PDA

View Full Version : And here's mine!!

livingwaters
Aug 24th 2008, 03:21 AM
:saint:Wow, how great it is to be a child of God.

Well, here we go...I am almost 54, and lived my life, prior to being saved, the way I wanted to live. What a mistake!!! Pride will kill you, if God doesn't save you. I thought I knew everything, didn't want to hear any better, didn't want to go to church, I could pray at home....and on and on. Sooooo.....

Here I was, at that time, approaching 50 yrs. old, no job, many addictions, a second failed marriage....didn't know what to do. I had tried to quit the addictions, but gotten really sick. So, I just said to God, "God, I can't do this anymore. I need your help!!!!" Well, when the Word says, just call on HIS name, you will be saved, it is TRUE!!!!!

At that moment, my heart changed. I could not stop crying. I, desperately wanted to go to Sunday school, church, the whole nine yards. I was a new person. One addiction at the time dropped off. No sickness, not none!!!!

I was baptized at the Baptist church in the town that I lived. My youngest daughter and my brother are still members of that church. Thanks, also, for their prayers...I know now, that God does hear our prayers. He has demonstrated that time and time again, since I was saved.

Those that knew before salvation can be witnesses to the changes HE did in me. My ex-husband(2) told me that he wanted what I had. He said, I can see the difference in your eyes. They sparkle!!!! Alleluia. I tell everyone, Jesus is the ULTIMATE "high."

So, now, I'm an heir with God, and a joint-heir with Jesus. What more can a girl ask for??!!!~~~~ Yea......

I plead with those that don't know him, to please, please, take the chance. It will be the best decision you ever make. :pp:pp

turtledove
Aug 24th 2008, 11:53 AM
Living Waters..:hug: btw, I love your user name and have meant to mention it sooner. What a wonderful testimony to how God can come into our lives when we let Him and what changes and freedom He does bring. Thanks for sharing. Keep up the good posting on bibleforums. You are a blessing!

Ain't it great to be part of the family of God? :pp

Seeker of truth
Aug 27th 2008, 01:49 PM
Wonderful testimony and I too love your name :) Thank you for sharing :)

Adam168
Oct 4th 2008, 06:02 AM
Excellent testimony living. Thanks for the support you've given me in my time on here.

loredojam
Oct 4th 2008, 04:03 PM
Keep spreading the word, sharing your testimony. It's easy to listen to. More importantly others are albe to see the chang in you. Wow, that's powerful. Thanks for sharing your testimony.

YSIC
Julie

Matthew 28: 18-20 18 Then Jesus came to them. He said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 So you must go and make disciples of all nations. Baptize them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. 20 Teach them to obey everything I have commanded you. And you can be sure that I am always with you, to the very end."

Cheyenne
Mar 2nd 2009, 05:47 AM
Hi Living Waters ... that's so wonderful. It's great to hear your news. Actually I'm not used to that. I hear more ... bah humbug. So I need that. And it's so wonderful you have praying children. I used to be able to feel people praying for me ... but it hasn't been much in my life ... since I have mostly ... humbugs in my life ... but I'm seeking to change that. Thank you for sharing your testimony ... so uplifting.

SweetEnigma
Mar 3rd 2009, 10:27 PM
WOW!!!! That WAS AN AMAZING TESTIMONY!!!!! You give hope to people of all ages :) Thanks for sharing!

Christian Sweetie
Mar 8th 2009, 04:53 AM
What an amazing testimony! You have been such a blessing to this board, it's so inspiring to see how you came to know God! Yes the Lord will change us as people and I praise Him that he cast out those addictions from Satan! Praise Him! :pp

Angelfire3
Mar 19th 2009, 03:00 AM
WOW! God is good all the time, isn't he?

All I can say is this: The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between my knees and the floor.:pray:

You can testify to that.

mcnumps
Apr 8th 2009, 03:06 AM
Livingwaters, love the name, the avatar and the testimony! What an inspiration you are. God bless you for sharing with us!

Keturah
Jun 16th 2009, 11:18 PM
How I love to see the Spirit of God move in the heart and life of those he loves.
Thank you for sharing, what a blessing. :hug:

livingwaters
Jun 17th 2009, 01:20 AM
I do pray that my testimony will truly give hope and encouragement to those who are bound by some of the same strongholds. But, even if they're not the same ones, HE can still deliver you from whatever!! God is Awesome and I will never stop thanking HIM for loving and choosing me first!!:pp:pp

God Bless you all!!!:hug:

P.S. It's supposed to say at the top "for HIS love!"

firstpeterone
Jun 27th 2009, 03:57 AM
so many people are trying to be "successful" in life. Your testimony is a success story. Praise God.
:pp

sedux
Jul 18th 2009, 01:38 PM
Livingwaters - You already know how I feel about your avatar :P

That was a great testimony! I especially like the part on how your ex-hubby#2 saw the change in you and wanted it for himself. That's awesome! Reminded me of that song Shine by the Newsboys. Praise the Lord :pp

Twin2
Jul 18th 2009, 03:32 PM
Your testimony is wonderful. God's mercy and grace is truly amazing.

pmiles
Aug 23rd 2009, 06:03 AM
Beautiful testimony, thanks for sharing how you experienced His mighty grace when you got to the end of your own abilities and CALLED on HIS beautiful PRECIOUS NAME. There is power in THE NAME. :pp

ilovemetal
Nov 3rd 2009, 03:39 AM
i love your testimony, and you!

charitableman
Nov 17th 2009, 07:27 AM
this is an inspiration. Addiction is tough. I am fighting it, and I know Jesus will eventually help me