PDA

View Full Version : interesting question

bondservant4him
Sep 3rd 2008, 02:10 AM
hi there brothers and sisters, i was wondering if it is wrong to pray to God to make a certain girl like you? is that like against the rules or something?:hmm:

jenn0889
Sep 3rd 2008, 03:19 AM
Well, God answers prayers when God feels it is something that will help you. Sometimes it becomes really easy to pray to God for him to give you things. However, God isnt like the tooth fairy. God answers prayers according to his well, so if you pray for it, it does not necessarily mean God will answer your prayer. However, he might have something different planned for you. It is hard sometimes to take a backseat and let God lead the way without asking for things your way. But I just have to remember, that God knows what hes doing.

Literalist-Luke
Sep 3rd 2008, 09:11 AM
As long as you are prepared to accept whatever His answer is, then you can pray for anything you want. :yes:

Duane Morse
Sep 3rd 2008, 11:00 AM
Pray to God to make (force) someone to like (or 'love') you?

Where does free will come into play (on the girls side - not your's)?

Yes - it is wrong.

I think you need to stop trying to control things (and other people, for your own simple pleasure), and just accept what God has in store for you.

mikeynash
Sep 3rd 2008, 11:05 AM
I agree its wrong to pray to force someone to like you. besides, infactuation can last between 3 minutes and 3 years, but love has to endure further.

My question to you is this, is this Girl who you are praying for her to like you... is it that she has already expressed that she doesn't like you or that you feel that you don't want to ask incase she doesn't?

Revinius
Sep 3rd 2008, 01:27 PM
The better prayer would be: "Bring me a Godly obedient girl who is on fire for you Lord, by your will and for your glory"

Huck
Sep 3rd 2008, 10:00 PM
Just focus on God and don't worry about getting girls or getting married and stuff. If God wants you to get married then you'll get married. But I guarantee you this, whatever God's plan for you is it is hundred times better than your plan. Don't worry about it just, "Acknowledge him in all your ways and he will direct your path."

God-Gave-R+R-2-U
Sep 10th 2008, 09:01 PM
hi there brothers and sisters, i was wondering if it is wrong to pray to God to make a certain girl like you? is that like against the rules or something?:hmm:

Well, 1st off, when you ask a question like that it is more often than not a "crush" that you're talking about. When people are young (most likely in some form of school) pretty much everyone will have a "crush" or sexual desire for another (physically) attractive person in or around their grade. I remember alot of people that were "crushes" back then that I can only smile about nowadays and instead of still hoping/praying that they'll "fall in love with me", I pray that they are now believers in Christ and have now found God. See, sometimes praying for another will hold a bigger reward than praying for yourself (especially at such a young age) for a "crush."

Overall, a Christian Woman (and possibly your future wife) should be more than just good looks. Having a "crush" on people in school might not lead you in the right direction and could lead you into the temptations of immoral thoughts/adulterous women. If you search for your future wife with patience, God will lead you in the direction of a faithful women that should provide you with good meals, love and pure children. A "crush" is simply just a "stranger" that quickly pulls you into thoughts of lust. I recommend NOT praying for that!:pray::B

Proverbs - 5:3-4 - "The lips of an immoral woman are as sweet as honey, and her mouth is smoother than oil. But the result is as bitter as poison, sharp as a double-edged sword."

Proverbs - 5:15-18 - "Drink water from your own well - share your love only with your wife. Why spill the water of your springs in public, having sex with just anyone? You should reserve it for yourselves. Don't share it with strangers. Let your wife be a fountain of blessing for you. Rejoice in the wife of your youth.":kiss:

lithiumx22
Sep 12th 2008, 05:21 AM

I think that God wants you to pray for everything and anything because it is important that we trust him with whatever it is that we need, but also we must always keep an open mind that God never gives us anything we dont need and if we dont get what we pray for we have nothing to do, but to trust him!

chaelarawr
Sep 16th 2008, 12:35 AM
I believe you cannot force someone into liking you, and God isn't going to exactly force this girl to like you. He can do many great things, and I am sure that he has someone special in mind for you. :D You just wait and see!

Revinius
Sep 16th 2008, 02:58 AM
I think that God wants you to pray for everything and anything because it is important that we trust him with whatever it is that we need, but also we must always keep an open mind that God never gives us anything we dont need and if we dont get what we pray for we have nothing to do, but to trust him!

We should not pray ungodly. If we start praying for everything in our selfish hearts we will become like the godless prosperity lot.

*Hope*
Sep 27th 2008, 12:25 AM

Pray instead that God will make you a man that a godly woman will like.