PDA

View Full Version : My Brother in Law

mrsboyer07
Sep 1st 2008, 07:28 PM
My husband and I moved into a new house about a year ago. We made the decision to allow his brother to move in with us, providing that he get a job or return to school. Unfortunately, he has not done either of these things over the past twelve months, and we've given him notice to leave.

We haven't noticed that he's made any progress in finding a place to stay. We believe that he may have a developmental delay, but he refuses diagnosis or treatment. On top of this, he does not know Jesus. Please pray that we will have the wisdom to know what to do with him when our deadline for his moving (October 19) comes. Pray that he will come to know Jesus, because we know that through him, all things will be provided if we just ask.

Redneck Charger
Sep 2nd 2008, 11:36 AM
Please Jesus, Help this family.. Please help them all understand the Lord.. Please Jesus..:pray:

Frances
Sep 2nd 2008, 06:04 PM
:pray: that alternative accomodation and a job for your b.i.l is available before your 'deadline' - and that he will be confronted with his need for Jesus as his Lord and Saviour . . .

livingwaters
Sep 3rd 2008, 02:57 AM
MrsBoyer07, sorry to hear of your troubles. How old is your brother-in-law? Is he old enough to get a job? If not, he should have no choice of having to go back to school. How about Church functions? Maybe a youth pastor or pastor could assist with some of these issues. They have more experience than I do, for sure.

However, one time, my first husband and I (were married for 25 yrs) had to emancipate one of our children...That is very "tough love." (Of course, it was our fault that none of our children or us were in church. But, sometimes even when you raise them in Church, they will still rebel and want to do what they want to do.That's not an excuse, by any means.) But, at that time, that is the only thing we felt we could do to protect ourselves from some of the things that were going on in her life. Some of the people she was hanging out with were bad news. But, you know, I did pray. I always have prayed. I just didn't know about a personal relationship with Jesus. I didn't know that I had to accept HIM to be saved and go to Heaven...I was taught as a child that if you were a good person, and did right, you would go to Heaven..:hmm::hmm: Imagine my shock when I found out the truth!!!!! I, just recently got saved(3 yrs)so, I didn't realize what an effect not being a Christian had on every phase of my life and my children's lives. Now, that paricular daughter of mine is a born-again Christian, and was before I was. Thank you, Lord. Anything is possilbe with God!!!!

So, what I'm saying is, sometimes tough decisions make better people. Also, don't give up on your BIL getting filled with the HOLY GHOST!!! Alleluia. God does still work miracles. Ya'll just keep telling him about Jesus and what HE did for us!!!! Amen.:hug:

Praying for ya'll!!!:pray::pray: