PDA

View Full Version : Information Geology and the Bible / Interesting Reading

beachboy
Sep 3rd 2008, 03:14 PM
http://www.kjvbible.org/

I read a lot of this and it is very interesting.

Has anybody else ?

Comments?

markedward
Sep 3rd 2008, 03:18 PM
It's a proponent of the Creation "gap" theory, and it's URL is "KJV Bible."

I haven't read it before, but that immediately makes me skeptical on how accurate its commentaries on the Bible will be, since the Creation-gap-theory didn't exist until a few hundred years after the KJV was even written, and only because it's based upon the misinterpretation of a single word.

If the site's main page leads the reader right into the Creation-gap-theory, I'm not going to put much stock in it.

The website also holds a KJV-onlyist type of view, which is incredibly faulty.

Semi-tortured
Sep 3rd 2008, 03:48 PM
Yeah, I read it. It seems to be the gap theory with the gap in a different spot than other gap theories I've read hypothesized. I suppose it's possible. I really don't know. It isn't a stretch to assume that there was something here before the six day creation began. But it seems to say, from what I read, that the earth was inhabited by angels and demons and then completely destroyed?

beachboy
Sep 3rd 2008, 03:58 PM
Yeah, I read it. It seems to be the gap theory with the gap in a different spot than other gap theories I've read hypothesized. I suppose it's possible. I really don't know. It isn't a stretch to assume that there was something here before the six day creation began. But it seems to say, from what I read, that the earth was inhabited by angels and demons and then completely destroyed?
What are the other gap theories ? It just seems that this reasoning all adds up from a scientific and scriptural point of view.

dispen4ever
Sep 3rd 2008, 05:17 PM
But it seems to say, from what I read, that the earth was inhabited by angels and demons and then completely destroyed?

Sort of a Noah's Ark experience? I think that it is possible and can be speculated about that disembodied beings were cast out of God's presence to the earth and then assumed various "bodily" forms, not necessarily human. I don't think that any harm is done in wondering about that ~~~ still I do not have the mind of Christ in the matter.

OldChurchGuy
Sep 3rd 2008, 05:25 PM
http://www.kjvbible.org/

I read a lot of this and it is very interesting.

Has anybody else ?

Comments?

Personally, I am suspicious of any website that touts the belief their translation of the Bible is exact or the most precise.

I am even more suspicious for a website that touts their interpretation of the scripture as though the interpretation is fact. Please note how many times the different pages have phrasing such as "we believe" or "it is our belief", etc. Precious few if any from what I saw.

Finally, there is the reality that we do not have any of the original manuscripts so a literal or non-literal interpretation is, at best, a guess.

Since the Bible is, to me anyway, a book of faith what is gained by trying to blend it with science?

Sounding too crochety for my own good I remain,

OldChurchGuy