same with Rev. 20:12 telling us, all people shall stand before the throne of Christ, their deeds and works shall be reveal from books with fill of records, what they have done in their lifetime.

Agreed.

Both believers and unbelievers' deeds all are written in the "BookS" It shall declare our life at the Judgment Day.

Now at Rev. 20:14 telling us, anyone who are NOT found written in "the Book of Life", will be cast away into the lake of fire.

Again, agreed.

"The Book of Life" is the only ONE book, which written all people's names in it,

What do you mean by "all people"? Everyone who has ever lived? or every believer?

ARE for the 'OVERCOMERS' only (Rev. 3:5).

So believers, right?

'Overcamer' means, a person who did victory over sins, flesh, world, and Satan till death.

And how do people overcome? Who are they who overcome?

Once when a person who did endure all the way to death by overcome them, THEN, person's name shall remain written in the Book of Life - forever and ever.

Agreed - but how do they manage this? Do they do this by themselves?

OR... what if a person fails to overcome them in the midst of life, by the time, person dies while fail to overcome them, person's name shall be REMOVED from the Book of Life, cast away into the lake of fire.

So we're saved by our obedience, then?

Both Exo.32:33 & Rev. 3:5 are conditional.

If Ex 32:33 applied to believers, EVERYONE'S name would be blotted out and Heaven would be empty! Why? Because EVERY believer sins against God after their conversion - NOT ONE lives a sinless, perfect life..... and ev 3:5 isn;t conditional -it's a statement - and a promise!

We have to remember that, there are two distinction between "Book of Life" and "books". "Book of Life" pictured as Salvation book, and "books" are 'Records' to reveal all people's deeds, what they have done in their life.[quote]

Agreed - but there are other books in the OT - I've pointed totwo of them - in Ps 87 and Ps 139 - I'm guessing that the book in Ex 32 is the one in Ps 87 - or it may be another one altogether - but ti was one where the covenant community of the nation of Israel had their names written - and we know that not all Isreal are Israel - so it was never a book of those who would become true believers - it wa sa book of those born into the Jewish nation - and not all of them had faith. So it has to be a different book.....

[quote]I believe 'books' could be over hundreds or thousands of books. Because, since God created earth about 6000 years ago, so many people were born and died throughout many centuries. Right now, there is 6.7 billion of world population. I believe there must be about 100 billion peopel total from creation to the end of the age. There are too many sins, what all people have done in their life. Their deeds are being recorded in 'books'.

Very true - a sobering thought we would do well to remember on a daily basis.

I believe that, the angels are watching over us 24 hours, what we are doing, when we done good or evil, angels always writing in 'books' as records.

Do you have any Scripture to back this up?

These records in 'books' shall reveal to us all in the Judgment Day, what we have done good or evil.

BUT, the only ONE book - "Book of Life" is the only book, which written down all people's names, which who did overcame the world in their lifetime at death, are "Overcamers"- have eternal life(salvation).

if a person fails to endure in the lifetime till death, then person's name would be removed away from the Book of Life, cast away into lake of fire according to Rev. 2:11; 3:5; Matt. 10:22; and 24:13 too.

I agree that he who endures to the end will be saved - but I don't accept that any true believer will have their name blotted out of the Book of Life - because true beleivers WILL overcome - God will ensure that - and because Christ promised that not one of His sheep would ever perish - and His sheep know Him, hear His voice and follow Him - ie they endure.

In Christ
Rev. 22:20 -Amen!