PDA

View Full Version : LIGHTEN UP... Why Do You Love The Lord?

ProjectPeter
Jul 17th 2008, 02:16 AM
Been tense in here the last few days so let's lighten up a bit. Everyone testify... why do you love the Lord?

VerticalReality
Jul 17th 2008, 02:18 AM
How about the ol', "Because He first loved me . . . " answer? :D

ProjectPeter
Jul 17th 2008, 02:19 AM
In a few words... He saved my sorry self. I was worthless and a worm of worms. Yet because of His great lovingkindness... in faith... (had to say it ;)) God made me a son!

theBelovedDisciple
Jul 17th 2008, 02:20 AM
Been tense in here the last few days so let's lighten up a bit. Everyone testify... why do you love the Lord?
----------------------------------------------------

Becasue He 'first' loved me........ just a simple post and answer.....

and thanks for this thread...... great idea...

ProjectPeter
Jul 17th 2008, 02:20 AM
I'm singing that little old song with you. :)

BrckBrln
Jul 17th 2008, 02:34 AM
I too am forced to go with the 'He loved me first' answer because that really is true. I always believed in God, as I was raised with Christian parents and went to Church. But I just thought of it as a casual thing. Jesus wasn't first in my life and I thought I had other things to worry about. Then after school was over for some reason I started getting serious about my faith and joined some message boards and read a lot of Christian books, mostly on Bible Prophecy as that was really interesting. Now He is first in my life and I am very grateful for that, grateful that He sought after me before I sought Him.

Zack702
Jul 17th 2008, 02:49 AM
For all things.

amazzin
Jul 17th 2008, 02:50 AM
For selfish reasons. He has this beautiful kitchen in one of them mansions and IT'S MINE! oh yes IT'S MINE

livingwaters
Jul 17th 2008, 02:56 AM
Cause HE saved a wretch like me!!! Thank you, Lord Jesus:kiss::hug::pp

Ayala
Jul 17th 2008, 03:42 AM
Because He loves me like no one else can. Because He bore my sins on that cross. Because, apart from Him, I have no hope. Blessed be His righteous name forever and ever, amen.

Toymom
Jul 17th 2008, 03:47 AM
I Love Him because He first loved me.
I Love Him because He lives in me.
I Love Him because He is love.
I Love Him because He is the most wonderful, fantastic, incredible, beautiful, amazing, loving, caring, peaceful, joyful, superabounding more than we can ever imagine or describe, the One and Only Lord of the Universe.

Whispering Grace
Jul 17th 2008, 02:40 PM
I love the Lord because He took a broken, hopeless, helpless shell of a person and made me whole. My life changed completely and forever when I came to know Him!

If you care to read 100 other reasons why I love the Lord, you can read them here:

http://bibleforums.org/showpost.php?p=1036983&postcount=1

:)

This is a great thread, but sadly, I know it won't get as much traffic as the heated, controversial threads. Truly, THIS should be a thread Christians flock to!

BroRog
Jul 17th 2008, 02:45 PM
I love the Lord for his faithfulness.

vinsight4u8
Jul 17th 2008, 02:59 PM
I love - adore the Lord Jesus Christ because He is working His plan to the finish! He is no respector of persons. I look at the awesomeness of His creative power and just wonder at the splendor of this Being! I see His book to us and think what an Author! I love Him because without Jesus I would have to spend eternity away from this wonderful God and I want to thank, hug, bow and praise Him forever! He died for me and His word is forever settled in Heaven. Just thinking about Him makes me get goosebumps, I can hardly wait to see what happens when I meet Him in person! He guides me in this life and I want Him to do the same in the next one!

Oh magnify the name of Jesus Christ!
Someday the wicked will hide in the rocks for fear of Him and His glory!

Bethany67
Jul 17th 2008, 03:07 PM
Because He doesn't give me what I deserve. I am in awe of His Love and faithfulness. He never gave up on me when I stormed away from Him, and He was infinitely patient with me all through those dark years.

jewel4Christ
Jul 17th 2008, 03:21 PM
Amen...I agree with all the above! :D

It is good to have something we can all agree on.......:kiss:

I just want to add that I love Jesus MORE everyday.

I have come to realise that my love for Him grows, as He reveals Himself to me.

It is a daily growth process where you truly come to know Him in a personal way. Through this growth, your love for Him grows, continually, just like He promised.

For this reason, I can hardly wait until tomorrow........;)

Thanks Jesus!

peaceandlove,

janet

tango
Jul 17th 2008, 03:28 PM

Are you trying to say I don't love the Lord?

:lol::lol: Sorry, couldn't resist that one :lol::lol:

How about because he saved me from myself, and then gave me another chance despite the fact I'd spat in his face and walked away from everything he did for me? I'd say that gave me good reason to love him :pp

tango
Jul 17th 2008, 03:29 PM
Funny you should post this, I just wrote a post about Hosea and God's great faithfulness this afternoon :)

Gard
Jul 17th 2008, 03:44 PM
Because even though I selfishly and childishly turned my back on Him for many years, He was there, waiting for me to return all that time.

Thank you Lord Jesus!

keck553
Jul 17th 2008, 04:01 PM
The first act of grace God gave me was life. He continued to pour out His grace even before I came to know Him, by keeping me alive and provided for. And now I know Him, and He continues to pour unmerited favor upon me which I do not deserve.

I have earned imprisonment in hell, slavery to satan, and cast out of God's presence for my transgressions.

Instead, He loves me and died for me, rose again with a promise, though through my sins I have profaned His Name and crushed Him like a rose on the ground. His strips, humiliation and scars are the consequences of my actions. Yet, He loves me.

What can I do, but thank Him for allowing me the priveledge to serve Him and to love Him? He has given me so much. He came when I needed a friend. He holds my life in His hands. I depend on Him. He took my shame.He taught me how to live, how to be brand new.

Without Him, there is no meaning to life at all. I know I can't repay Him for His love and faithfulness (and patience).

A few weeks ago, I was framing a wall, when my 6 year old son came up, asked for a hammer and started to imitate me. Of course he didn't have the knowledge or skills, but he wanted to imitate his dad. Any dad here will know how sweet the aroma of his son wanting to imitate him is. That's the aroma God speaks of. The aroma of the burnt offering wasn't the physical aroma, it was the aroma of loving obedience. It's all God ever wanted from us. Love, and the actions to show it. My son tried his best with his hammer because he loved his dad. In that same childlike desire, I realized that I too desire to imitate my Savior. Though I can't do it as well as He did, though I can't totally understand all the reasons and details, and though I won't get it right by His standards, I still want to because I love Him. And He does respond, giving me shalom, and revelation. He shows me more and more about who He was, who He is, and who He will be. I'm becoming to know my Father as I 'pick up the hammer' and imitate Him.

All I know to do is to love and obey Him the best I can. Not for favor, but as a result of favor.

the rookie
Jul 17th 2008, 04:15 PM
His astonishing mercy and tenderness towards me in my struggle, fiery passionate jealousy for my destiny, His incredible, perfect wisdom and leadership, and His stunning enjoyable-ness...

Throw in Psalm 45 - truth, humility, and righteousness mixed with my favorite attribute, "the oil of gladness more than Your companions", or the "gladdest Man who ever lived" - I really love that...:D

ananias
Jul 17th 2008, 06:22 PM
Cause HE saved a wretch like me!!! Thank you, Lord Jesus:kiss::hug::pp

Amen.

ananias.

Theophilus
Jul 17th 2008, 06:27 PM
...which is obviously rooted in His astounding love.

grptinHisHand
Jul 17th 2008, 06:39 PM
Yes! Great thread. I love Him because He first loved me. Because He Is. Because of His grace, by which He saved me. Because of His mercy, by which He forgives me when I falter, or fail. I love Him. I love Him. and because I do, I spend time with Him. He is always there for me.
Praise to His Holy Name! :pp

God bless you all! :hug:
g

SIG
Jul 17th 2008, 11:14 PM
Because He is an always-beautiful and life-saving alternative to ME!

WonderWoman4Jesus
Jul 17th 2008, 11:23 PM
Because He loves me no matter how bad I get!

He made Chihuahuas the best dogs on earth

And of course because He let chocolate exist. If it didn't have calories I'd eat it for every meal!!!:D;)

threebigrocks
Jul 17th 2008, 11:57 PM
Because God reached down in his pure holiness, clean and blameles and picked up a dirty filthy wretch like me out of the gutter.

And because amazzin is gonna let me cook in his kitchen! :D (I don't do dishes by the way, that's PP's specialty...)

SweetSomber
Jul 18th 2008, 12:16 AM
Cus He's awesome... He's the ONLY one that is truly awesome. He's sweet and kind, but powerful and competitive too. God is actually quite witty - just read some of His statements to the pharisees. God is so more amazing that anyone can imagine Him to be, but He's still patient with any of our ignorance. It's hard to explain...

Joe King
Jul 18th 2008, 12:25 AM
How someone can have all of the power and all of the wisdom and love a worthless creature like me is beyond me. I deserve hell, I truly do. I have to keep Jesus in my mind every minute of every day. There is nothing I can do to make up for my transgressions.

The Parson
Jul 18th 2008, 12:30 AM
Wow, Amen, Amen, and Amen. John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. That's why in a nutshell!!! :pp

losthorizon
Jul 18th 2008, 12:39 AM
This poem by Melody Ravert sums it up for meÖ
Do You Love Me, Lord?
by Melody Ravert

I love you, my child. I gave you eyes to behold the splendor of a sunrise, the wonder of a starry night, and the promise of the rainbow.

Do you love me, Lord?

I love you, my child. I gave you ears to hear the precious laughter of a child, the melodious sound of a symphony, and the song of the robin.

Do you love me, Lord?

I love you, my child. I gave you a nose to smell the fresh scent of a bouquet of roses, the newly cut grass, just mowed, and the freshness of an apple picked off a tree.

Do you love me, Lord?

I love you, my child. I gave you a mouth to taste the sweetness of honey, the tartness of a lemon, the warmth of a kiss.

Do you love me, Lord?

I love you, my child. I gave you the sense of touch to caress the smooth skin of a new born baby, the softness of a kitten, the cool breeze upon your face.

Yes, my child I love you so much that I created all your members of the body to work in harmony with each other. My gift to you is what you are; your gift to me is what you allow me to accomplish in you.

cheech
Jul 18th 2008, 12:52 AM
Because he sees me and judges me for who I really am not how I look, my popularity, or how much money I have (which isn't much :D). I am good enough for Him when others didn't consider me good enough. And the number one reason I love the Lord...because he didn't stop knocking on the door of my heart until I answered and let Him in (he was persistent! :pp)

grptinHisHand
Jul 18th 2008, 01:27 PM
:idea:
cheech,
great reply. :pp
I'd love to see you post it to Brandon in the following thread:

http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php?t=132391&page=2&highlight=brandon13830

mcgyver
Jul 18th 2008, 04:19 PM
Wow, Amen, Amen, and Amen. John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. That's why in a nutshell!!! :pp

:agree: If there was ever a man who deserved Hell, it was me. Yet He never gave up on me and took a heart that was truly "stony" and gave me a heart of flesh...compassion...love....

And He isn't done with me yet!!!!!!!!!

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new." 2 Corinthians 5:17....

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Lord Jesus!

Slug1
Jul 18th 2008, 04:38 PM
Cause He accepted my surrender and answered my prayer when I asked for Him to use me.

fewarechosen
Jul 18th 2008, 04:44 PM
one more reason is because he walked the earth perfectly and not only talked the talk but walked the walk so if it wasnt for him i wouldnt even know what love is.

WELL
Jul 18th 2008, 04:49 PM

Some people think they love the Lord, when in fact they don't , like the pharisees!

Matt 7:
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

One of the reasons why I love the Lord is because He is completly just,
unlike most of the people on this planet.

There again, it not by the words we post here that proves we are of the faith, but our lives.

BCF
Jul 18th 2008, 05:17 PM
I Love My Lord Jesus because without Him I am Nothing.

Not able to show Love

Not able to show Trust

Not able to show Forgiveness

Not able to show Joy

Not able to show Happiness

Not able to show Peace

Not able to do nothing, because I would be nothing.

But because I do Love Jesus I can do all of these things all at the same time.

I give Praise to my Loving Lord for shedding His Blood for me, and allowing me to show His Love to a dying world.

KingFisher
Jul 18th 2008, 06:07 PM
I can't really add to what has already been said.

But this song is the first thought that came to my
mind when I saw this thread...

My Jesus, I love thee, I know thou art mine;
for thee all the follies of sin I resign.
My gracious Redeemer, my Savior art thou;
if ever I loved thee, my Jesus, 'tis now.

I love thee because thou hast first loved me,
and purchased my pardon on Calvary's tree;
I love thee for wearing the thorns on thy brow;
I'll love Thee in life, I will love Thee 'til death,
And praise Thee as long as Thou lendest me breath;
And say when the death dew lies cold on my brow,
if ever I loved thee, my Jesus, 'tis now. 4
In mansions of glory and endless delight;
I'll ever adore thee in heaven so bright;
I'll sing with the glittering crown on my brow;

Thanks for making me pause and reflect,
KingFisher

Mograce2U
Jul 18th 2008, 06:16 PM
Because He heard my cry and answered me and showed me His salvation.

Because He lifted me out of the pit I was in and put my feet upon the Rock and gave me new life.

Because He has shown Himself faithful to me and corrects me gently when I have strayed and causes me to love His word.

Because He has given me hope when I had only despair.

Because He lives, I will live too!

Blessed be the Name of the Lord!

Ninna
Jul 18th 2008, 08:03 PM
I don't post often in this forum.:D This thread is different....it is amazing to me that He loves me even though He knows me. Thank you, Lord, for making me a new person!!

threebigrocks
Jul 19th 2008, 01:08 AM
....it is amazing to me that He loves me even though He knows me.

Now that is descriptive, maybe even perfectly so.

Anastasia J
Jul 19th 2008, 02:21 AM
I can not even begin to imagine what life outside of Christ would be like. I try to think about it once in a while and I feel like existence would be completely futile, there would be no point. I canít remember life without Him anymore and my inner being begins to become terrified at even the thought of being separated from Him. No thank you, He is literally everything to me. He fills me with joy, love, life and every good thing.:pp

Lisadawn
Jul 19th 2008, 07:30 PM
Because He loves me all of the time no matter what.

He doesn't reject me. He doesn't put me down.

When I am in despair playing in the sandbox of my sins, he comes and reaches down to me, gives me his hand and pulls me out, yet again!

I love Him.

Yankee Candle
Jul 19th 2008, 10:23 PM
Because of His grace and He loves me though I am undeserving.

And because He laughs at my humor.:P

(Please don't ask me to explain that one!)

http://www.fotosearch.com/bthumb/UNY/UNY166/u13784142.jpg

Come Quickly, Lord Jesus!

Kingsdaughter
Jul 20th 2008, 01:35 PM
I love the Lord because He first loved me. While I hated Him, didn't want Him, and thought my life was just fine without Him, He loved on me and died for me anyway. I love Him because He chose to save me before it was too late. I love Him because one day I will see Him and I will live and be with Him forever.

Friend of I AM
Jul 20th 2008, 04:15 PM

The sacrafice on the cross is one reason. I also know in my heart that the heart of God is truly one of mercy/love/and kindness, even though I don't understand all of the time why he does the things that he does.

Debra R
Jul 24th 2008, 12:18 AM
I don't post often in this forum.:D This thread is different....it is amazing to me that He loves me even though He knows me. Thank you, Lord, for making me a new person!!

That's the way I feel :). It's amazing to me that He loves me even though He knows me. That makes me love Him more that He loves me inspite of myself.

I love Him because He first loved me. :)

Hey ProjectPeter, great thread. :)

My heart's Desire
Jul 24th 2008, 06:48 AM
First, I don't think I love Him enough. Second, I love Him because I exist! I was thinking the other day, just think about it. To be alive, to be chosen to exist at this exciting time to await His soon return, to see the events on the horizon. You know, I didn't have to exist but the fact remains He saw fit that I was to be born and to have the opportunity to know Him! You know what I mean? I EXIST. My Mom didn't have to get married and have a child and my mom didn't have to exist but we did and do! I Love Him because I exist! And what a day to be alive, to exist! None of us had to be here but WE ARE! And of course I love Him because He knew I'd come to know and Love Him!

JesusMySavior
Jul 24th 2008, 06:55 AM
Romans 5:8 and Ephesians 2:4-9

He's good indeed. I don't deserve ANYTHING from the Most High yet He pours out His blessings on me over and over again.

NightWatchman
Jul 24th 2008, 07:01 AM
I love Him because He reached out to me when I saw nothing to live for.
He continued to love me when I wrecklessly chased after God for answers to everything.
And He continues to reveal His love to me--
a love that He first showed to me when I had no regard for Jesus Christ.

JesusMySavior
Jul 27th 2008, 06:57 AM
I love Him because He reached out to me when I saw nothing to live for.
He continued to love me when I wrecklessly chased after God for answers to everything.
And He continues to reveal His love to me--
a love that He first showed to me when I had no regard for Jesus Christ.

Amen and Amen! :hug:

StevenC
Jul 31st 2008, 07:59 AM
Though I am a sinner, worthy of suffering, God in his grace has delivered me from spiritual death. I have a hope, and this is it, that one day my Lord shall say of me also "this is my son in whom I am well pleased." Not that I am worthy of such a statement, but God is faithful. One day I shall no longer be a sinful man in a body of flesh but I shall instead be a son of God filled with His glory.

-Steven

TRL1957
Aug 4th 2008, 05:35 AM
I was drawn to Christ by His Mercy and loving nature. His willingness to forgive me though I cost Him his life. I am only worthy to be a child of God
by the blood of Christ. I love Him because His love and Mercy never fails...and It does not waver when I disappoint Him. He knows my frame, my weaknesses, every sin I have committed...or will commit and He will eagerly forgive me. It will not be held over my head...as far as the east is from west, is His promise, to remove my transgressions. He is for me, and loves me when I struggle to love myself. He walks beside me in times of sorrow and joy. He cares about every detail of my life...He really loves me. How could I not love such a friend as Jesus.

Ashley274
Aug 4th 2008, 06:38 AM
My reason is a little different than most people posted...I love the Lord because I feel lucky we got a nice God a kind and good one..I often think , what if God was like Satan and that was the BEST there was ...yuck what a creepy Heaven we would have .

brakelite
Aug 4th 2008, 07:03 AM
I love God cos He's the bestest Dad in the whooole wide universe.:hug:

brakelite
Aug 4th 2008, 10:32 PM
And Jesus, my big Brother, I know will do just anything for me. He is just soooo cool. He's awesome. He never gets tired of me asking dumb questions. He doesn't get impatient with this bumbling dopey little brother constantly getting under His feet. I look up to Him, I worship the ground He walks on. I absolutely adore Him. I wanna be everything He is. I wanna do everything He does. I wanna go everywhere He goes. And guess what. He doesn't mind me following Him around everywhere; He doesn't say "Oh you cramp My style" or anything like that. He is just genuinely happy for me to tag along. There's just no big brother like Jesus.

IMINXTC
Aug 12th 2008, 03:56 AM
"When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up" Ps 27:10

immortality
Aug 12th 2008, 04:10 AM
he has saved me from eternal anguish, despair, and utter hopelessness.

he has chosen me out of the world, giving me the opportunity to escape the corruption of this evil planet and to partake in the divine, celestial nature.

ConqueredbyLove
Aug 12th 2008, 05:02 PM
How can I answer after reading all of these incredible replies! They must bring such joy to our Father's heart.

For now, I will try to answer with this video. If you choose to watch it, please watch it all the way through as it gets better as it goes along.

Moderator, this is a link to a video that talks about our dear Jesus:hug:

btw...it is a great witnessing tool, also....

http://www.ignitermedia.com/products/iv/singles/4/Thats-My-King

9Marksfan
Aug 19th 2008, 09:23 AM
How can I answer after reading all of these incredible replies! They must bring such joy to our Father's heart.

For now, I will try to answer with this video. If you choose to watch it, please watch it all the way through as it gets better as it goes along.

Moderator, this is a link to a video that talks about our dear Jesus:hug:

btw...it is a great witnessing tool, also....

http://www.ignitermedia.com/products/iv/singles/4/Thats-My-King

Thanks so much for this, CBL - I first came across this on the local Christian radio station I was involved in a couple of years ago - we broadcast it as the last thing on the last evening - now I know where to find it! Another version closes with the repreated challenge: Do you KNOW Him? That's what it's all about!

PS It was the last evening because we only had a four week licence - now we have a FULL TIME licence - due to go live next February, God willing - please pray - there's a real temptation to make it "watered down" so as to get a bigger listenership - I'n very burdened about it.....