PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite Radio or Television ministry?

Ron Brown
Jul 26th 2008, 06:54 AM
My favorite television ministry is Ken Ham's "Answers In Genesis", shown on the NRB network.

What's your's?

dworthington
Jul 26th 2008, 10:17 AM
Chuck Swindoll.........

godsgirl
Jul 26th 2008, 10:59 AM
Chuck Smith, John Hagee, Joyce Meyer, Chip Ingram, Way of The Master, Brian Houstan--lot's of podcasts at work.

valleybldr
Jul 26th 2008, 11:33 AM
Nancy Leigh DeMoss with Revive Our Hearts
http://www.reviveourhearts.com/ (http://www.reviveourhearts.com/)

and

Pastor Paul Sheppard with Enduring Truth
http://www.enduringtruth.org/pages/page.asp?page_id=6780 (http://www.enduringtruth.org/pages/page.asp?page_id=6780)

Lo-Lo
Jul 26th 2008, 01:06 PM
John MacArthur is who I am listening to right now. I also have his study Bible.

mikebr
Jul 27th 2008, 02:52 AM
Mark Rutland, really good stuff.

Gulah Papyrus
Jul 27th 2008, 04:41 AM
James MacDonald
Chuck Smith(Sunday nights live and 'Pastors Perspective')
Brian Broderson
Allistar Begg
J. Vernon McGee
Woodrow Krull

and many nore...

I like listening to Janet Parschal as well and Joyce Meyer would be my 'guilty pleasure'...but don't tell anyone...shhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Kate
Jul 27th 2008, 04:43 AM
Beth Moore is definitely my favorite.

My heart's Desire
Jul 27th 2008, 04:58 AM
At the moment, Les Feldick out of Oklahoma, on Skyangel
My ears usually perk in the truck when I hear Chuck Swindoll on the radio.

matthew94
Jul 27th 2008, 06:00 AM
Steve Gregg of thenarrowpath.com
Ravi Zacharias

Bethany67
Jul 27th 2008, 10:03 AM
Probably the one who has challenged me most to holiness in recent years is John Bevere. Just discovered John MacArthur who is very good, and have appreciated Charles Stanley for a while. Also getting good things from the podcasts of Mark Driscoll from Mars Hill Seattle; found all the freebie stuff on iTunes a few days ago. Over here in the UK, most of what is on the TV channels is Word of Faith, which I steer clear of, and I'm not really a radio person.

Ron Brown
Jul 27th 2008, 10:07 PM
Ravi Zacharias

Ravi is awesome.

SIG
Jul 28th 2008, 12:16 AM
Alistair Begg....

nzyr
Jul 28th 2008, 01:52 AM
Dr. J. Vernon McGee is good. You can listen to his Thru The Bible Radio program right on your computer. Here's the link:

http://www.thruthebible.org/site/c.hvKSLdMYIsG/b.403411/k.826F/Welcome_to_Thru_the_Bible_RadioThe_Bible_Study_Pro gram_Taught_by_Dr_J_Vernon_McGee.htm

Mograce2U
Jul 28th 2008, 02:08 AM
John MacArthur is on the way home, Steve Gregg when I can find him, Hank Hanegraff when he is not doing promos, and of course Dr. Laura!

merjorg
Jul 28th 2008, 07:55 PM
Definitely not trying to hijack the thread, but can someone remind me again...what are some reasons that one would avoid "Word of Faith"? I just recently heard the term...and I'm curious what they might teach that isn't biblically sound.

Ron Brown
Jul 28th 2008, 08:22 PM
Definitely not trying to hijack the thread, but can someone remind me again...what are some reasons that one would avoid "Word of Faith"? I just recently heard the term...and I'm curious what they might teach that isn't biblically sound.

The Word Of Faith movement is the pentecostal movement started based on metaphysical teachings of E.W. Kenyon. The Trinity Broadcasting Network is run by Paul and Jan Crouch, and both are word of faith teachers, as are 90% of all of their guest preachers on Praise The Lord.

E.W. Kenyon studied the metaphysical teachings of Phineas Quimby, called mind science. It's a mixture of mysticism and orthodox Christianity. Kenneth Hagan studied under E.W. Kenyon, and brought the word of faith movement to the prominence it has today through the TBN Network. They believe that words can be used to manipulate the "faith force", and that God himself is subject to the will of a Christian's "faith force." Their theology teaches that God created man in his "literal" physical image, and that God is a man. They teach that before Adam and Eve sinned they had creative power just like God has, and that Adam and Eve could use the "faith force" to create anything they wanted. When Adam sinned the "faith force" was lost, but when Christ rose from the grave, and then sent the Holy Spirit to Earth, the "faith force" has returned, and if you are baptised in the Holy Ghost evidenced by tongues, then you can now use the "faith force" to create your own reality. They say that God can only bless us through the power of our "faith force", and if you are poor, sick, and persecuted Christian, it is because you have a lack of faith, and don't use the "faith force."

This is some messed up stuff, but millions of Christians believe in it, and practice it every day.

merjorg
Jul 28th 2008, 08:45 PM
The Word Of Faith movement is the pentecostal movement started based on metaphysical teachings of E.W. Kenyon. The Trinity Broadcasting Network is run by Paul and Jan Crouch, and both are word of faith teachers, as are 90% of all of their guest preachers on Praise The Lord.

E.W. Kenyon studied the metaphysical teachings of Phineas Quimby, called mind science. It's a mixture of mysticism and orthodox Christianity. Kenneth Hagan studied under E.W. Kenyon, and brought the word of faith movement to the prominence it has today through the TBN Network. They believe that words can be used to manipulate the "faith force", and that God himself is subject to the will of a Christian's "faith force." Their theology teaches that God created man in his "literal" physical image, and that God is a man. They teach that before Adam and Eve sinned they had creative power just like God has, and that Adam and Eve could use the "faith force" to create anything they wanted. When Adam sinned the "faith force" was lost, but when Christ rose from the grave, and then sent the Holy Spirit to Earth, the "faith force" has returned, and if you are baptised in the Holy Ghost evidenced by tongues, then you can now use the "faith force" to create your own reality. They say that God can only bless us through the power of our "faith force", and if you are poor, sick, and persecuted Christian, it is because you have a lack of faith, and don't use the "faith force."

This is some messed up stuff, but millions of Christians believe in it, and practice it every day.

Interesting. Thanks for the info.

keck553
Jul 28th 2008, 08:46 PM
Back to the topic: Ravi Zacharias

Mograce2U
Jul 28th 2008, 09:49 PM
Interesting. Thanks for the info.
a.k.a "eating foods sacrificed to idols"

keck553
Jul 29th 2008, 04:04 PM

Why don't they just cut through the chase and worship Zeus openly?

tt1106
Jul 29th 2008, 04:15 PM
TV.....Maybe TD Jakes.
Radio Way of the MAster.

Favorite Preachers....Paul Washer and John Piper.

Mograce2U
Jul 29th 2008, 04:32 PM
Why don't they just cut through the chase and worship Zeus openly?You mean and call him Zeusus instead?

Sivsew
Jul 29th 2008, 05:39 PM
Joyce Meyer all the way.

Steve M
Jul 29th 2008, 05:45 PM
James MacDonald
Chuck Smith(Sunday nights live and 'Pastors Perspective')
Brian Broderson
Allistar Begg
J. Vernon McGee
Woodrow Krull

and many nore...

I like listening to Janet Parschal as well and Joyce Meyer would be my 'guilty pleasure'...but don't tell anyone...shhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Alistair FTW. My all-time favorite. (although I would happily spend a few hours listening to several folks that all y'all have listed here...)

keck553
Jul 29th 2008, 05:46 PM
You mean and call him Zeusus instead?

Scary. That's too close for comfort..

threebigrocks
Jul 29th 2008, 05:59 PM
This is best suited to the Anything Goes forum, moving it there for continued discussion. My apologies for not having caught it sooner.

AngelAuthor
Jul 29th 2008, 07:24 PM
I like streaming Way of the Master on my computer whenever I get the chance. (Today's episode is downloading right now, in fact). I pretty much don't watch TV and am never in the car long enough to listen to radio preachers.

skc53
Jul 30th 2008, 12:38 AM
I like to watch John Hagee, Joyce Meyer, Jesse Duplantis, and Perry Stone.

Organist
Jul 30th 2008, 02:50 AM
My favorite television ministry is * * *.
What's your's?

In my opinion the oldest broadcast is still the best!

Others have shared names of individual "preachers" who produce their own television or radio program but unfortunately all of those individuals named operate their own "electronic ministry" apart from an organized "congregation" or "church."

At any, rate all of them owe deep gratitude to the Shadyside Presbyterian Church and its visionary pastor, Rev. Dr. Hugh Thomson Kerr, who way back in 1922, saw communicative potential in the infant media of radio and initiated regular weekly broadcasts of the Sunday church service over first commercial radio station, KDKA.

Eight-six (86) years ago, of course, the airwaves were completely uncluttered and consequently on December 25, 1922, from the single radio station in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Dr. Kerr's Christmas Sermon was heard throughout the entire western hemisphere from the North Pole all the way to south to Antarctica. Even today radio station KDKA broadcasts with a 50 kilowatt (or 50,000 watt) signal, which can at be heard across much of the eastern half of North America.

So, every week inside a large stone church building (on National Register of Historic Places) located on the corner of Amberson Avenue and Westminster Place in a historic tree lined neighborhood on the east side of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, the sermon and music (from the church's near professional quality choir) are recorded. Twelve (12) hours later, so as to take advantage of the strength of the station's night time signal, the recording gets played back in a broadcast on KDKA radio (found at 1020 on AM dial) at eleven (11:00 p.m.) o'clock in the eastern United States time zone. Most weeks, assuming no local weather interference, the station can be picked up as far away as the Gulf coast, all the way west to the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, and north into the Canadian provinces.

For any, who miss, or who can't pick up the Shadyside broadcast, recordings are now available on the internet at:
http://www.shadysidepres.org/worship/index.htm (http://www.shadysidepres.org/worship/index.htm)

Senior Pastor of Shadyside Presbyterian Church today is the Rev. Dr. M. Craig Barns. Though many clergy have preached from Shadyside pulpit over the years, the prior pastors whose voices regularly reached out to a scattered and unseen congregation of late Sunday night radio listeners, include:
Rev. Dr. F. Morgan Roberts
Rev. Dr. Robert Cleveland Holland
Rev. Dr. Howard Scharff
Rev. Dr. Hugh Thompson Kerr

smokey the dog
Jul 30th 2008, 07:58 AM
Charles Stanley, Adrian Rodgers, Tony Evans, J. Vernon McGee, Ravi Zacherias.

graceforme
Jul 30th 2008, 11:19 AM
I like to listen to Joyce Meyer, and also study her books quite a bit. I found several of her teaching videos in a thrift shop and get a lot of good word from them. She's a great teacher of encouragement. My husband and I listen to Charles Stanley while we're getting ready for church on Sunday morning. I also like John MacArthur.

I stopped watching or listening to TBN several years ago.

Equipped_4_Love
Oct 2nd 2008, 05:30 AM
and of course Dr. Laura!

I don't care for her one bit.......way too judgemental!!!!!!!!

But in answer to the OP, J Vernon McGee, Chuck Smith, and Damien Kyle

steelerbabe
Oct 3rd 2008, 02:21 AM
Joyce Meyer has had the most profound impact on my life and growth as a christian. I also like Tony Evans and so does my teenage son. Don Piper's books have helped me during some dark periods in my life as well.

Jeanne D
Oct 3rd 2008, 02:41 AM
Two of my favorites are John Hagee and Perry Stone.
I also like Charles Stanley.

Jeanne

Perpetua
Oct 3rd 2008, 05:48 PM
John MacArthur and R.C. Sproul on their radio shows.

amazzin
Oct 3rd 2008, 06:13 PM
You guys won't like what I have to say but it needs to be said. As a pastor, I speak to many other pastors. Most of these pastors are struggling because the people in the church are hearing different voices speak into their lives. These speakers all have different views and doctrines which makes it confusing for the people.

Imagine, if you wish, you are sitting under a pastor for a few years and then all of a sudden you begin to watch a program whose teacher has a different doctrine than your pastors. Let's say the doctrine is eternal security. Each of these voices are on opposite sides. You hear a message on eternal security on TV and then you begin to question and confusion sets in and your pastor is left dealing with it either through corrective teaching or counseling. Go figure!

holyrokker
Oct 4th 2008, 01:33 AM
I don't watch any TV ministries, nor listen to radio ministries.