PDA

View Full Version : My Story...

jenn0889
Sep 4th 2008, 12:51 AM
For being under 20, I have had a lot of different things in my life, which have added up into the bigger picture.

I first met a girl at a park when I was just 6 years old. She was my age, and we played together every Saturday for a few weeks. Her Father, not skipping a beat went to my Dad and asked him if they could invite me to Sunday School. I admire my Dad, for he is always a supporter of allowing me to make my own decisions, even at a young age. So of course, I said yes. I mean, it meant I would have more time to play with my friend. So my Dad gave them our home address and they made up a special invitation for me asking me to come out for Sunday School.

That was the first time in my life I walked into a church when I wasnt forced to because of my Catholic School and there monthly masses. I continued to go to church. I heard the gospel message and accepted the Lord as my Saviour at 7, but I was not quite sure exactly what it was that I did.

Fast forward the story to the start of my teenage years. I just turned 13, and I was best friends with a school mate. We were inseperable. We lived around the block from each other and played with each other all the time. I invited her out to AWANA and sunday school, and she came a few times. Im certain she heard the gospel message. Well, one day, she didn't come to school. I called her and called her, and there was no answer. This went on for a week. I was pulled out of school early one day by my older sister I wasnt sure what was going on, but I was certain it wasnt good.

When I got home I was told that the body of my best friend was found, along with her mothers in there home, and that her father was responsible for there death. My best friend was murdered. I was so...shocked. I could not understand how something like this could happen. But as soon as it happened I could feel God comforting me. Something that could have caused me a lot of pain and depression in my teenage years was turned around. I felt Gods love pouring into me. I knew he felt my sadness, I knew he felt my fear, I knew he even felt my anger. My church community were essential in helping as they worked with me to help me out through this situation and came together as a family.

That is when I decided to fully recommit my life to Christ.

Just this past July I was Baptized. This starts a whole new chapter in my life with Christ, as well as new things to pray about.

My parents consented to my Baptism, but they did not attend. Please pray for my family as I am the only Christian in the family.

Thank you :)

Seeker of truth
Sep 4th 2008, 03:05 AM
How bittersweet :cry: I'm sorry for the loss of your friend but I'm thrilled that loss helped you to find the Lord :hug:

Timshel
Sep 11th 2008, 10:07 PM
Jenn, thank you for sharing your testimony. I will pray for you.

I had best friends too back in high school, I understand what you mean, it would have been devastating to me...But God saw to it a seed of love and His path was planted in you before that hurtful even touched you. God is truly amazing.

In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will. (Ephe 1:11)

I too used to be a Catholic, and I can understand you.

~Ana.