PDA

View Full Version : Who will win the BCS championship game in January 2009?

BadDog
Aug 1st 2008, 07:54 PM
We'll have to bring this poll up again, after the big game. C'mon. Don't tell me it's too early for this. College FB is right around the corner!

Georgia
Southern Cal
LSU
Ohio State
Florida
Oklahoma
Texas
Arizona State
Tennessee
Kansas
Clemson
Texas Tech (look out for them)
Auburn
Missouri
West Virginia
Virginia Tech
Michigan
Miami
Florida State
Notre dame (Hey, why not?)
Cal
Alabama
Penn State (Hey, why not?)
Wisconsin
Boston College

25 teams. If your team's not there, let's face it... they ain't gonna be in the BCS championship game!

BD

Ninna
Aug 1st 2008, 08:04 PM
Oklahoma!!:pp

(Okay, I have been in too many polls today):lol:

BadDog
Aug 1st 2008, 08:10 PM
Hey, not necessarily any particular order... after the first 5 or so.

Southern Cal has it easy through the Pac-10 this year, after the tough ride last year - last year was the strongest that conference's been in several years. (#2 behind the perennial SEC) So they might even lose to Ohio State early with a new O-line and QB and all. (Sept. 13th, I think - 2nd game.) But don't count on that. Peter Carroll is the best college coach around, and he's great in preparing for bowl games. Most they've lost by in past 6 years is 7 points - once. And their defense this year will probably be the best he's had there.

So then, easier ride through the Pac-10. Only one tough game out of conference (O State, and perhaps Notre dame will be better this year). They'll start out ranked high (1 - 3) in coach's and AP polls so even if they lose to O State they could recover for the BCS championship.

Uh, don't be too surprised if the BCS championship this year is a replay of USC - Ohio State. Ugh! But both will have it easier once they get past that game. Only one loss could put both back in the BCS title game. And Ohio State has some great players, so it should not be surprising if they get there.

Oh, yes LSU, Georgia or Florida may be better teams for the championship, but they'll all lose 2 games in the tough SEC. So, no SEC team in the Orange Bowl BCS championship this year. Anyone ready for a real playoff system?

OK, so what do you guys think? Give me who you think will be in the championship game, who will win it all and why.

BD

BadDog
Aug 1st 2008, 08:11 PM
Oklahoma!!:pp

(Okay, I have been in too many polls today):lol:Uh, and I've made far too many!

OK, why do you pick OK? Why do you think they'll be ranked higher than USC or Ohio State? Just curious.

But I can definitely see OK making a run for it. And they've had good recruiting lately.

BD

Ninna
Aug 1st 2008, 09:00 PM
Uh, and I've made far too many!

OK, why do you pick OK? Why do you think they'll be ranked higher than USC or Ohio State? Just curious.

But I can definitely see OK making a run for it. And they've had good recruiting lately.

BD

Is "just because" an adequate answer? I always like OU and felt that after last season they would be contenders this year.

BadDog
Aug 1st 2008, 09:33 PM
That's "OK." :P. OK will be in the mix.

BadDog
Aug 4th 2008, 03:12 AM
No LSU, Florida or Ohio State fans?

BD

Ninna
Jan 8th 2009, 01:13 PM
BUMP

Thought I would bring this one up again since the big game is tonight. Go OU!!!!!

grit
Jan 8th 2009, 01:31 PM
um..... Utah. :)