PDA

View Full Version : Just a quick question

Marc2x
Sep 2nd 2008, 01:11 AM
Can Christians wear t-shirts with skulls on them? I see lots of christian wear them. I asked other christians about this and they said its not a sin but is that somthing you want to wear? They told me its a personal choice.

joes2fst4u
Sep 2nd 2008, 01:34 AM
Hey! It is alright to wear those...it's not a sin. And people ask "do you really want to?" because the thought comes to mind of what are you representing/living for? But it's completely up to you and what matters most is who you are, not what you wear. :)

Marc2x
Sep 2nd 2008, 01:36 AM
Yeah thanks,im wearing it becuase I don't fear death.

dirtball
Sep 2nd 2008, 01:54 AM
I don't see a problem with it as long as their ain't profane sayings with the skulls.

ilovemetal
Sep 2nd 2008, 02:19 AM
I don't see a problem with it as long as their ain't profane sayings with the skulls.

yeah, i agree.

many metal christian bands use skulls...well, not many, but some. i wouldn't wear it to church though, so in the end, i'd go with not reccomnding skull/death paraphanlia. but that's just my conviction.

Marc2x
Sep 2nd 2008, 02:37 AM

They have nothing on the shirts except a skull and a bunch plants which could mean you die(which is what the skull represents) but still live again (Plants stand for life,beginning of a new life).

Friend of Jesus
Sep 2nd 2008, 09:21 AM
I can think of many good reasons why there is nothing wrong with skulls on T-shirts. The Bible doesn't say anything against it for one.

lithiumx22
Sep 12th 2008, 07:37 AM
I can think of many good reasons why there is nothing wrong with skulls on T-shirts. The Bible doesn't say anything against it for one.

Well not all things that we ain't suppose to do are written in stone some we have to interpret...its funny thought that the other day going to a church activity i was wearing a Hollister shirt with a scenery that made out a skull and i decided to take it off because i felt like it would be frowned upon...i guess its not bad to wear it but one can give out the wrong message about who we are

Friend of Jesus
Sep 12th 2008, 03:13 PM
Well not all things that we ain't suppose to do are written in stone some we have to interpret...its funny thought that the other day going to a church activity i was wearing a Hollister shirt with a scenery that made out a skull and i decided to take it off because i felt like it would be frowned upon...i guess its not bad to wear it but one can give out the wrong message about who we are

True, but I certainly wouldn't condemn a Christian for wearing one

Revinius
Sep 15th 2008, 02:52 AM

Breaking other Christians stereotypes is a good thing. We, as Christians, sometimes need to be shocked out of our comfortable church and get read to innovate to culture.

chaelarawr
Sep 16th 2008, 12:55 AM
I sometimes wear shirts with designs on them, and sometimes the designs incorporate the skull printing on it.
It can't be helped, it's just integrating itself into fashion. I'm comfortable with it, I usually call them my "Pirate shirts" :P
Not like the shirt I bought once, there was a slogan hidden in it. I didn't even notice what it said, and I wore it on a school excursion. It was like a punk shirt with a shield, and under the shield there was a ribbon type design under it with writing. I never even noticed the writing and the slogan until my friend pointed it out. I just bought it because it suited me.
Well...needless to say, I never wore it out in public again! :P