PDA

View Full Version : "That's not kosher!"

valleybldr
Jul 26th 2008, 05:54 PM
I have heard of Christians/Messianics who do abide by rabbinic standards. Whether it's the church or synagogue, all religious bodies make up their rules, decrees, dogmas, standards etc. It’s not a problem unless it runs contrary to the Word /will of God.

In regards to the painted shofars, I would imagine the paint would render it not kosher because it may not be kosher paint. Interestingly enough, the blue dye used in prayer shawls comes from the gland of a snail. I imagine that’s not kosher but rabbis make up their own rules. Some gelatin, which comes from the pig, is rendered ‘kosher” so I guess you never know what they are going to rule.

In the end, it’s up to each community and/or person to decide who’s rulings they are going to mind.

todd

Jesusinmyheart
Jul 26th 2008, 06:00 PM
I agree, elsewhere i stated that i do not adhere to man made rulings that are not scripturally supported.
Though some here would beg to differ as i believe in the usefulness of the law of Moses and it's teaching as a deeper understanding towards the Ten commandments. I believe the "Law of Moses" was written to give a stubborn and stiffnecked people a deeper understanding of the Ten commandments, so that perhaps they would grasp the law and nature of God, and accept the Holy Spirit.

Shalom,
Tanja

keck553
Jul 29th 2008, 10:37 PM
Agreed. My deli is biblically kosher, not rabbinically kosher. Yikes.

But then again, if a brother thinks he would sin by drinking Coca-Cola on Peseach, I'm not going to throw a log in his path.

mcgyver
Jul 29th 2008, 10:47 PM
With all the threads concerning the Mitzvah lately....

I'm so glad that I'm a gentile under grace and not a Jew under the law...:P :)

amazzin
Jul 29th 2008, 10:49 PM
With all the threads concerning the Mitzvah lately....

I'm so glad that I'm a gentile under grace and not a Jew under the law...:P :)

Ditto-Ditto a million times over

keck553
Jul 29th 2008, 10:58 PM
I'm so happy for you two that your faith in Jesus makes you more favored by God than my faith in Jesus, and that a Torah-observant Jew was nailed to a tree so you could openly denigrate His countrymen or thise who conform to His image.

Under His Grace, of course.

So that while salvation is our free gift, and we can be assured in the promise of eteral life with God, let us now sacrifice upon the alter the world’s ways, our self-centered ways, so that we may enter the Holy of Holies and enjoy the fullness of a loving relationship with our Creator here and now, unfettered and freed from the stumbling blocks of the world’s ways. How much greater it is to stand in the presence of the Lord Himself than linger in His courtyard, refusing to surrender our worldy ways.

May God bless you richly

mcgyver
Jul 29th 2008, 11:25 PM
I'm so happy for you two that a Torah-observant Jew was nailed to a tree so you could openly denigrate His countrymen.

So that while salvation is our free gift, and we can be assured in the promise of eteral life with God, let us now sacrifice upon the alter the world’s ways, our self-centered ways, so that we may enter the Holy of Holies and enjoy the fullness of a loving relationship with our Creator here and now, unfettered and freed from the stumbling blocks of the world’s ways. How much greater it is to stand in the presence of the Lord Himself than linger in His courtyard, refusing to surrender our worldy ways.

May God bless you richly

(GROAN.....:rolleyes:)

Man, get a grip...:lol:

Isn't any way, shape, or form I could keep the law perfectly...and you know what?

I'm giddy, happy, joyous, and glad that our righteousness as Christians is that which is imputed by HIM...that we no longer have to strive to be acceptable to God by the perfect keeping of the law!!!

If a simple observation of that fact is "denigration" in your book...then I don't know what to say. :confused

Mograce2U
Jul 29th 2008, 11:29 PM
I'm so happy for you two that a Torah-observant Jew was nailed to a tree so you could openly denigrate His countrymen.And I am sure you mean that you are glad that Jesus, the ONLY Torah-observant Jew Israel ever produced, was able to accomplish this for us, despite the fact that His countrymen thought they could kill Him even tho there was NO CAUSE for them to do so. Respect for Torah observance would seem to be a sham, if those are the men who are to be our example. Whereas Jesus' brethren have no racial distinction, nor is Torah observance even a requirement to have that status. Now I for one am glad for that!

threebigrocks
Jul 29th 2008, 11:42 PM
I'm so happy for you two that a Torah-observant Jew was nailed to a tree so you could openly denigrate His countrymen.

May God bless you richly

Well, it seems that you are lingering in the courtyard, as only the high priests can enter the temple and offer sacrafice. Over and over and over and over God stated, in the OT, that it was NOT sacrafice, offerings, blood, feasts, festivals and sabbaths that He wants from us. He wants our heart, through faith. God himself said he was tired of them, weary of it all.

Putting ourselves under the law is a stumbling block. We ought to stand in the presence of the Lord rather than linger in the courtyard as unworthy of approaching Him. Surrending to worldly ways was proven, where there is no one right way when it comes to Levitical law. If any way will do, will no way also do? There is one way, and He is the Christ.

keck553
Jul 29th 2008, 11:43 PM
Thanks for the salvation message.

OK, how about this:

Jesus set me free so I can disobey Him.

happy?

I Praise God you're not the judge of me. :)

threebigrocks
Jul 29th 2008, 11:45 PM
OK, how about this:

Jesus set me free so I can disobey Him.

happy?

I Praise God you're not the judge of me. :)

Christ set us free so that we could be without the yoke of the law and instead live under grace. And, the smiley face doesn't hide the disrespect.

keck553
Jul 29th 2008, 11:48 PM
And I am sure you mean that you are glad that Jesus, the ONLY Torah-observant Jew Israel ever produced,

Produced? You mean He didn't exist at one time?

How about this Torah observent Jew?

Luk 1:5 In the days of Herod, king of Judea, there was a priest named Zacharias, of the division of Abijah; and he had a wife from the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elizabeth.
Luk 1:6 They were both righteous in the sight of God, walking blamelessly in all the commandments and requirements of the Lord.

Care to enlighten me on what command they broke?

keck553
Jul 29th 2008, 11:50 PM
Christ set us free so that we could be without the yoke of the law and instead live under grace. And, the smiley face doesn't hide the disrespect.

Disrespect? How? I'm as free from the yoke as you are. So why are you being legalistic? I'm free in Christ to worship God anyway He has me do it. I prefer to do it HIS way.

Do you think God decided to pour out His grace just 2000 years ago? You don't think God had an equal portion of grace before then? You don't think God's grace saved Abraham, David and countless others who had faith in HIm and trusted Him? Or do you think He reseerved all his grace and mercy for pagans who came to the faith?

Oh by the way, honestly, I am not being defensive. I have always praised God for being on the receiving end of human wrath.

May God bless you richly.

mcgyver
Jul 29th 2008, 11:51 PM
I'm so happy for you two that your faith in Jesus makes you more favored by God than my faith in Jesus, and that a Torah-observant Jew was nailed to a tree so you could openly denigrate His countrymen or thise who conform to His image.

May God bless you richly

Edited your post I see.....;)

keck553
Jul 29th 2008, 11:56 PM
What of it? I edit my posts all the time. Is there some law that says I can't edit my posts? Are you the forum police?

(oh by the way, I editied this post).

God bless you and have an awesome evening!

mcgyver
Jul 29th 2008, 11:59 PM
What of it? I edit my posts all the time. Is there some law that I can't edit my posts? Are you the forum police?

Only that now instead of a general statement...it is now directed at Amazzin and myself...

Thanks for that :)

I really hadn't realized that I was better than anyone else, nor more acceptable...appreciate the compliment :lol::lol::lol:

keck553
Jul 30th 2008, 12:03 AM
It's no problem.at all, We are one in Christ, equal before Him.
hang in there, revelation is always just around the corner!!

Take care!

mcgyver
Jul 30th 2008, 12:10 AM
It's no problem.at all, We are one in Christ, equal before Him.
hang in there, revelation is always just around the corner!!

Take care!

Look, I don't know how I "tripped your trigger"...and I assure you I didn't mean to do so, OK?

If I offended you it was absolutely unintentional, and will here and now publicly ask for your forgiveness for both that and my sarcastic replies....

You're my brother in Christ...Can we call this one square? :hug:

threebigrocks
Jul 30th 2008, 12:23 AM
That's about enough here. Anyone have any questions, ask in Chat to Mods.