PDA

View Full Version : A new tract I am working on

the truth
Aug 4th 2008, 04:17 AM
This is a tract I am working on. It is the size of a business card. I was blessed to have a guy design it for free. I am planning on purchasing quite a bit. I would also like to start a website to put on the card where people can go for more info. Let me know what you think. God bless. :)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3025/2716188216_9cd2caaa97_o.jpg
Where will you be? The Bible says "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:" (Hebrews 9:27) Are you ready for that day? Would you consider yourself a good person? Good enough for heaven? Have you ever lied, stolen, or used God's name in vain? If so, you are a liar, a thief, and a blasphemer, and you have to face God on judgment day. Will you be innocent or guilty? The Bible says "There is none righteous, no, not one:" (Rom. 3:10) You know you will be guilty and end up in hell. That's not God's will. Two thousand years ago Jesus Christ took your punishment when He died on the cross. Three days later He defeated death when He rose again. What will you do with Jesus? Will you repent and trust Him alone to save you, or will you continue your own way trying desperately to earn your own way to heaven? "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." (Eph 2:8,9) No amount of good works will pay for your sin. Call upon Christ today. "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." (Rom 10:13)

Sketch
Aug 4th 2008, 04:36 AM
Thats good and all, but I enjoy talking to people about it more than I do leaving them a peice of paper to look at.

It's also bonus points if you can LIVE it so that they can see the light of Christ shining off of you.

+10 for the kingdom.

joztok
Aug 4th 2008, 03:33 PM
Interesting approach. It's very Ray Comfort and condemning. Very law driven.
My advice to you is to try spreading the good news through the love and power of the Holy Spirit. It's much more edifying, privileged, beautiful, wonderful and effective.

God gave us each other to share life with.
Why let a piece of paper get in the way?

One effective way I have found is to talk about peoples spiritual condition and how they feel about their life and where it is heading. Usually they are all cheerful to begin with and then bring to light that they are depressed individuals, caught up with emotion, not loved and feel rejected because they are not good enough in life. Why use the letter of the law to condemn them further? Show them Christ's Holy Spirit by being passionate and loving.

ServantofTruth
Aug 4th 2008, 03:55 PM
the truth - I admire you so much for trying so hard. I give out tracts and it was so hard to find any to buy, even on line in the UK. I eventually found one church/ site. I took a gamble on an unknown and it has been blessed.

The only thing i would say is what is your target person? Obviously unbelievers! But people are so different, young/ old, male/ famale, cool/ rather boring. Do you feel one tract to all people will work?

Lastly, i'm sure you know this, but you need prayer support before, during and on completion of this work for our Lord. I will be praying for you. Don't lean too much on your own thinking - allow the Holy Spirit to guide you and also 'speak' to the hearts and minds of those you reach out to.

It is just lovely to read your post/ topic and i look forward to hearing more! :pp

BIG SofTy Soft outside, bible core. :)

RogerW
Aug 4th 2008, 04:20 PM
This is a tract I am working on. It is the size of a business card. I was blessed to have a guy design it for free. I am planning on purchasing quite a bit. I would also like to start a website to put on the card where people can go for more info. Let me know what you think. God bless. :)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3025/2716188216_9cd2caaa97_o.jpg
Where will you be? The Bible says "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:" (Hebrews 9:27) Are you ready for that day? Would you consider yourself a good person? Good enough for heaven? Have you ever lied, stolen, or used God's name in vain? If so, you are a liar, a thief, and a blasphemer, and you have to face God on judgment day. Will you be innocent or guilty? The Bible says "There is none righteous, no, not one:" (Rom. 3:10) You know you will be guilty and end up in hell. That's not God's will. Two thousand years ago Jesus Christ took your punishment when He died on the cross. Three days later He defeated death when He rose again. What will you do with Jesus? Will you repent and trust Him alone to save you, or will you continue your own way trying desperately to earn your own way to heaven? "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." (Eph 2:8,9) No amount of good works will pay for your sin. Call upon Christ today. "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." (Rom 10:13)

A loving endeavor...but You quote Eph 2 showing that salvation is the gift of God and not of works, then you say no amount of good works will pay for your sin. But then you tell the unbeliever to call upon Christ today! Is that not a good work unto salvation? You must tell them how they might call upon the name of the Lord. The Bible does indeed say there are none righteous, and also that there are none that understand, and none that seek God. So how do lost unsaved sinners call upon Christ for salvation?

Even though you are showing loving concern for the unsaved, you are not showing them the way of salvation. Salvation is of the Lord! Faith (believing and repentance) comes by hearing, hearing by the Word of God. The way of salvation is through the preaching of the cross, the gospel of salvation.

Ro 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

1Co 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
1Co 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Ro 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
Ro 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

Ro 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
Eph 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Many Blessings,
RW

Esperanza32
Aug 5th 2008, 07:28 AM
I don't want to nitpick...but, I don't get the graphics. In 100 years I'll be....on the Iberian Peninsula? And you're not really talking about where we'll be in 100 years, but where we'll be on judgement day, which could be tomorrow or could be in 5000 years.

Although the phrase "judgement day" does not usually mean much to unbelievers.

I applaud you for working on this and having a heart for unbelievers! As another poster said, you may want to figure out who exactly your "target audience" is, and how best to reach them. Keep praying for God to guide you.

the truth
Sep 1st 2008, 09:36 PM
Well here is the website that will be going on the back of the tract www.afterdeathwhat.com Please pray that God will use both the tract and website greatly. God bless. :)

the truth
Sep 1st 2008, 09:41 PM
the truth - I admire you so much for trying so hard. I give out tracts and it was so hard to find any to buy, even on line in the UK. I eventually found one church/ site. I took a gamble on an unknown and it has been blessed.

The only thing i would say is what is your target person? Obviously unbelievers! But people are so different, young/ old, male/ famale, cool/ rather boring. Do you feel one tract to all people will work?

Lastly, i'm sure you know this, but you need prayer support before, during and on completion of this work for our Lord. I will be praying for you. Don't lean too much on your own thinking - allow the Holy Spirit to guide you and also 'speak' to the hearts and minds of those you reach out to.

It is just lovely to read your post/ topic and i look forward to hearing more! :pp

BIG SofTy Soft outside, bible core. :)

If all goes well this will just be the first of many tracts. I am currently working on one geared towards parents. Yes I do know I need prayer support and I appreciate yours.

the truth
Sep 15th 2008, 10:16 PM
Well the tract has been sent to the printers it should be done in a week or so. If anyone is interested in obtaining some please send an e-mail to afterdeathwhat@gmail.com Let me know how many you can use and where to send them. God bless. :)

zombieCat
Sep 19th 2008, 01:52 AM
Well, since you asked...in over 20 years of being a Christian, I know of no one--and I don't know anyone that knows anyone--who has had a tract influence them to follow Jesus. If your goal is to get people into a relationship, handing out pieces of paper has a most dismal track record--it's impersonal and people generally view it as contrived. Might I suggest you put your time, effort and money into something that is a bit more effective?

the truth
Oct 2nd 2008, 02:48 AM
I just wanted to let everyone know that the tracts have arrived. Again for those interested in ordering some I have set up a new e-mail afterdeathwhat@gmail.com Please send an order of how many you can prayerfully use if you would like to receive some. Please remember us often in your prayers. Pray that the tract would speak to hearts and convict of sin. Pray for the website www.afterdeathwhat.com That it will be viewed by many and have an eternal impact. Please also pray for those who will be distributing the tracts. And finally for finances. I did not make this tract to start a business but a ministry. Lord willing I will never require money for the tracts. After this batch is gone I want to get the same tract done but in a little bigger size. Thank you for your prayers. God bless. :)

*Hope*
Oct 2nd 2008, 03:05 AM
Why do I get the feeling this was more of a marketing/advertising ploy than a sincere request for input?

the truth
Oct 2nd 2008, 03:48 AM
Well number one if I was selling the tracts which I am not then you would have a vaild point. Number two when I first posted this on a buch of website I was just looking for input on a tract I was working for me to personally use. It just took off from there. Many people expressed interest in buying some. Like I said I am not selling them so I decided to turn it into a new ministry. Which led me to have a new website created etc. God bless. :)

ServantofTruth
Oct 2nd 2008, 04:23 PM
If you were selling them and they were good, as cheap as mine - i'd think about buying them and supporting you. I am glad to give my money to the people at www.birminghamgospeloutreach.co.uk (http://www.birminghamgospeloutreach.co.uk) . I've never met them, they are up north in the UK where i am, only ever searched and found their web site.

Yesterday i recieved 10,000 new tracts from them. 3,000 for christmas, 3,000 for next Easter, 1,000 I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here, 1,000 Who wants to be a Millionaire, 1,000 the National Lottery, 1,000 the News.

My point is designing and producing/ printing tracts costs money. While it is possible someone might do it for profit, i find it unlikely. If there is a small profit, i hope it either helps support the families of those working on the tracts or is reinvested to produce new ones.

the truth - if you do start selling them, good for you. As long as your concience is clear before our Lord Jesus Christ - Go for it! SofTy.