PDA

View Full Version : Nodding of?

PeterJ
Sep 3rd 2008, 08:23 PM
Have you ever nod of? fallen asleep and you only notice you was sleeping when you woke up; is that called passing out?
Does that mean the body was soo tired it turned itself of for you?

Why is it soo easy to fall sleep if we watch a boring film? even though we sleep well that night and was not tired when we saw the film.

tt1106
Sep 3rd 2008, 08:27 PM
I am forced ot attend a certain committee meeting. I try to get the chair directly underneath the camera because it is a tele-conference. :idea:
It is usually a fight between a couple of us.

Sherrie
Sep 3rd 2008, 09:04 PM
my husband nods off in his recliner everytime he sits there for more than ten minutes!

Luke34
Sep 6th 2008, 06:21 AM
I fell asleep on a library couch this morning while reading the tedious Book III of The Republic.

historyb
Sep 6th 2008, 06:26 AM
I fell asleep in class once with my eys open, when I came to the professor was staring at me and I said "Yes" and he said that's right and continued from the question that I answered but never heard. :D

Jurell
Sep 6th 2008, 07:59 AM
Growing up, my church pastor put me to sleep faster than a bed time story. Great guy, but he could give Ben Stein a run for his money!

The current church I go to I have NEVER come close to nodding off. I've yawned a few times due to lack of sleep, but never come close to drifting off. I think it's because Pastor Lynn does not lecture or "preach"... I dunno... I guess the best way to put it is his sermons are more like a conversation.

Bethany67
Sep 6th 2008, 08:06 AM
I doze on the train home from work each night - 15 minutes nap. I never miss my stop and I've had a bit of a boost of energy for the evening.

Lynbob
Sep 8th 2008, 06:45 AM
I fell asleep in class once with my eys open, when I came to the professor was staring at me and I said "Yes" and he said that's right and continued from the question that I answered but never heard. :D
:lol:

Before I was diagnosed with sleep apnea I would often wake myself up snoring ;) And that was during the day!

historyb
Sep 15th 2008, 05:00 AM
reminds me of a gene authrey and pat buthram clip. Pat wakes up and gene looks up and says something and Pat (who was snoring very loud) says "I can't sleep somebody is snoring. " :D

trodder
Sep 15th 2008, 05:03 AM
I'm over 45, I'm allowed.