PDA

View Full Version : Sweet hour of prayer…

Redeemed by Grace
Jul 23rd 2008, 03:33 PM
Sweet hour of prayer…

Anyone interested from within Bible chat to set aside time this Friday to pray for:

- God’s Glory
- For each other’s walk

My plan is for this Friday during my lunch hour, to take those folks who have offered reply to this post, to lift you up before the Lord.

You in to pray during your lunch hour too?

For His Glory…

Ephesians 1:15-23
15 For this reason I too, having heard of the faith in the Lord Jesus which exists among you and your love for all the saints,
16 do not cease giving thanks for you, while making mention of you in my prayers;
17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of Him.
18 I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints,
19 and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might
20 which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places,
21 far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come.
22 And He put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the church,
23 which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.

RabbiKnife
Jul 23rd 2008, 03:37 PM
Wonderful idea.

Throw into the mix those that don't have a lunch break!!!

:saint:

grptinHisHand
Jul 23rd 2008, 03:43 PM
Sure, Redeemed!
I will be happy to agree with you in prayer on Friday at lunchtime! I love to pray for others. Our nation sure needs prayer. Well, we all do. We can pray for the lost who post here on the Christians Answer forum to hear God's voice in the messages they get from our folks and turn their lives over to Him.
I'm on the east coast so will be praying between 12-1 in my timezone (EDT).
g :pray:

givemegrace
Jul 23rd 2008, 03:48 PM
Are we talking UK lunch hour? Let me know. Thanks and God Bless

Redeemed by Grace
Jul 23rd 2008, 03:58 PM
I'm in the eastern US and 5 hours behind you, so if you wanted to synchronize the time I believe it be 5PM UK... but if you take each one who replies here and pray for them sometime during your day Friday... I think would work just the same... Thanks....

For His glory...

RogerW
Jul 23rd 2008, 04:19 PM
Sweet hour of prayer…

Anyone interested from within Bible chat to set aside time this Friday to pray for:

- God’s Glory
- For each other’s walk

My plan is for this Friday during my lunch hour, to take those folks who have offered reply to this post, to lift you up before the Lord.

You in to pray during your lunch hour too?

For His Glory…

Ephesians 1:15-23
15 For this reason I too, having heard of the faith in the Lord Jesus which exists among you and your love for all the saints,
16 do not cease giving thanks for you, while making mention of you in my prayers;
17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of Him.
18 I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints,
19 and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might
20 which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places,
21 far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come.
22 And He put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the church,
23 which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.

Since prayer is probably (at least by me) the greatest neglect in the body of Christ, this hour of prayer encourages me to pray for the saints...that, my friend is always of great value. Thank you for this reminder, and count me in.

Many Blessings,
RW

Redeemed by Grace
Jul 23rd 2008, 04:39 PM
Since prayer is probably (at least by me) the greatest neglect in the body of Christ, this hour of prayer encourages me to pray for the saints...that, my friend is always of great value. Thank you for this reminder, and count me in.

Many Blessings,
RW

Yep... breathing in His Word; exhaling it back to Him in prayer....

Will be praying with you and for you as well...

For His glory...

Whispering Grace
Jul 23rd 2008, 04:39 PM
Count me in. :)

Redeemed by Grace
Jul 23rd 2008, 05:41 PM
Count me in. :)

Welcome.... :) .

Redeemed by Grace
Jul 25th 2008, 01:52 AM
Last call for joining in for a sweet hour of prayer tomorrow....

Not a gimmick... but a serious desire to thank and seek the Lord...

grptinHisHand
Jul 25th 2008, 12:37 PM
Last call for joining in for a sweet hour of prayer tomorrow....

Not a gimmick... but a serious desire to thank and seek the Lord...

It is now for me, 8:32 AM. I will be lifting all of you up today, throughout the day and especially at noon. :pray:

- For God's Glory
- for each other's walk

Thank you, Redeemed. :hug:
Here is my list so far:
Redeemed by Grace, RabbiKnife, givemegrace, RogerW, Whispering Grace

May His Name be magnified, His people strengthened.
Amen.

Redeemed by Grace
Jul 25th 2008, 12:48 PM
It is now for me, 8:32 AM. I will be lifting all of you up today, throughout the day and especially at noon. :pray:

- For God's Glory
- for each other's walk

Thank you, Redeemed. :hug:
Here is my list so far:
Redeemed by Grace, RabbiKnife, givemegrace, RogerW, Whispering Grace

May His Name be magnified, His people strengthened.
Amen.

Plus a few more -> grptinHisHand :) and few others here that I also lift up daily.

For God's glory...

grptinHisHand
Jul 25th 2008, 12:50 PM
Plus a few more -> grptinHisHand :) and few others here that I also lift up daily.

For God's glory...

Amen. Like especially those in Christians Answer forum who are truly seeking to know Him. (And those who may just want to argue, that God will reveal Himself to them.) His Way, His Will, His timing.
:hug:

Whispering Grace
Jul 25th 2008, 01:03 PM
Had a blessed time of prayer with the Lord yesterday. Scott and the kids went to the pool for several hours, so I got to spend a long time alone with the Lord, praying for my dear brothers and sisters. :)

(With 4 kids, I cherish those quiet times!)

Redeemed by Grace
Aug 3rd 2008, 09:17 PM
OK Folks... bringing this back again as a focus for this Friday, August 8th....for those who have, for those who want to, to pray for His glory and for each other....

Not a gimmick, not for emotion, but to humbly seek our Lord with prayer and supplication for each other and that He'd be glorified in all our lives....

For His glory...

ProjectPeter
Aug 4th 2008, 02:55 PM
Count me in. Was in on the last one but didn't see the thread until you bumped this one! Saw where you mentioned to Roger in another thread so I joined in anyway. :lol:

mcgyver
Aug 4th 2008, 02:59 PM
Great idea!

Count me in!!! :)

Whispering Grace
Aug 4th 2008, 04:08 PM
I'm in. :)

grptinHisHand
Aug 4th 2008, 04:23 PM
Please count me in. I will be praying for all of you and will appreciate your prayers for me also. :hug:
g

RogerW
Aug 7th 2008, 03:41 AM
I think this worthy of bumping! Count me in!

RW

Redeemed by Grace
Aug 7th 2008, 07:16 PM
One more bump as a last call for lunch time [or when you can] prayer on Friday

grptinHisHand
Aug 8th 2008, 03:30 PM
One more bump as a last call for lunch time [or when you can] prayer on Friday

Bumping it again. It is almost 11:30 here on the east coast of the United States, so noon is coming soon. However I am already remembering you all in my prayers.

May God bless you each with a special touch of His hand today. May He speak a word of encouragement to you through His Word, and/or through His people. And I pray that He will draw you nearer to Himself, using you to show others His precious love and forgiveness by the way you live.
Amen. :pray: :hug: