PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Bible, Gambling, Lottery

beachboy
Aug 30th 2008, 01:15 AM
Can anyone give me some scriptures on the subject I have listed.

Thanks in advance.

Krav
Aug 30th 2008, 02:55 PM
How about these:

Pro 28:22 He that hasteth to be rich hath an evil eye, and considereth not that poverty shall come upon him.

Pro 23:5 Wilt thou set thine eyes upon that which is not? for riches certainly make themselves wings; they fly away as an eagle toward heaven.

1Ti 6:9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.

"Get rich quick" goes against the Biblical principle of work and earning one's living. If you are focused on "getting rich" then where are your priorities?

Luk 16:13 No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

If God chooses to bless you with wealth then it is because He knows you will be faithful with it. But, if you seek out wealth on your own it is usually a sign of covetousness.

IPet2_9
Aug 30th 2008, 02:57 PM
What about the parable of the talents?

The master returns and asks you, "What did you do with the 5 talents I gave you?"

"Oh, I lost 4 at Harrah's. But I was able to stop after that. Here is your 1 talent."

karenoka27
Aug 30th 2008, 03:05 PM
I want to share a little more on:
Luke 16:13- "No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon."

I've been doing a study this summer on prayer and this verse came up. In the Greek it says that we do not have the capacity within us to serve both God and money. Makes sense when you look at Joshua 24:5-"Choose this day whom you will serve..." We have to choose daily to serve God or the world.
If we choose the world, we make ourselves enemies of God.
James 4:4-"Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God."
In the above verse, God is speaking of spiritual adultery against Him. He is a jealous God and wants all of our love. I think it's awesome!