PDA

View Full Version : My Son

RobbieP
Sep 2nd 2008, 11:58 AM
37 year old son, Jeff had a heart attack last night. I guess there were three blocked arteries...they've put stints in....I'm on my way up there...He was saved many years ago but is not walking with the Lord.....Please pray for him......

Robin

Vhayes
Sep 2nd 2008, 12:00 PM
Praying here, Robbie.
V

Sherrie
Sep 2nd 2008, 12:02 PM
Oh Robin! So very sorry! I am praying!

Sherrie

RobbieP
Sep 2nd 2008, 05:27 PM
Update...

He is doing well ......I cried when I had to go see my boy in CCU! Not suppose to be that way.....We couldn't stay long but he is awake and as stubborn as ever.....He is a one-liner joke guy...constantly.....Clean ones but he never quits...>When Mike and I saw he was doing that and debating with his girlfriend on every aspect we felt better....He's feeling better...
One of his debates is whether he has two or three scoops of ice cream and if it is every night......Cholesterol......400.....Oh wait ...no, it was only 385...LOL!!! 385 is close enough to 400 for his mama! I think he needs to adjust his diet.......and totally stay awake from cigarettes....

They only put one stint in to get him past the heart attack.....he's got two other arteries blocked that will need to be dealt with...

..His girlfriend loves him very much...that made me feel good too...I love him...thank you for your prayers......

Frances
Sep 2nd 2008, 06:25 PM
:pray: . . .....................................

Sherrie
Sep 2nd 2008, 06:30 PM
Robin that is good news! Keep us posted on this if you have time. I have been thinking of you all day! Such a feeling comes over you while going through this. I would never wish this on my worse enemy. I have been crying my ownself. This just brought back so many memories of my late husband. I just did not want anyone else to go through it. God is good!

Thank you Lord Jesus!

Sherrie :hug:

livingwaters
Sep 3rd 2008, 01:57 AM
Praise the Lord, Robin!!! That is just wonderful news. God doesn't sleep!!!

However, let Jeff know that God does warn us about things. This was a warning!!!! He can still be a fun-loving guy, but God comes first, especially, after HE spares your life, again....I mean, HE spared once, granting us salvation.....Fun is great.....but, wisdom goes a long way.Amen

Tell Jeff to get on this forum so we can all "talk" to him. You know, (LOL) we're not like God, we expect to see a difference, and we mean it. (just picking, of course)but, it might lighten it up for him, a bit.

God Bless and keep us posted!!!:hug:

beverlyc
Sep 3rd 2008, 02:10 AM
Robin,
I am praying for your Jeff that he finds the Lord and has great health.:pray:
Beverly

karenoka27
Sep 3rd 2008, 02:19 AM
Robin!:hug: It was good to talk with you today.
A good comment was made above. You mentioned that your son is saved. Then you can talk to him about the Lord? This heart attack could be a spiritual wake up call. Praying he takes heed to that. Our Lord is gentle and kind in His discipline, but there are times when He may use a firm hand to get our attention. The Lord loves Jeff, and it is comforting to know that he is safe in the Lord's hands.

Invincibleep
Sep 3rd 2008, 02:24 AM
Hi Robbie P. My prayers go out to you. I recently came on the board to post prayer for the exact same thing for my brother-in-law. He too, had a heart attack and stints were put in his heart. The procedure was successful and he is recuperating. I will pray it is successful for your son as well. Stay strong in the Lord.

RobbieP
Sep 3rd 2008, 02:33 AM
Thank you everybody...Jeff's mom (that's me!) knows that the Lord is gentle when He can be and tougher when He needs to be....I am so glad our Lord is SOOOOOO WISE to know the best ......Today I was prayerful when I talked to him.....He looked well.......When he is a tad better I will talk to him of our Lord and how he could be giving a wake up call.....He knows Him and loves Him.....just is stubborn (oh! like his mom was!) in his obedience of Him.....God is alive and WELL today and means what He says today as much as He meant what He said in Moses' time....................unfortuenately we like to think He's adjusted to the times like we have......BUT HE HASN"T!! And praise God for that!!!!

Thanks so much,

Robbie

karenoka27
Sep 3rd 2008, 02:41 AM
Praying that this heart attack turns into a heart change for Jeff. Also praying that it brings you and Jeff closer than ever!

Redneck Charger
Sep 3rd 2008, 03:02 AM
Praying for you and Jeff..and family.. Please Jesus help him turn his life to healthy..:pray:

Vhayes
Sep 3rd 2008, 03:04 AM
Thank you for the update, Robbie - I thought about you off and on today and offered up prayers for your sons recovery as well as rest and peace for you.

V