PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Sacrifices during the Millenium

poochie
Aug 11th 2008, 10:27 PM
Someone told me that somewhere in Ezekiel does it contain a passage indicating that during the 1,000 year reign of Christ on the earth there will be sacrifices made in the Millennium temple. I was unable to find the passage, however this man is a scholar and knows his Bible. What do you say?

markedward
Aug 12th 2008, 01:02 AM
A thread discussing a similar topic to your question is in the End-Times Chat. Try reading through what's been posted there so far, and see if anything answers your question.

http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php?t=135040

Literalist-Luke
Aug 12th 2008, 03:30 PM
Ezekiel 40:38 – “A room with a doorway was by the portico in each of the inner gateways, where the burnt offerings were washed.”

Ezekiel 40:41 – “So there were four tables on one side of the gateway and four on the other—eight tables in all—on which the sacrifices were slaughtered.”

Ezekiel 40:42 – “There were also four tables of dressed stone for the burnt offerings, each a cubit and a half long, a cubit and a half wide and a cubit high. On them were placed the utensils for slaughtering the burnt offerings and the other sacrifices.”

Ezekiel 43:24 – “You are to offer them before the LORD, and the priests are to sprinkle salt on them and sacrifice them as a burnt offering to the LORD.”

Ezekiel 44:11 – “They may serve in my sanctuary, having charge of the gates of the temple and serving in it; they may slaughter the burnt offerings and sacrifices for the people and stand before the people and serve them.”

Ezekiel 44:15 – “ ‘But the Levitical priests, who are descendants of Zadok and who guarded my sanctuary when the Israelites went astray from me, are to come near to minister before me; they are to stand before me to offer sacrifices of fat and blood,’ declares the Sovereign LORD.”

Ezekiel 46:2 – “The prince is to enter from the outside through the portico of the gateway and stand by the gatepost. The priests are to sacrifice his burnt offering and his fellowship offerings. He is to bow down in worship at the threshold of the gateway and then go out, but the gate will not be shut until evening.”

Ezekiel 46:24 – “He said to me, "These are the kitchens where those who minister at the temple are to cook the sacrifices of the people.”

poochie
Aug 12th 2008, 04:23 PM
Thanks. So there will be sacrifices during the Millennial reign of Christ.

Ezekiel 40:38 – “A room with a doorway was by the portico in each of the inner gateways, where the burnt offerings were washed.”

Ezekiel 40:41 – “So there were four tables on one side of the gateway and four on the other—eight tables in all—on which the sacrifices were slaughtered.”

Ezekiel 40:42 – “There were also four tables of dressed stone for the burnt offerings, each a cubit and a half long, a cubit and a half wide and a cubit high. On them were placed the utensils for slaughtering the burnt offerings and the other sacrifices.”

Ezekiel 43:24 – “You are to offer them before the LORD, and the priests are to sprinkle salt on them and sacrifice them as a burnt offering to the LORD.”

Ezekiel 44:11 – “They may serve in my sanctuary, having charge of the gates of the temple and serving in it; they may slaughter the burnt offerings and sacrifices for the people and stand before the people and serve them.”

Ezekiel 44:15 – “ ‘But the Levitical priests, who are descendants of Zadok and who guarded my sanctuary when the Israelites went astray from me, are to come near to minister before me; they are to stand before me to offer sacrifices of fat and blood,’ declares the Sovereign LORD.”

Ezekiel 46:2 – “The prince is to enter from the outside through the portico of the gateway and stand by the gatepost. The priests are to sacrifice his burnt offering and his fellowship offerings. He is to bow down in worship at the threshold of the gateway and then go out, but the gate will not be shut until evening.”

Ezekiel 46:24 – “He said to me, "These are the kitchens where those who minister at the temple are to cook the sacrifices of the people.”

RabbiKnife
Aug 12th 2008, 04:25 PM
If true, then the Bible is a lie and the blood of Jesus is no different than the blood of bulls and goats.

dan p
Aug 12th 2008, 11:51 PM
Under the Millenniunal system of the New Covenant , the priests will offer 6 great offerings., like was done under the Mosic Covenant. How ever the reason for these offerings is different. Their purpose will be MEMORIAL in character . The will look BACK to the cross and what that cross accomplished , salvation for all who believe.

During the Old Testament , the sacrifices looked forward to the cross , but in the Millennium they will be reminding all of us , of him who died for Isreal, and who paid the redemption for all of creation. The 6 offering are ;

1) the burnt offering Ezek 40:39 ; 43:24 ; 43:7 ; 44:9-15

2) the sin offering Ezek 40:39 ; 43:19 -22,25

3) the trespass offering 40:39 ; 46:20

4) the peace offering 43:27 ; 46:2

5) the meal offering 44:29 ; 46:5

6) the drink offering 45:17

All of these sacrifices point to Jesus , the Lamb of God wfo took away the sin of the world . John 1:29.

John146
Aug 13th 2008, 07:12 PM
Under the Millenniunal system of the New Covenant , the priests will offer 6 great offerings., like was done under the Mosic Covenant. How ever the reason for these offerings is different. Their purpose will be MEMORIAL in character . The will look BACK to the cross and what that cross accomplished , salvation for all who believe.

During the Old Testament , the sacrifices looked forward to the cross , but in the Millennium they will be reminding all of us , of him who died for Isreal, and who paid the redemption for all of creation. The 6 offering are ;

1) the burnt offering Ezek 40:39 ; 43:24 ; 43:7 ; 44:9-15

2) the sin offering Ezek 40:39 ; 43:19 -22,25

3) the trespass offering 40:39 ; 46:20

4) the peace offering 43:27 ; 46:2

5) the meal offering 44:29 ; 46:5

6) the drink offering 45:17

All of these sacrifices point to Jesus , the Lamb of God wfo took away the sin of the world . John 1:29.None of those verses say anything about those offerings being performed in memorial of what Christ accomplished on the cross. There will never be any future sin offerings that God would find acceptable. Christ made the once and for all sin offering already.

Here is what Ezekiel itself says would be the purpose of the sin offerings:

Ezekiel 45
17And it shall be the prince's part to give burnt offerings, and meat offerings, and drink offerings, in the feasts, and in the new moons, and in the sabbaths, in all solemnities of the house of Israel: he shall prepare the sin offering, and the meat offering, and the burnt offering, and the peace offerings, to make reconciliation for the house of Israel.

Ezekiel 46
20Then said he unto me, This is the place where the priests shall boil the trespass offering and the sin offering, where they shall bake the meat offering; that they bear them not out into the utter court, to sanctify the people.

Did Christ not already make reconciliation for the house of Israel and sanctify the people?

Romans 5
8But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 9Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
10For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
11And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Ephesians 2
13But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
14For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
15Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
16And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

Hebrews 2
16For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.
17Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.