PDA

View Full Version : Christian Podcasts?

Gentile
Sep 2nd 2008, 07:30 PM
Does anyone here listen to any? If so can you recommend a few good ones.

ilovemetal
Sep 2nd 2008, 07:38 PM
podcast is this new word i hear alot. dunno what the difference is between that and say, downloading a talk about a certain subject.

this site is good, http://www.veritas.org/ and has lots of good subjects. other than that, i'm also curious with you....

Bethany67
Sep 2nd 2008, 07:39 PM
I listen to John Piper, John MacArthur, a couple of the New Frontiers churches here in London and Brighton, Charles Stanley, Alistair Begg, RC Sproul, and Mark Driscoll from Mars Hill Seattle. I tried Ravi Zacharias but I just can't get on with his voice; it really grates on me.

I get it all from iTunes (you don't need an iPod to use iTunes); once you subscribe to a feed it'll download to your PC automatically. It's revolutionised my commute to and from work :)

Lorren
Sep 3rd 2008, 07:53 PM
My favorite podcasts are Way of the Master, Dave Ramsey (money from a Christian perspective), Dr. Randy Carlson's Intentional Living, Focus on the Family, Insight for Living, In Touch with Charles Stanley, Let My People Think (Ravi Zacharias), and Renewing Your Mind with R.C. Sproul. My old church also has a podcast on iTunes, Lighthouse Baptist Church.

I usually listen to Way of the Master while doing dishes, and if I have extra time, Dave Ramsey.

Jurell
Sep 3rd 2008, 08:28 PM
The Podcast I've been listing to is the "Cornerstone Chandler: The Mine". It's a bible study podcast, but it's A LOT more in depth than the traditional bible study... almost like a Seminary type Bible study

CoffeeCat
Sep 4th 2008, 01:29 AM
"Renewing Your Mind" - R.C. Sproul

"The Mars Hill Church" Podcast with Mark Driscoll

"Truth for Life" with Alistair Begg

"Desiring God" with John Piper

"The Christian Comedy Podcast": it's innundated with (Christian related) advertisements so it can keep running, but if you ignore those (if ads annoy you), it's good clean comedy by Christian comedians

"A Christian and an Atheist" -- two friends on opposite sides of the spectrum, Norton and Emery, have regular talks and debates on issues of faith. It's not what I'd call "inspirational". Sometimes it can be silly, sometimes it can be misinformed, but I listen to THIS one for the different perspective.

"The One Year Daily Audio Bible" is exactly what it says: daily, you listen to the Bible :)

The Max Lucado video podcasts

BornAgain Radio, BridgeFM, CMRadio The Light/The Spirit (two different programs).....ALL of these and waaaay more are available for free through iTunes radio!