PDA

View Full Version : Information Hating Evil and Loving God

poochie
Aug 30th 2008, 07:55 PM
Here is a message that I wrote/preached.

Hating Evil & loving God

--
Psalms, Chapter 97, Verse 10
Ye that love the LORD, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked.

When I talk about hating evil and hating those that God hates, I do not mean to wish them harm or death, what I mean is that we need to hate the things that God hates and hate the sinners ways, and his or her actions. It's very unbiblical to wish harm on unbelievers and those that mock his name. But its very biblical and what God's word says to hate evil. Because I love God so much I will hate anything that he hates, for he hates much that opposes his will and his word. God's servants hate evil, and hate what God hates, for such is an enemy of God.

I hate flag burners for they hate America and my country
I hate false teachers for they teach false gospels
I hate liberal churches
I hate liberal books
I hate abortion clinics
I hate liars
I hate people that break laws
I hate drunk drivers
I hate murders
I hate those that cause division in the body

and so on..
I find it saddening that there are so many churches these days that claim to love God, yet tolerate sin, tolerate evil in their midst and bare the name of Christ. But how can they love God if they also love evil? It's impossible to serve both God and their evil. Years ago people used to not tolerate all the filth and evil on TV, yet many Christians these days are not bothered by these same things. There are many Christians that watch a TV program called American Idol, and watch it without a conscious towards the great evil in its name. The Bible calls that show evil, for it bares the name idol, and is a abomination to God (Lev 19:4).
Besides idols God hates concealed evil desires towards our neighbor and vows we do not keep.

Zech, Chapter 8, Verse 17
And let none of you imagine evil in your hearts against his neighbour; and love no false oath: for all these are things that I hate, saith the LORD.

We need to love our neighbor as ourselves, and our neighbor is anyone we come into contact with. The good Samaritan mentioned in Luke 10 was a good example of someone that loved his neighbor as himself.
God also hates people that do not pay their bills and he hates divorce (Mal 2:16). A list of sins that the Lord hates are mentioned in Proverbs.

Proverbs, Chapter 6, Verses 16-19, New King James Version
These six things the LORD hates,Yes, seven are an abomination to Him:
A proud look,
A lying tongue,
Hands that shed innocent blood,
A heart that devises wicked plans,
Feet that are swift in running to evil,
A false witness who speaks lies,
And one who sows discord among brethren..

The Lord hates all sin, but he hates the sins above even more so. These are an abomination to him and he hates them. Those that claim to love the Lord will hate these sins and all sin that displeases God.

Psalms, Chapter 119, Verse 104
Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.

I hate Mormons
I hate JW's
I hate Christian Scientists
I hate OneNess Pentecostals
I hate Catholic Doctrine
I hate atheist & agnostic beliefs
I hate Humanism
I hate all that is contrary to God and His word. I hate every false way and everything that teaches a doctrine and a way apart from God and what is communicated in His word.

The way to salvation is clearly spelled out, and I hate false teachers and religions that lead people astray. These type will face their judgment for leading people down the path to destruction. I love the word and I love God (Psa 119:113).
If we love God then we will hate evil. If we do not love God, then we WILL NOT hate evil. God's people hate evil, and all that God hates. If we do not hate evil, then we do not love God. Hating evil is a essential and glorious feature of God's character. For God's children should feel the same towards evil, for evil is an abomination to his children just as it is to God.

Psalms, Chapter 139, Verse 21
Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? And am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?

If you can't hate false doctrine and false ways, then the love of God may not be in you. We need to hate those that hate God and his ways. No I am not talking about hating them personally, I am referring to hating their ways. Recently I was banned from the Internet Infidels (http://www.iidb.org/). I was banned because I preached the world very boldly and the many skeptics and cults posting there hated me for it. I had a debate with a hard punching Agnostic named Johnny Skeptic (http://www.johnnyskeptic775.com/) and hopefully the seed planted by the Word of God will reach his soul.

Proverbs, Chapter 8, Verse 13
The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

Amos, Chapter 5, Verse 15
Hate the evil, and love the good, and establish judgment in the gate: it may be that the LORD God of hosts will be gracious unto the remnant of Joseph.

Why then is the church today so tolerant and open too evil? Because the church of today does not love God and loves evil. So many are insensitive toward God, and love evil inside.

The church of today is described in the passage of scripture below.

Psalms, Chapter 36, Verses 1-4
The transgression of the wicked saith within my heart, that there is no fear of God before his eyes. For he flattereth himself in his own eyes, until his iniquity be found to be hateful. The words of his mouth are iniquity and deceit: he hath left off to be wise, and to do good. He deviseth mischief upon his bed; he setteth himself in a way that is not good; he abhorreth not evil.

I hope and pray that many Christians of today will be in this category described in the passage of scripture below.

Psalms, Chapter 38, Verses 1-4
O LORD, rebuke me not in thy wrath: neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure. For thine arrows stick fast in me, and thy hand presseth me sore. There is no soundness in my flesh because of thine anger; neither is there any rest in my bones because of my sin. For mine iniquities are gone over mine head: as an heavy burden they are too heavy for me.

Those that claim to love God, and act Christian in a church, school or around other believers yet do not really love God are a fulfillment of 2 Pet 2:22 as they are like the dog that returns to its vomit.

OrdainedLady
Aug 30th 2008, 09:29 PM
Here is a message that I wrote/preached.

Hating Evil & loving God

I hate flag burners for they hate America and my country
I hate false teachers for they teach false gospels
I hate liberal churches
I hate liberal books
I hate abortion clinics
I hate liars
I hate drunk drivers
I hate murders

and so on..

:eek: My goodness :o

First, a question: how did those you delivered this message to receive it?

Now, just some Scripture :bible:

"You shall not hate your fellow countryman in your heart; you may surely reprove your neighbor, but shall not incur sin because of him."
(Leviticus 19:17)

"Those who say that they are in the light but hate other believers are still in the dark. Those who love other believers live in the light. Nothing will destroy the faith of those who live in the light. Those who hate other believers are in the dark and live in the dark. They don't know where they're going, because they can't see in the dark." (I John 2:9-11)

"Whoever says, "I love God," but hates another believer is a liar. People who don't love other believers, whom they have seen, can't love God, whom they have not seen. Christ has given us this commandment: The person who loves God must also love other believers." (I John 4:20, 21)

"Jesus told his disciples, "Situations that cause people to lose their faith are certain to arise. But how horrible it will be for the person who causes someone to lose his faith! It would be best for that person to be thrown into the sea with a large stone hung around his neck than for him to cause one of these little ones to lose his faith. So watch yourselves! "If a believer sins, correct him. If he changes the way he thinks and acts, forgive him." (Luke 17:1-3)

"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."
(John 13:34, 35)

And in summation:

"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places." (Ephesians 6:12)

:amen:

poochie
Aug 31st 2008, 12:12 AM
You missed this part of the article.

When I talk about hating evil and hating those that God hates, I do not mean to wish them harm or death, what I mean is that we need to hate the things that God hates and hate the sinners ways, and his or her actions. It's very unbiblical to wish harm on unbelievers and those that mock his name. But its very biblical and what God's word says to hate evil. Because I love God so much I will hate anything that he hates, for he hates much that opposes his will and his word. God's servants hate evil, and hate what God hates, for such is an enemy of God.

I am not a ear tickler preacher. I preach the WORD in Season and Out of Season. I could care less how the people receive it. What matters is that the Word was presented. The Holy Spirit will convict those that are interested in the gospel.

:eek:

My goodness :o

First, a question: how did those you delivered this message to receive it?

Now, just some Scripture :bible:

"You shall not hate your fellow countryman in your heart; you may surely reprove your neighbor, but shall not incur sin because of him."
(Leviticus 19:17)

"Those who say that they are in the light but hate other believers are still in the dark. Those who love other believers live in the light. Nothing will destroy the faith of those who live in the light. Those who hate other believers are in the dark and live in the dark. They don't know where they're going, because they can't see in the dark." (I John 2:9-11)

"Whoever says, "I love God," but hates another believer is a liar. People who don't love other believers, whom they have seen, can't love God, whom they have not seen. Christ has given us this commandment: The person who loves God must also love other believers." (I John 4:20, 21)

"Jesus told his disciples, "Situations that cause people to lose their faith are certain to arise. But how horrible it will be for the person who causes someone to lose his faith! It would be best for that person to be thrown into the sea with a large stone hung around his neck than for him to cause one of these little ones to lose his faith. So watch yourselves! "If a believer sins, correct him. If he changes the way he thinks and acts, forgive him." (Luke 17:1-3)

"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."
(John 13:34, 35)

And in summation:

"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places." (Ephesians 6:12)

:amen:

OrdainedLady
Aug 31st 2008, 12:47 AM
You missed this part of the article.

No, I didn't miss it. We're supposed to hate evil, not the people who we believe are doing evil. There's a huge difference. You stated in your "hate" list that there are people you hate. I'm sorry, but that is just not Biblical and it is not what Jesus wants for us.

I am not a ear tickler preacher. I preach the WORD in Season and Out of Season. I could care less how the people receive it.

What?! :o

What matters is that the Word was presented.

Presenting the Word isn't enough. Doing it so that those who have ears to hear will want to listen makes the package palatable. If Jesus and His Disciples went around screaming and shouting and ranting and raving from town to town about how all should repent or go to hell do you think that anyone would have listened, or would they have been written off as fanatic lunatics? :crazy: We are told that others will know us by our love :yes:, not by what we say :no: !

The Holy Spirit will convict those that are interested in the gospel.

No one's going to listen to even the Holy Spirit if they are so turned off by the speaker, Poochie. It won't matter if they are interested in the Gospel or not. You've got to give them a reason to *want* to listen first. Jesus did this by using parables, stories, *because* He knew His audience would be drawn in by the drama and the entertainment of the parable. The parables and the love that Jesus showed them opened up people's hearts to listen and want to hear more. It was the truth *within* the parable that got *into* their hearts because their hearts were *already opened* by the vehicle that Jesus brought the truth to them with. :thumbsup:

Does that make sense?

poochie
Aug 31st 2008, 01:56 AM
John MacArthur, Hard to Believe, pp. 5

(In reference to Mt 16:24-25) The passage mentions nothing about improving your self-esteem, being rich and successful, feeling good about yourself, or having your felt needs met, which is what so many churches are preaching these days in order to sugar coat the truth.

Being relevant can be done by telling stories and parables, yes. But entertaining others is not what the Bible commands.

No, I didn't miss it. We're supposed to hate evil, not the people who we believe are doing evil. There's a huge difference. You stated in your "hate" list that there are people you hate. I'm sorry, but that is just not Biblical and it is not what Jesus wants for us.

What?! :o

Presenting the Word isn't enough. Doing it so that those who have ears to hear will want to listen makes the package palatable. If Jesus and His Disciples went around screaming and shouting and ranting and raving from town to town about how all should repent or go to hell do you think that anyone would have listened, or would they have been written off as fanatic lunatics? :crazy: We are told that others will know us by our love :yes:, not by what we say :no: !

No one's going to listen to even the Holy Spirit if they are so turned off by the speaker, Poochie. It won't matter if they are interested in the Gospel or not. You've got to give them a reason to *want* to listen first. Jesus did this by using parables, stories, *because* He knew His audience would be drawn in by the drama and the entertainment of the parable. The parables and the love that Jesus showed them opened up people's hearts to listen and want to hear more. It was the truth *within* the parable that got *into* their hearts because their hearts were *already opened* by the vehicle that Jesus brought the truth to them with. :thumbsup:

Does that make sense?

OrdainedLady
Aug 31st 2008, 02:34 AM
John MacArthur, Hard to Believe, pp. 5

Being relevant can be done by telling stories and parables, yes. But entertaining others is not what the Bible commands.

Please re-read what I wrote, Poochie.

The focus of what I said wasn't on entertaining people, it was on finding ways to not irritate them before they've had a chance to hear what you have to say. If someone is ticked off at you for your approach and delivery before you even start presenting the Gospel, why would they stay tuned in to you?

If you start off with "I hate you because..." or "I hate [such-and-so] because..." (which is essentially what your list says), who's gonna take you seriously? Once again - and please read this if nothing else - Christians are to be *known* by their love first and foremost. No one's going to see love in you if you give them your list of who and what you hate - and guaranteed that no one's going to want to hear what you have to say, Poochie.

poochie
Aug 31st 2008, 03:07 AM
and guaranteed that no one's going to want to hear what you have to say, Poochie.

They also did not want to hear Paul, and as I read Jeremiah they did not want to hear him as well.

OrdainedLady
Aug 31st 2008, 03:10 AM
They also did not want to hear Paul, and as I read Jeremiah they did not want to hear him as well.

:B I give up...

poochie
Aug 31st 2008, 10:09 AM
Has the scripture convicted you or did I need to cite the references?

:B I give up...

Bethany67
Aug 31st 2008, 11:55 AM
Poochie - you're way off base, and OrdainedLady is right. If you hate people (any people), then you need to ask yourself some serious questions and read/meditate on 1 John:

Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates his brother is still in the darkness. 10Whoever loves his brother lives in the light, and there is nothing in him to make him stumble. 11But whoever hates his brother is in the darkness and walks around in the darkness; he does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded him.

Did Paul storm into the Areopagus and start spouting about how he hated the godless people? No, he preached the gospel, using their current beliefs as a starting-point.

Matt 5 - Jesus said:

"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' 44But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Matthew 22:

Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

Romans 5:8:

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Rom 13:

Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law. 9The commandments, "Do not commit adultery," "Do not murder," "Do not steal," "Do not covet," and whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this one rule: "Love your neighbor as yourself." 10Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

1 Cor 13:

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. 4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

1 Cor 16:

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. 14Do everything in love.

Gal 5:14

The entire law is summed up in a single command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

Gal 5:

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Eph 4:15 - speak the truth in love.

Eph 5:1-2:

Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children 2and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

1 Thess 3:12:

May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else, just as ours does for you.

2 Tim 1:7:

For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline

James 2:8:

If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, "Love your neighbor as yourself," you are doing right.

If your fundamentalist college is teaching you this hatred (and we do pick up attitudes by a kind of spiritual osmosis, according to the company we keep), you need to get out (and hang the full scholarship - it's only money and we are not to love it) before it destroys your faith and tuns you into the likes of Fred Phelps. It's leading you into a grave misunderstanding of the gospel. I am not talking about tolerating sin and false teaching; those things are rightly to be hated. I am talking about loving the people caught in it who need Jesus, just as we once did. For you to say you hate the people on your list - well, there's something very very wrong with that, and I pray the Lord will open your eyes and convict you of this sin.

OrdainedLady
Aug 31st 2008, 03:44 PM
Has the scripture convicted you or did I need to cite the references?

No, Poochie - I give up because you don't seem to want to listen to the Scriptures that speak directly to your hatred of people. I don't know if you just don't get that we're not supposed to hate people or you don't want to get that we're not supposed to hate people or you just don't care that we're not supposed to hate people. I'm not saying this to be mean, but I've never known anyone (outside of white supremacists and those from Fred Phelps' "church") to brazenly say they hate particular groups of people and try to rationalize that hate by using the Bible.

Maybe someone else can try and be more successful in pointing out the spirit of error that you seem to be hanging onto. Then again, I can only lead you to the living water, I can't make you drink it.

God bless.

threebigrocks
Aug 31st 2008, 04:12 PM

To elaborate a bit on this, it's the fact that we see those who are lost and in sin as evil and against God. No question. We as believers are of God, and have been there, but are pulled from that life and given life anew.

When we go to unbelievers, we bring a testimony of where you are in not favorable in God's eyes and thus mine. But I love you enough to come to you where you are in your sin as a sinner and bring you a message of hope. We are to reach out, and explain the gospel, just as Paul did. Paul didn't mess around, but still walked into the "lions den" so to speak of sinful people to bring hope, light into darkness.

We are to separate ourselves from sin and the actions of sinners, but to love them enough to not leave them without the hope of the gospel. ;) That must be pointed out to unbelievers not with guns a blazing but with the love we hope they see from Christ that we present to them.

poochie
Aug 31st 2008, 04:32 PM
The message I wrote was inspired directly from a message that was preached here.

I never once said that I hate the individual people. I said that I hate what they do and not them as actual people.

Listen to my message.

http://www.cerm.info/sermons/audio/hating_evil.WMA

If your fundamentalist college is teaching you this hatred (and we do pick up attitudes by a kind of spiritual osmosis, according to the company we keep), you need to get out (and hang the full scholarship - it's only money and we are not to love it) before it destroys your faith and tuns you into the likes of Fred Phelps. It's leading you into a grave misunderstanding of the gospel. I am not talking about tolerating sin and false teaching; those things are rightly to be hated. I am talking about loving the people caught in it who need Jesus, just as we once did. For you to say you hate the people on your list - well, there's something very very wrong with that, and I pray the Lord will open your eyes and convict you of this sin.

poochie
Aug 31st 2008, 04:34 PM

No, Poochie - I give up because you don't seem to want to listen to the Scriptures that speak directly to your hatred of people. I don't know if you just don't get that we're not supposed to hate people or you don't want to get that we're not supposed to hate people or you just don't care that we're not supposed to hate people. I'm not saying this to be mean, but I've never known anyone (outside of white supremacists and those from Fred Phelps' "church") to brazenly say they hate particular groups of people and try to rationalize that hate by using the Bible.

Maybe someone else can try and be more successful in pointing out the spirit of error that you seem to be hanging onto. Then again, I can only lead you to the living water, I can't make you drink it.

God bless.

OrdainedLady
Aug 31st 2008, 05:00 PM
I never once said that I hate the individual people. I said that I hate what they do and not them as actual people.

Here is some of your list, Poochie:

I hate flag burners
I hate false teachers
I hate liberal churches
I hate liars
I hate drunk drivers

Flag burners are people who burn flags.
False teachers are people who teach falsely.
Liberal churches have people in their membership.
Liars are people who lie.
Law breakers are people who break the law.
Drunk drivers are people who drive drunk.
Divisive church-goers are people who cause division in churches.

In every instance you have said you hate the people, not the sin you believe they are engaged in.

What you might consider doing here is changing your way of thinking and seeing the people with love first, the sin with hatred second. If you do that, then your expression of that thinking will become:

I hate flag burning
I hate false teaching
I hate liberal teaching in churches
I hate lying
I hate law-breaking
I hate drunk driving
I hate division in the body

Now it is the behavior that you hate, not the people who exercise the behavior. This is a perfect example of "loving the sinner, hating the sin" as opposed to hating the sinner and the sin. Ask yourself: what would Jesus want me to do?

Once again, it's your choice, Poochie - I can only lead you to the living water, I can't force you to drink it.

threebigrocks
Aug 31st 2008, 05:17 PM

Listened, and in this sermon there is only condemnation and judgment against sinners it seems. That is not for us to do, but God will separate out the chaff and the wheat. We bring the message of salvation to the sinner, and in fellowship and discipleship we lift up each other as believers. Much of what you said could apply to truly God fearing people. As long as we are stuck in the flesh, we can sin in all the ways you mentioned. We are to strive against it, keep us dead to self and the ways of the flesh. Thank God we have grace and forgiveness and His strength or we would never see the kingdom of God!

Do you speak to a congregation or do you share your teachings on the internet? Do you have any more sermons somewhere to share on a different topic you could PM to me?

poochie
Aug 31st 2008, 06:25 PM
I have done both and also taught Sunday School.

http://www.cerm.info/sermons/audio/salvation.wav

Listened, and in this sermon there is only condemnation and judgment against sinners it seems. That is not for us to do, but God will separate out the chaff and the wheat. We bring the message of salvation to the sinner, and in fellowship and discipleship we lift up each other as believers. Much of what you said could apply to truly God fearing people. As long as we are stuck in the flesh, we can sin in all the ways you mentioned. We are to strive against it, keep us dead to self and the ways of the flesh. Thank God we have grace and forgiveness and His strength or we would never see the kingdom of God!

Do you speak to a congregation or do you share your teachings on the internet? Do you have any more sermons somewhere to share on a different topic you could PM to me?

poochie
Aug 31st 2008, 06:27 PM
I think it would be a good idea if I modified the wording a little in this article.

Here is some of your list, Poochie:

I hate flag burners
I hate false teachers
I hate liberal churches
I hate liars
I hate drunk drivers

Flag burners are people who burn flags.
False teachers are people who teach falsely.
Liberal churches have people in their membership.
Liars are people who lie.
Law breakers are people who break the law.
Drunk drivers are people who drive drunk.
Divisive church-goers are people who cause division in churches.

In every instance you have said you hate the people, not the sin you believe they are engaged in.

What you might consider doing here is changing your way of thinking and seeing the people with love first, the sin with hatred second. If you do that, then your expression of that thinking will become:

I hate flag burning
I hate false teaching
I hate liberal teaching in churches
I hate lying
I hate law-breaking
I hate drunk driving
I hate division in the body

Now it is the behavior that you hate, not the people who exercise the behavior. This is a perfect example of "loving the sinner, hating the sin" as opposed to hating the sinner and the sin. Ask yourself: what would Jesus want me to do?

Once again, it's your choice, Poochie - I can only lead you to the living water, I can't force you to drink it.

poochie
Aug 31st 2008, 06:37 PM
For some reason when I copy and paste on the Mac to this board the text shows up really really large. So here is a link.

http://www.cerm.info/bible_studies/Topical/hating_evil.htm

threebigrocks
Aug 31st 2008, 06:54 PM
Right now I'm out of time to do more listening, but I will this evening when things free up.

But here is something to ponder. Notice brotherly kindness isn't first, and love is last. Wipe your mind slate clean, and just read it for what it is.

2 Peter 1
1 Simon Peter, a bond-servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, to those who have received a faith of the same kind as ours, by the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ:
2 Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord;
3 seeing that His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness, through the true knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence.
4 For by these He has granted to us His precious and magnificent promises, in order that by them you might become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world by lust.
5 Now for this very reason also, applying all diligence, in your faith supply moral excellence, and in your moral excellence, knowledge;
6 and in your knowledge, self-control, and in your self-control, perseverance, and in your perseverance, godliness;
7 and in your godliness, brotherly kindness, and in your brotherly kindness, love.
8 For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they render you neither useless nor unfruitful in the true knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9 For he who lacks these qualities is blind or short-sighted, having forgotten his purification from his former sins.
10 Therefore, brethren, be all the more diligent to make certain about His calling and choosing you; for as long as you practice these things, you will never stumble;
11 for in this way the entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be abundantly supplied to you.