PDA

View Full Version : Am I wrong?

Ankaa
Sep 1st 2008, 06:11 PM
I have a question concerning a book that I'm writing.

I'm a Christian, and I was raised Christian. I'm writing a book that has a character who gets into a homosexual-like relationship. He is not portrayed as a *homosexual* who endorses the behavior. He is just portrayed as someone who is confused about what is right and what is wrong.

My question is this: I'm not planning on addressing the character's homosexual acts as a sin (even though I think it is) because that's not the point of the book. I'm more addressing the character's promiscuous behavior as something wrong with him. This book isn't meant to be a book to teach the world to embrace Christian beliefs (anti-homosexuality), nor is it a book directed at Christian people.
Will my fellow Christians think of me as a bad Christian for not addressing my characters homosexuality? Or will God see this as a sin?

Please answer with your true opinion! ^_^ Thank you~

Ta-An
Sep 1st 2008, 06:24 PM
The mere fact that you ask : " Or will God see this as a sin?" to me says that that thought has crossed your mind,,, and maybe you are feeling guilty for omitting/sidestepping the truth :hmm:

Bethany67
Sep 1st 2008, 06:32 PM
I think the key thing for me would be God's reaction, not the human reaction.

You have the freedom to write what you like and to identify yourself as a Christian or choose not to, but for me the big questions would be: even aside from any evangelistic concerns, does this writing glorify God? Will it bring Him joy? Will He consider me a wise steward of the resources He's put at my command? How will it potentially affect me spiritually by getting inside this character's head? What impact will it have on the readers? Will they read it as a tacit endorsement of homosexuality?

Enoch365
Sep 1st 2008, 06:36 PM
I have a question concerning a book that I'm writing.

I'm a Christian, and I was raised Christian. I'm writing a book that has a character who gets into a homosexual-like relationship. He is not portrayed as a *homosexual* who endorses the behavior. He is just portrayed as someone who is confused about what is right and what is wrong.

My question is this: I'm not planning on addressing the character's homosexual acts as a sin (even though I think it is) because that's not the point of the book. I'm more addressing the character's promiscuous behavior as something wrong with him. This book isn't meant to be a book to teach the world to embrace Christian beliefs (anti-homosexuality), nor is it a book directed at Christian people.
Will my fellow Christians think of me as a bad Christian for not addressing my characters homosexuality? Or will God see this as a sin?

Please answer with your true opinion! ^_^ Thank you~

You suppose to work for God, not for the father of all lies(S).

Homosexuality Is Against Nature
Homosexuals Shall Not Enter the Kingdom of Heaven
Homosexuals Were Punished By Death
Homosexuality Condemned in the New Testament
Homosexuality Is Against Health
Homosexuality Is Against the Holy Sacraments
Rights For Homosexuals
Homosexuality and Love
Homosexual by Nature
The Way to Repentance...

http://tasbeha.org/content/hh_books/ordofwom/...

Matthehitmanhart
Sep 2nd 2008, 12:17 AM
Actually, if you are approaching the issue as something that is "wrong with him", then you are addressing homosexuality as sin at sin's most fundamental level. While you may not address the acts of homosexuality - i.e., individual "transgressions" or "small 's' sins" - you are going straight to the root of the issue by addressing the brokenness of humanity outside of Christ (sometimes referred to as "capitol 'S' Sin"). It's that brokenness which Paul most often refers to when he talks about "sin"; it's that monstrous thing, almost personified by the Apostle, which holds humanity captive, the thing from which we are "redeemed" through the faithfulness of Christ.

livingwaters
Sep 2nd 2008, 12:21 AM
Ankaa, please read these posts, carefully and thoughtfully. Sometimes when we are closely involved in a project, the devil slips right in and says, oh, there's nothing wrong with that. You know you are a Christian. It doesn't matter what others think!!! Ha

It DOES matter what God thinks, though. So, be careful!!!!:hug:

Ankaa
Sep 10th 2008, 10:26 PM
Thanks a lot for all you guys' answers. ^_^ I will take to heart everything you've all said. I'm planning on changing a few things in my book, and I'll probably be a little more direct in the issue.
Thank you all. God bless~ :D