PDA

View Full Version : Convicted to ask for prayer

CoffeeCat
Sep 2nd 2008, 05:00 PM
Hi, everyone.

In the last while, God's really convicted me to come to my brothers and sisters in Christ, and ask for prayer and help in an area of my life. I've spoken to people at church, but I wanted to come here, too, since I spend a good bit of my 'online' time here. I've really been battling the sin of pride lately. In a way, I know pride's just the flip side of insecurity -- if we feel insecure, we try to mask it by acting like we're more than we are. I've been guilty of that, and I feel horrible because of it. Would you please pray with me that I allow God to humble me, break me down, chasten me the way I know I should be? I need to fully realize that I don't have all the answers, or even most of the answers. I need to let God really help me develop a servant's heart for Him. The way I am now, wrapped up in 'me' and my world, being a servant is very difficult, if not nearly impossible. Maybe I'm being too hard on myself... maybe I'm spot on. I'm not sure. But I know I need to learn humility and learn how to trust Christ fully with my life, not myself. Especially with the career I'm moving into.... teaching highschool kids... I'm going to need to be reminded DAILY that it's NOT about me, that Christ is the one governing my life -- the one I need to point my students towards, daily. And I'm the one standing in the way of that... so I know I need work. "Head knowledge" has gotten in the way of being broken to the point of relying on Christ fully, and this pride has to be busted wide open, with God's help.

If you'd pray for and with me, I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you.

Laura aka CoffeeCat

IWalkWithHim
Sep 2nd 2008, 05:09 PM
I will pray with you my sister......:pray:

Frances
Sep 2nd 2008, 06:17 PM
:pray: that the Lord humbles you, but does not need to humiliate you . . .

Beloved by God
Sep 3rd 2008, 12:10 AM
....:pray: for you.

turtledove
Sep 3rd 2008, 12:23 AM
Cat, praying for you. :pray: High school teachers ( and all of us need to have humility of heart and purpose); So praying for that for you and also for grace, wisdom, and strength in this calling.

owl..former (now retired) high school and college teacher. :hug:

livingwaters
Sep 3rd 2008, 01:30 AM
Hi Cat. I am praying for you, with you and others. The power of GOD is not to be taken lightly. HE, as you know, wants us to be transparent. Sometimes, that's hard to do. So, we have to say to our Father, OK, Lord, I'm casting my cares to you and humbling myself with your help. Thank you, LORD!:hug::pray::pray:

God Bless. You teach them kids who is in control.....THE LORD!!!!!:pp:pp

Redneck Charger
Sep 3rd 2008, 03:06 AM
Praying for you Coffecat..:pray:

Tanya~
Sep 3rd 2008, 04:53 AM
Praying for you!

Ashley274
Sep 3rd 2008, 05:24 AM
Praying for yoy CC :hug: :pray::pray:

ServantofTruth
Sep 3rd 2008, 11:02 AM
This topic shows that your reading is guided by God's Spirit within, rather than man's cleverness. God is actually 'speaking' through his Word, the bible. 'Head knowledge' is good, God's unchanging Wisdom/ Will much better.

You are in my prayers, and your family. But be kind to yourself. God spoke and you responded. That is maturing. Peace, SofTy.