PDA

View Full Version : I HATE Shopping!

Whispering Grace
Jul 19th 2008, 04:45 PM
Seriously....what a colossal waste of time and energy. :P

If I never had to set foot in another store as long as I live, I would be just fine!

I just about started hyperventilating in Target this morning. It was all I could do to get through the check out line before I started getting all twitchy. [Me after about 15 minutes in any store --> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/Elle232002/twitch1.gif?t=1216486059 ]

Have I lost my right to be female now with this startling admission? :o

TRL1957
Jul 19th 2008, 05:10 PM
No, you are right on target, in some ways it is a waste of time, and some are addicted to it. I hate clothes shopping!!!! Just spent 3 days I will never get back. I am hard to fit.
Now, when it comes to shopping for others, such as their birthdays, and Christmas, since I love giving gifts to others, it isn't as bad. I actually enjoy Christmas shopping, listening to the holiday music, as I plot what to give them. Other than those exceptions, I hate shopping, it gets on my nerves!!!!

Ta-An
Jul 19th 2008, 05:50 PM
Just gimme your credit card or cash and a shopping list, and I'll go do it all for you :pp

TRL1957
Jul 19th 2008, 06:24 PM
Just gimme your credit card or cash and a shopping list, and I'll go do it all for you :pp
That works for me!! Friday is grocery day. LOL

Ta-An
Jul 19th 2008, 06:35 PM
That works for me!! Friday is grocery day. LOL
You do know you'll have to include a return Plane ticket from SA every Friday,,,, so as soon as you are ready, lemme know and I'll be packed :pp

threebigrocks
Jul 19th 2008, 06:42 PM
Me too. I'm short, and need to find a dress for a wedding Friday. I am absolutely dreading having to go do this.

ACCM, HELP! :D

Ta-An
Jul 19th 2008, 07:24 PM
Me too. I'm short, and need to find a dress for a wedding Friday. I am absolutely dreading having to go do this.

ACCM, HELP! :DOK easy :idea: .... we'll put you in one of those stretching machines, and roll you out tall ..... then it will be 'Oh so easy' to find that dress :pp

OR< I can just go to the wedding in your place :idea:

AngelAuthor
Jul 19th 2008, 07:29 PM
Have I lost my right to be female now with this startling admission? :o

No, I'll balance you out, sister. I'm a guy and I love shopping! Day after Thanksgiving: BEST DAY OF THE YEAR TO HIT THE MALL!! The crowd...the people watching, the hustle & bustle...ahhh...

Bethany67
Jul 19th 2008, 07:35 PM
I used to hate it too, so I made some adjustments. Grocery shopping is early Saturday morning - I take my wheeled trolley and go to the local fruit & veg market (we live near the longest food market in Europe), then pop into Lidl, a German cheapie place. It keeps costs down, keeps me out of the big supermarkets (we still have to go there once a month to bulk-buy cat food), and is done pretty quickly when there are much fewer people around.

I still hate clothes shopping though. I only buy clothes to replace stuff that has worn out. For other stuff I buy online where I can.

miepie
Jul 19th 2008, 07:49 PM
I like shopping a lot, but never come further than the stores of the shoppingcentre I live on top of...... because of my handicaps and bedriddenness....... I'd love to go to town or to the market, but it's simply not possible anymore..... only other places I come are for the braces or the hospital...... so not much fun there either...... :rolleyes:

Love you,
Mieke :kiss:

Susanna62
Jul 19th 2008, 08:23 PM
My father is a big shopper. If he is with other people, he'll shop until they finally drag him out of the store. :lol:

I used to really hate clothes shopping but I found some excellent stores so it is easier now. I still only go once a year or less though.

The bookstore is the only store I could spend hours in, but I am frugal so I usually just borrow books from the library or buy online.

Whispering Grace
Jul 19th 2008, 08:27 PM
No, I'll balance you out, sister. I'm a guy and I love shopping! Day after Thanksgiving: BEST DAY OF THE YEAR TO HIT THE MALL!! The crowd...the people watching, the hustle & bustle...ahhh...

Oh man, you are CRAZY!!!! :lol:

I don't even leave my house the day after Thanksgiving!

kayte
Jul 19th 2008, 09:43 PM
The bookstore is the only store I could spend hours in, but I am frugal so I usually just borrow books from the library or buy online.
I don't know if I can put bookstores in the category of shopping. I love bookstores... even how they smell. :lol:

I can handle a little bit of shopping, but it's definitely not high on my list of enjoyable things to do. My mil and sil actually go on shopping trips. I mean they go to distant cities just to shop in new malls (flying or making 8 hour drives!) :o

My husband is a surgical shopper.. get in, get what you absolutely have to and get out. :rolleyes: :lol:

threebigrocks
Jul 19th 2008, 10:09 PM

That is kamakazie shopping. There are crazy people out on that day! Scary, I hide at home!

threebigrocks
Jul 19th 2008, 10:10 PM
OR< I can just go to the wedding in your place :idea:

No way! It's adults only, and our kids are old enough to watch themselves while we are gone. It will be like a date night!! Sounds like a beautiful dinner too! :D

Just the dress please! :P

Jeanne D
Jul 19th 2008, 11:01 PM
I like shopping although after about 2 hours I start to get very antsy and I have to go home.

My sister on the other hand can shop for 8 hours and think nothing of it.

Being able to shop online must be helpful for you Whispering Grace.

Jeanne:hug:

Whispering Grace
Jul 19th 2008, 11:16 PM
All right....I have to go to the store for some food. If I'm not back in 1 hour, someone send in the EMS! I'll probably be passed out somewhere between the canned goods and the cereal aisle!

TRL1957
Jul 20th 2008, 12:10 AM
You do know you'll have to include a return Plane ticket from SA every Friday,,,, so as soon as you are ready, lemme know and I'll be packed :pp
Oh my...I'd have to sell my house to pay for it!!! I've got the answer, move here. A lot of people on this board have got their shopping lists ready. LOL

Ta-An
Jul 20th 2008, 02:39 PM
No way! It's adults only, and our kids are old enough to watch themselves while we are gone. It will be like a date night!! Sounds like a beautiful dinner too! :D

Just the dress please! :POk, I'll send you a little black number of mine, then it will be a nice long dress for you......

I never pictured you to be short... :hmm:

I am 5'10" or 1.77m tall :D

Ta-An
Jul 20th 2008, 02:44 PM
Oh my...I'd have to sell my house to pay for it!!! I've got the answer, move here. A lot of people on this board have got their shopping lists ready. LOLlemme tell you.... the temptation is there... but we'll probably stick it out here :D
Our forefathers came to this country to bring civilization to darkest Africa,,,,, but now many of the people living here are those 50+'s because the younger folk are all emigrating to places like England, USA, Australia, Nieu Zealand..... I'm telling you we as South Africans feel like the Jews.... spread out over the whole world....

AngelAuthor
Jul 20th 2008, 08:25 PM
That is kamakazie shopping.:rofl:

There are crazy people out on that day!

Sooo....what are you tryin' to say?