PDA

View Full Version : How do you like your dogs?

BadDog
Aug 3rd 2008, 07:17 PM
Mustard?
Catsup?
Sauerkraut?
I NEVER eat hotdogs!!! That's a filthy habit.
other?

BTW, just in case you wanted the official answer: a hotdog without mustard is simply not a hotdog.

BD

BadDog
Aug 3rd 2008, 07:50 PM
Someone from my family must have logged on and voted! :rofl: They all prefer catsup on their dogs! What's the world coming to?! :P

BD

Sherrie
Aug 3rd 2008, 09:32 PM
mustard! But love Chili and onion and cheese and mustard! Sometimes BBQ sauce.

BadDog
Aug 4th 2008, 12:02 AM
mustard! But love Chili and onion and cheese and mustard! Sometimes BBQ sauce.Ahhh, yes agree about the chili and cheese... not so sure about the onions. BBQ sauce is OK... if you're out of mustard. Should have thought about the chili option though. Sorry.

th1bill
Aug 4th 2008, 12:08 AM
Mustard, chili, cheese, and heavy on the onion.

BadDog
Aug 4th 2008, 12:09 AM
OK, you people who like it some other way... tell us about it. Promise I won't give you a hard time about not using mustard. (Even though it's really not a hot dog without , ya know.) :P

BD

BadDog
Aug 4th 2008, 12:10 AM
Mustard, chili, cheese, and heavy on the onion.Never tried the mustard with the chili... hmmm. Gonna have to try it.

Sherrie
Aug 4th 2008, 12:10 AM
Mustard, chili, cheese, and heavy on the onion.

Oh Bill! You sure know how to talk! :P;)

Slug1
Aug 4th 2008, 12:49 AM
I deep fry my Nathans dogs and like sauerkraut, relish, cheese, and mustard. At a minimum I like relish and mustard.

calidog
Aug 4th 2008, 01:05 AM
Under 25 pounds and furry.

actually mustard, catsup, and onions will do

moonglow
Aug 4th 2008, 01:45 AM
What you bored here lately BadDog? Usually you do indepth bible study type of post...taking a break? On vacation?

I avoid eating cooked hotdogs at all cost! Unless I am someplace where nothing else is served which happens far too often...:rolleyes: (two or three times a year)..

Those kind of hotdogs make me feel like I have a brick in my stomach afterwards...barf....

I do however eat cold uncooked hot dogs in the middle of the night when my blood sugar is low to get it up...yes I know I am strange...what can I say? I haven't found another snack to get my blood sugar up so I can go back to sleep that didn't require alot of water! which then leads to alot of trips to the bathroom instead of sleeping! ugh. My dog, Buster gets up with me and shares the dog too...:lol:

God bless

BadDog
Aug 4th 2008, 03:03 AM
I deep fry my Nathans dogs and like sauerkraut, relish, cheese, and mustard. At a minimum I like relish and mustard.Sounds so good! (Except the sauerkraut) Never deep-fried a dog before... and Nathan brand - what's so special about it?

moonglow,

School is starting this week, so I won't be able to do the deep stuff anymore. Can't really do it at all during the school year.

This doesn't take as long.

BD

holyrokker
Aug 4th 2008, 03:47 AM
mustard and chili

Slug1
Aug 4th 2008, 10:19 AM
Sounds so good! (Except the sauerkraut) Never deep-fried a dog before... and Nathan brand - what's so special about it?
Nathans (preferred) and Sorbets are the only hotdogs that can handle deepfrying. Other brands don't fare to well :lol:

Redneck Charger
Aug 4th 2008, 12:06 PM
I don't really like dogs boiled in water, but do enjoy them barbequed or steamed, and I like mustard and onions on them...:bounce:

Redneck Charger
Aug 4th 2008, 12:08 PM
I deep fry my Nathans dogs and like sauerkraut, relish, cheese, and mustard. At a minimum I like relish and mustard.

Do you deep fry the hotdog alone.. or do you batter it and then call it a pogo.. if you df the hog dog.. for how long?:bounce:

Slug1
Aug 4th 2008, 12:21 PM
Do you deep fry the hotdog alone.. or do you batter it and then call it a pogo.. if you df the hog dog.. for how long?:bounce:The easiest way so I don't waste to much oil is to just put about a 1/4 inch in a pan that fits the dogs and do 1/4 turns as they cook. Once all the skin is a deep brown I take them out, put on all the fixins' in a bun and eat them :lol:

Sometimes I'll shake in garlic powder as they are cooking but no batter.

lbeaty1981
Aug 4th 2008, 01:22 PM
My favorite way is to cover the whole thing with chili, cheese and plenty of onions. At minimum, though, they gotta have some ketchup on 'em. :D

HisLeast
Aug 4th 2008, 02:14 PM
Catsup?

Here in Chicago that kinda talk will get you lynched.

BadDog
Aug 4th 2008, 06:34 PM
The easiest way so I don't waste to much oil is to just put about a 1/4 inch in a pan that fits the dogs and do 1/4 turns as they cook. Once all the skin is a deep brown I take them out, put on all the fixins' in a bun and eat them :lol:

Sometimes I'll shake in garlic powder as they are cooking but no batter.Gonna try it now. :P

Slug1
Aug 4th 2008, 06:44 PM
Gonna try it now. :PBeware as this method of cooking a dog will destroy all but quality dogs :rofl:

BadDog
Aug 4th 2008, 06:54 PM
Beware as this method of cooking a dog will destroy all but quality dogs :rofl:In what way? (Mine are not "quality" - I use them to get the dog to take his medicine.)

BD

Slug1
Aug 4th 2008, 07:03 PM
In what way? (Mine are not "quality" - I use them to get the dog to take his medicine.)

BDMost burn in the hot oil before fully heated all the way through. Also... if the dog is frozen still... not good... that's really bad... hilarious thinking back about it after the burns heal though :rolleyes:

BadDog
Aug 4th 2008, 07:11 PM
OK, just deep-fried one. Great! I always refused to just heat them up in water, but grilled them. But I gotta say that I really liked the DF dog. And yeah, it was a bit burned, but good still. Besides, you can always heat them up further in the microwave.

Thx Slug1, for the tip.

BD

Slug1
Aug 4th 2008, 07:14 PM
OK, just deep-fried one. Great! I always refused to just heat them up in water, but grilled them. But I gotta say that I really liked the DF dog. And yeah, it was a bit burned, but good still. Besides, you can always heat them up further in the microwave.

Thx Slug1, for the tip.

BDWait till you try it with a Nathans dog :pp

BadDog
Aug 4th 2008, 07:21 PM
Wait till you try it with a Nathans dog :ppOK, dog, can't have any of them Nathan dogs! They're for BadDog.

BD

moonglow
Aug 5th 2008, 03:12 AM
Sounds so good! (Except the sauerkraut) Never deep-fried a dog before... and Nathan brand - what's so special about it?

moonglow,

School is starting this week, so I won't be able to do the deep stuff anymore. Can't really do it at all during the school year.

This doesn't take as long.

BD

You are going to school? or teaching?

BadDog
Aug 5th 2008, 03:47 PM
You are going to school? or teaching?

Teaching, though I will also be taking a class this fall.

BD