PDA

View Full Version : Lemonade or Iced Tea?

God's Leading Lady
Aug 6th 2008, 10:35 PM
When it gets hot out there during those summer months, what is the only beverage that can truly quench your thirst, lol? ;) I know the title of this thread is "iced tea and lemonade", but I've also added to the poll selection water, soda, and Kool-aid. Just want to "cover all my bases"... Don't want to leave anybody out, lol.::winks::

God's Leading Lady
Aug 6th 2008, 11:00 PM
Mmmmmmm... I see I'm not the only lover of iced tea on the board, lol. Iced tea - 3; everything else, ZIP, lol. :lol:

BadDog
Aug 7th 2008, 02:25 AM
It was reall rough between lemonade and Sweet Tea... really feel that ST is more refreshing, but really good L is great.

BD

skc53
Aug 7th 2008, 03:33 AM
I voted for iced tea, and lemonade is my 2nd choice. I don't drink soda's anymore. I lost 12 pounds after I stopped drinking soda's. I drink iced tea, water or lemonade in the hot summer months.

Bethany67
Aug 7th 2008, 04:41 AM
Last time I was over in the US, we had iced tea in North Carolina. It was utterly vile stuff, so we shared the English art of making real tea ;)

Sherrie
Aug 7th 2008, 04:51 AM
Iced Sweet tea. Lots of Ice and a twist of a lemon.

Ninna
Aug 7th 2008, 11:56 AM
Water is my first choice....sweet iced tea is second (what can I say, I'm an Okie - it's the state drink!:lol:)

BadDog
Aug 7th 2008, 01:03 PM
I voted for iced tea, and lemonade is my 2nd choice. I don't drink soda's anymore. I lost 12 pounds after I stopped drinking soda's. I drink iced tea, water or lemonade in the hot summer months.The bubbles "blow you up?" :rofl:

BD

BadDog
Aug 7th 2008, 01:05 PM
One of my students last year said she went to SoCal over the summer and ordered "sweet tea" in a restaurant... they didn't know what she meant! She reacted, what do you mean?! "Sweet tea! You all do have sweet tea here."

Course, the way she says "sweet tea" its sounds like one word. :P

BD

TRL1957
Aug 9th 2008, 06:25 PM
Nothing quenches my thirst like water...in any season. Iced tea with lemon and a little sugar, is my next choice.

Ayala
Aug 9th 2008, 06:40 PM
Iced tea FTW. :P

lbeaty1981
Aug 11th 2008, 12:49 PM
Iced tea for me too. I really don't drink cokes anymore, a bit too much sugar in there for my taste. I tend to stick with either iced tea or coffee when I need a caffeine fix. :D

Sherrie
Aug 14th 2008, 04:32 AM
One of my students last year said she went to SoCal over the summer and ordered "sweet tea" in a restaurant... they didn't know what she meant! She reacted, what do you mean?! "Sweet tea! You all do have sweet tea here."

Course, the way she says "sweet tea" its sounds like one word. :P

BD

:lol: Sweet tea [sweet-tee] Oh yes. And then after several cool and refreshing glasses, you begin to get your caffine-sugar spurts......

sweet-tee poleeeese! (meaning: as if someone had to even ask!)

CoffeeCat
Aug 14th 2008, 12:00 PM
You Americans are funny. :lol: When you order an iced tea here, you DON'T specify "sweet"... you assume that there will indeed be sugar in it, and lots of that, probably. (Diet iced tea comes with artificial sweetner; it's popular with diabetics) What you can order is whether or not it's got lemon in it. I LOVE lemon, but I'm mildly allergic to anything citrus, so.... sigh... I only have it every now and then. *grin*

Oh, and I totally voted for iced tea. I LOVE THAT STUFF.

cdo
Aug 15th 2008, 04:35 PM
This is kind of hard for me to only answer one. I like each one.
soda is my favorite really......sweet-tea whoever makes it or my own.
I'm not a big drinker of water,but prefer bottled.I enjoy fresh squeezed lemon-aid.I like my coffee whatever season it is.
I guess to sum it all up .......coffee/mornings......soda's /during the day with sweet-tea in between...lemon-aid when fresh and almost all the time sweet-tea 'eating out'
Wow, it's really not hard to keep up with.
That's my refreshments and I'm sticking to it !!!!!:lol:
I'll vote soda.....