PDA

View Full Version : Who is Jesus?

arunangelo
Sep 4th 2008, 02:18 AM
Who is Jesus?
In faith we know that Jesus is God (John 8:58) in human form; because in Him we see the Spirit of God-which is pure love. He expressed His love by sacrificing His life, in order to compensate for the sins (Matthew 26:28) we committed against Him. He is the love which sends our inner being into ecstasy, the compassion that the eyes of a desperately needy person generates in us, and the mercy and forgiveness we show towards those who hurt us. We can accept Him and find peace by living His life. We can live His life by accepting Him as the only desire of our heart.

Ethnikos
Sep 4th 2008, 04:51 PM
This verse that you refer to does not prove that Jesus is god.
How often did the Jews misunderstand Jesus?
Jesus also said, at this time, that Abraham desired to see his time, and he did.
What Jesus is saying is that the “Savior” concept existed previously.
Jesus himself was not around, in a form that Abraham could see.
The Jews said Abraham was dead and Jesus said they were liars.
I would conclude that Abraham knew God and knew of God’s plan, and he believed.
So, that eternal life that Jesus said he was here to offer had been given to Abraham and he witnessed Jesus, in actuality.
Of course, the Sadducees were in hot dispute with the Pharisees over the resurrection and Paul later said, in trial, that the Jews wanted to kill him over this very dispute.
Jesus was using the simple version to indicate his existence, and not the form used to indicate the God, I AM.

apothanein kerdos
Sep 4th 2008, 04:58 PM
This verse that you refer to does not prove that Jesus is god.
How often did the Jews misunderstand Jesus?
Jesus also said, at this time, that Abraham desired to see his time, and he did.
What Jesus is saying is that the “Savior” concept existed previously.
Jesus himself was not around, in a form that Abraham could see.
The Jews said Abraham was dead and Jesus said they were liars.
I would conclude that Abraham knew God and knew of God’s plan, and he believed.
So, that eternal life that Jesus said he was here to offer had been given to Abraham and he witnessed Jesus, in actuality.
Of course, the Sadducees were in hot dispute with the Pharisees over the resurrection and Paul later said, in trial, that the Jews wanted to kill him over this very dispute.
Jesus was using the simple version to indicate his existence, and not the form used to indicate the God, I AM.

Heresy aside...

The passage is obviously saying that Jesus is eternal and existed as God before Abraham. Notice that he says, "before Abraham was [past tense], I am [present tense]." There is no doubt Jesus was referring to Himself as God.

How do you deal with John 1?

Ethnikos
Sep 4th 2008, 08:51 PM
Heresy aside...
The passage is obviously saying that Jesus is eternal and existed as God before Abraham. Notice that he says, "before Abraham was [past tense], I am [present tense]." There is no doubt Jesus was referring to Himself as God.
How do you deal with John 1?Thanks for starting your post by calling my thoughts heresy. Did you make yourself Pope to pass judgment?
Your argument seems to be based on bad grammar. So, by your logic,"in the case of bad grammar, I declare Jesus as God. So obvious."

Revelationtime
Sep 4th 2008, 08:56 PM
Who do you say Jesus is?

John 12:44-45

44 Then Jesus cried out and said, "He who believes in Me, believes not in Me but in Him who sent Me. 45 And he who sees Me sees Him who sent Me.

Isaiah 45-21-23

21 Tell and bring forth your case; Yes, let them take counsel together. Who has declared this from ancient time? Who has told it from that time? Have not I, the Lord? And there is no other God besides Me, A just God and a Savior; There is none besides Me.

22 "Look to Me, and be saved, All you ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other.

23 I have sworn by Myself; The word has gone out of My mouth in righteousness, And shall not return, That to Me every knee shall bow, Every tongue shall take an oath.

John 14:9

9 Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

Isaiah 9:6

6 For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

John 20:26-28

26 And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, "Peace to you!" 27 Then He said to Thomas, "Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing." 28 And Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"

So who is Jesus Christ according to the scriptures above?

Ethnikos
Sep 4th 2008, 09:11 PM
Who do you say Jesus is?

Someone who had been given the authority to bring into being the Kingdom of God.

apothanein kerdos
Sep 4th 2008, 09:44 PM
Thanks for starting your post by calling my thoughts heresy. Did you make yourself Pope to pass judgment?
Your argument seems to be based on bad grammar. So, by your logic,"in the case of bad grammar, I declare Jesus as God. So obvious."

No, it's simply a known fact that in the history of Christianity those who have denied the Deity of Christ have been considered heretics. The reason - and this just might be a guess - is because denying the Deity of Christ is heretical.

Secondly, it's not bad grammar at all. Anyone looking at the historical context into which Jesus was speaking can see this. Jesus is stating, bluntly, that before Abraham existed He existed. When probed further on this, He says, "I tell you the truth - before Abraham existed, I AM." Now notice what the Pharisees do immediately after He states this: They try to kill Him for [what they called] blasphemy. He equated Himself with God.

Again, what do you do with John 1? How do you deal with the fact that John is saying Jesus IS God?

dispen4ever
Sep 4th 2008, 10:02 PM
arunangelo, right on target. A mini-masterpiece!

dispen4ever
Sep 4th 2008, 10:04 PM
AAAAAAAMEN! Thanks for those scriptures, Revtime!

Ethnikos
Sep 4th 2008, 10:05 PM
No, it's simply a known fact that in the history of Christianity those who have denied the Deity of Christ have been considered heretics. The reason - and this just might be a guess - is because denying the Deity of Christ is heretical.

Secondly, it's not bad grammar at all. Anyone looking at the historical context into which Jesus was speaking can see this. Jesus is stating, bluntly, that before Abraham existed He existed. When probed further on this, He says, "I tell you the truth - before Abraham existed, I AM." Now notice what the Pharisees do immediately after He states this: They try to kill Him for [what they called] blasphemy. He equated Himself with God.

Again, what do you do with John 1? How do you deal with the fact that John is saying Jesus IS God?It is a fact that there was a state sponsored organization that went about declaring people heretics. Are you trying to make this an argument about the authority of the "Church"?
Jesus said Abraham desired to see his day, he did, and was glad.
You must be using a different version of the Bible than I am. My Bible says they picked up stones and Jesus hid himself. End of chapter.
John 1 is not the topic of this thread. I am stating that John 8:56, quoted by the original poster, is not proof that Jesus is God.

Revelationtime
Sep 4th 2008, 10:46 PM
I would like to expand a little on these scriptures......

Who do you say Jesus is?

John 12:44-45

44 Then Jesus cried out and said, "He who believes in Me, believes not in Me but in Him who sent Me. 45 And he who sees Me sees Him who sent Me.

Jesus is making it clear here you are NOT ALLOWED to believe in him unless you understand something else about him. That is that the one who sent him is in fact the same one you see when you look at Jesus. Jesus is God Almighty the Father. I will speak about what Jesus said about the Father being greater than he in a moment.

Isaiah 45-21-23

21 Tell and bring forth your case; Yes, let them take counsel together. Who has declared this from ancient time? Who has told it from that time? Have not I, the Lord? And there is no other God besides Me, A just God and a Savior; There is none besides Me.

Jesus is a just God and Savior and it states there is no GOD or Savior besides the God of Israel. Since this is Jewish scripture then Jesus is either God and Savior or not. If this scripture is true and we know it is then Jesus is God Almighty the creator and our Father. John 1 makes that clear as well.

22 "Look to Me, and be saved, All you ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other.

Once agian God declares there is no God but the God of Israel

23 I have sworn by Myself; The word has gone out of My mouth in righteousness, And shall not return, That to Me every knee shall bow, Every tongue shall take an oath.

Notice above God said he has sworn by himself and to him every knee shall bow. If every knee is going to bow to Jesus then Jesus has to be God Almighty our Father.

John 14:9

9 Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

Isaiah 9:6

6 For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

John 20:26-28

26 And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, "Peace to you!" 27 Then He said to Thomas, "Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing." 28 And Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"

Jesus is God the Father the creator, but when Jesus became flesh he came as a son with no more power than Adam had before the fall. Adam had great authority and wisdom with God in the garden until he fell.

Jesus had to pass the test Adam failed to redeem us which was temptation and obedience. If Jesus had used his power as God rather than limit himself to no more power than Adam had before the fall then Lucifer would have known who Jesus was and from God's point of view it would have been cheating.

When Jesus said he considered it robbery to be considered equal to God he did mean it. Even though Jesus was the Father he was operating with only the power Adam had as a son before the fall. Any other power Jesus manifested he attested to the Father's work.

The Holy spirit also spoke out of heaven saying concerning Jesus, " This is my beloved Son in whom I'm well pleased."

Jesus also said " The father is greater than I."

Jesus knew he had to die for us in order to redeem us legally, Jesus also knew he had to keep hidden the fullness of who he was until all was fulfilled, but Jesus gave us clues everywhere who he was.

When Jesus died on the Cross for us he died as a real son of God because he limited himself in power to that of a son, but when Jesus rose for our justification he no longer had to hide who he was.

Peter said you are the son of the living God, and Jesus affirmed that without correction to Peter.

Years later doubting Thomas said MY LORD AND MY GOD and Jesus did not correct him.

Before Jesus had accended he said to Mary " Do not touch me Mary for I have not yet accended to the Father.

Later he said to Thomas, put your hand in my side and touch my wound and be believing, not faithless.

The scriptures declare that no one can say Jesus is Lord (with faith & understanding) without the Holy Spirit.

The Word Lord in the greek is Kurios, it is as Thomas spoke it. It does not mean Lord Churchill or some knighted person from England. It means LORD as in God Almighty.

So the scripture is true, " No one can say Jesus Christ is God Almighty (LORD) except by the Holy Spirit. That is what that scripture really means. No one can say Jesus is God except by the Holy Spirit.

If you say Jesus is Lord of Lords and King of Kings then what you are really saying is that Jesus is God above all Gods King above kings. So be the truth Amen and Forever Amen.

I praise you Father Jesus Father God

Ethnikos
Sep 4th 2008, 11:10 PM
Jesus is God the Father the creator, but when Jesus became flesh he came as a son with no more power than Adam had before the fall. Adam had great authority and wisdom with God in the garden until he fell.
Jesus had to pass the test Adam failed to redeem us which was temptation and obedience. If Jesus had used his power as God rather than limit himself to no more power than Adam had before the fall then Lucifer would have known who Jesus was and from God's point of view it would have been cheating.
When Jesus said he considered it robbery to be considered equal to God he did mean it. Even though Jesus was the Father he was operating with only the power Adam had as a son before the fall. Any other power Jesus manifested he attested to the Father's work.
The Holy spirit also spoke out of heaven saying concerning Jesus, " This is my beloved Son in whom I'm well pleased."
Jesus also said " The father is greater than I."
Jesus knew he had to die for us in order to redeem us legally, Jesus also knew he had to keep hidden the fullness of who he was until that was fulfilled. But Jesus gave us clues everywhere who he was.
When Jesus died on the Cross he died as a real son of God for us because he limited himself in power to that of a son, but when Jesus rose for our justification he no longer had to hide who he was.
Peter said you are the son of the living God, and Jesus affirmed that without correction to Peter.
Years doubting Thomas said MY LORD AND MY GOD and Jesus did not correct him.
Before Jesus had accended he said to Mary " Do not touch me Mary for I have not yet accended to the Father.
Later he said to Thomas, put your hand in my side and touch my wound and be believing, not faithless.
The scriptures declare that no one say Jesus is Lord (with faith & understanding) without the Holy Spirit.
The Word Lord in the greek is Kurios, it is as Thomas spoke. It does not mean Lord Churchill or some knight person from England. It means LORD as in God Almighty.
So the scripture is true, " Non One can say Jesus Christ is God Almighty (LORD) except by the Holy Spirit. That is what that scripture really means.
If you say Jesus is Lord of Lords and King of Kings then what you are saying is that Jesus is God above all God King above kings. So be the truth Amen and Forever Amen.
I praise you Father Jesus Father God
You say in your post, "Jesus also knew he had to keep hidden the fullness of who he was until that was fulfilled." Did he do that? reveal his fullness. Did he go to his disciples, after rising from the dead, and tell them, "Now I can tell you the truth, I am God." Somehow that must have been left out of the Gospels.
Funny no one is calling you a heretic for espousing non-orthodox theology. This theory of yours does not conform with the sanctioned view of the Trinity. This sounds like some form of Pentecostal "Oneness" view of the nature of God. I believe in the Bible and my Bible says Jesus was born of the young woman, Mary. My understanding of the scripture does not show a pre-existence of Jesus, before he was born.
Help yourself if you feel it necessary to worship Jesus but I do not go along with this idea that Jesus the Son is one and the same as God the Father.

dispen4ever
Sep 5th 2008, 12:05 AM
Preach it, bro Revtime. Shout it from the housetops, proclaim it in the city streets! Do you do speaking engagements?

keck553
Sep 5th 2008, 12:59 AM
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 He was with God in the beginning.
Joh 1:3 All things came to be through him, and without him nothing made had being.

Case closed.

apothanein kerdos
Sep 5th 2008, 01:10 AM
It is a fact that there was a state sponsored organization that went about declaring people heretics. Are you trying to make this an argument about the authority of the "Church"?

Prior to 325 the orthodox position was still that Jesus was God and anyone denying that position was not a true Christian. That is the orthodox and Biblical position to hold in the modern era.

Jesus said Abraham desired to see his day, he did, and was glad.
You must be using a different version of the Bible than I am. My Bible says they picked up stones and Jesus hid himself. End of chapter.

So they wanted to kill Him for a misunderstanding? He was just saying, "Abraham was looking forward to this time" and the Pharisees just misunderstood Him? For someone who is supposedly wise, why didn't He just say, "Whoa whoa whoa, guys, there is no need to stone me, I'm not really claiming equality with God, you misunderstood me!"

John 1 is not the topic of this thread. I am stating that John 8:56, quoted by the original poster, is not proof that Jesus is God.

That's quite deceptive. The topic of the thread is that Jesus is God. John 8:56 was just used as partial evidence. Nice try to slip out of it, but again, how do you deal with John 1?

Also, shouldn't you change your status to "not a Christian" since you deny the Deity of Christ and the Virgin conception?

keck553
Sep 5th 2008, 01:14 AM
Then ignore John 1. Jesus is revealed in the first "Bet" of Genesis 1:1.

The Parson
Sep 5th 2008, 01:44 AM
My goodness ya'll... Why not go to the very scripture in the New Testament that tells up plainly who Jesus was???

Matthew 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. 1:22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Now, some in this thread seem to be heading in the direction of denying who the Savior is, was, and ever will be. Knock it off. When you picked the Yes I am a Christian choice on registering, I would have hoped you read the definition this board goes by... If not, we may need to discuss the matter...

Definition of "Are you a Christian?" in profile

For the purpose of posting as Christian on this board, we believe:

A Christian is a follower of Jesus of Nazareth, referred to as Christ or Messiah. Christians believe Jesus to be the only Son of God, who lived a sinless life. He is eternal, uncreated God, and has always been and will always be God, the creator of the universe. At the end of his earthly life He was crucified, on the third day He rose from the dead, and later ascended into heaven.

Christians further believe that Jesus alone offers salvation, and that it is only possible through and by Him. Apart from Jesus Christ, there is no salvation. Ephesians 2:8-9 states that "It is by grace you have been saved, through faith, and that not of yourselves it is the gift of God that no one should boast". Humans cannot save themselves through good works, only Jesus can save them. Good works, however, are a result of living according to the Word of God.

Christians identify themselves as monotheistic, believing that there is one God.Are we clear on this?

The Parson
Sep 5th 2008, 02:03 AM
I knew I couldn't just leave it alone at that... Consider the following scriptures.

Collosians 2:6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: 2:7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Fullness of the Godhead indeed. God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Ghost. In other words, beware (watch out) cause someone may try to convince you otherwise!

daughter
Sep 5th 2008, 04:36 PM
Thanks for starting your post by calling my thoughts heresy. Did you make yourself Pope to pass judgment?
It's not bad grammar. Are you saying that Jesus was confused and incorrect in His speech? If it was just a bit of a mental stutter, why did His hearers try to kill Him? Because they believed He had blasphemed. They understood Him (even if you don't) whether they believed Him or not.

Jesus IS God - then and now and always. You can't write off moments where it's blatantly obvious with "bad grammar!"

Ethnikos
Sep 7th 2008, 02:23 PM
It's not bad grammar. Are you saying that Jesus was confused and incorrect in His speech? If it was just a bit of a mental stutter, why did His hearers try to kill Him? Because they believed He had blasphemed. They understood Him (even if you don't) whether they believed Him or not.

Jesus IS God - then and now and always. You can't write off moments where it's blatantly obvious with "bad grammar!"
The disciples asked Jesus, please show us the Father and he said, have I not been with you all this time.
I hope I did not cause any misunderstanding on this thread.

theBelovedDisciple
Sep 8th 2008, 05:33 PM
Jesus the Christ is God... He's God in the flesh... He was God before He came to this earth and put on flesh.... and He's God now .. Seated at the Right Hand of the Father.. ABOVE...all principalites and powers...these being made SUBJECT unto Him..... When He tabernacled here in the flesh.. at no time did He lose His diety or have it taken away from Him...

Before Abraham was I AM..... This statement from Him is what irritated and infuriated the religous leaders of His day... they're blinders were on and their hearts were hardened... but those called .. Knew and believed He was the Messiah... as it is today... They even accused Jesus of being born out of sin... referring to Mary and her pregnancy before wedlock.. these leaders not Knowing that God had stepped out of Eternity in the Person of Jesus the Christ..and stepped into time to Visit His own.... but they 'knew not'.. nor 'believed not'.. but spued Venom and accusations as Jesus told them to their face... ''doing the deeds of your father the Devil''...

God has always 'been'... and He never changes......this includes Jesus the Christ who is God in the flesh...

Just a Door Keeper
Sep 8th 2008, 06:48 PM
1 Tim.3:16 "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: GOD WAS MANIFEST IN THE FLESH...."

John 8:24 "I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I AM ye shall die in your sins."

Isaiah 9:6 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given......:" The eternal Sonship of Christ is an important doctrine, notice the Son was given!!

John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." v14 "And the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us."

1John 4:3 "And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God...."

Enoch365
Sep 10th 2008, 04:15 PM
This proof consists of the following:

(A) Proof that the Lord Jesus Christ is a God
(B) Proof that there is only One God, that is, God
(C) Conclusion: Christ is This One God, that is, He is God

(A) Christ Is a God

(1) (Rom. 9:5): St. Paul the Apostle said in his discourse
about the Jews: "and from whom, according to the flesh,
Christ came, who is over all, the eternally blessed God
Amen. " The phrase 'over al' gives power to Christ's
Divinity; He is not God of certain people only, as the
pagan gods are. And the expression 'eternally' signifies
the continuity of His worship and the infinity of His Divinity.
(2) (Jn. 20:28): When Thomas said to the Lord: "My Lord
and my God!" the Lord Jesus Christ accepted the title and
reproached Thomas for believing only after seeing when
he should have believed without seeing.
(3) (Jn. 1: 1): "In the beginning was the Word, and the
Word was with God, and the Word was God " Although
Jehovah's Witnesses, in their heterodoxy, say: 66 and the
Word was a God", yet they do not deny the
Divinity of Christ and consider Him second to Jehovah. In
order not to enter into translation controversies with them,
we say that their mere belief that He is a God leads to the
fact that He is God, because there is only One God.
(4) (Matt. 1:23): The angel was referring to Isaiah's
prophecy: "'Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and bear a
Son, and they shall call His name Emmanuel'. Which is
translated, 'God with us"' (Is. 7:14). The fact that Christ is
'God with us' is an obvious profession of His Divinity. That
is why the prophet Isaiah explains this meaning when he
says:
(5) (Is. 9:6): "For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is
given; and the government will be upon His shoulder. And
His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty
God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace" (v.6). It is
probably the phrase 'Mighty God in this verse that has
made Jehovah's Witnesses say that Christ is a Mighty
God, although in their opinion, He is not God. Strangely
enough, this verse is from the Book of Isaiah in which the
clauses: "I am the Lord and there is no other; there is no
God besides Me" are repeated many times
(Is.45:5,6,21,22).
(6) (Heb.1:7,8): When St. Paul the Apostle explained how
the Lord Jesus Christ is greater than the angels, he said:
"And of the angels He says: 'Who makes His angels
spirits and His ministers aflame offire. 'But to the Son He
says: 'Your throne, O God, is forever and ever. ' " St. Paul
quoted this verse from Psalm 45, verse 6, where the
reference to the Divinity of Christ is very clear.
(7) (1 Tim.3:16): "And without controversy great is the
mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh,
justified in the Spirit, seen by angels, preached among
the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up in
glory. " It is obvious, from this verse, that Christ is God
who was manifested in the flesh. But the heresy of
Jehovah's Witnesses presents another translation: "Great
is the mystery of godliness which was manifested in the
flesh", which is incompatible with the continuation of the
same verse. Because how could the mystery of godliness
be seen by angels? Or how was it received up in glory?
Was it not Christ who was seen by angels, ascended to
heaven in glory, preached among the Gentiles and
believed on in the world? However, the theological facts
are not based upon one verse: (I Tim.3:16) is similar to
another verse:
(8) (Col 2:9): St. Paul the Apostle says about the Lord
Jesus Christ: "For in Him dwells all the fullness of the
Godhead bodily." The phrase "all the fullness of the
Godhead' adds to the power of this verse. If all the
fullness of the Godhead dwells in the Lord Jesus Christ,
then He lacks nothing and He is God, and there is no
other God but Him, because there is nothing outside the
fullness. The expression 'bodily' signifies that This
Godhead took a body or was manifested in the flesh as
the previous verse (1 Tim.3:16) explains, and as is
explained in the following verse:
(9) (Acts 20:28): "Therefore take heed to yourselves and
to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you
overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He
purchased with His own blood" It is known that God is
Spirit (Jn.4:24) and a spirit has no blood. So, God did not
purchase the Church with His blood unless He had taken
flesh and sacrificed His blood for her. Here, we reach the
same meaning of "God was manifested in the flesh".

(B) There is only One God ...

http://www.copticchurch.net/topics/theology/divinity_of_christ_pope_shenouda.pdf

ConqueredbyLove
Sep 10th 2008, 04:29 PM
Who is Jesus?
In faith we know that Jesus is God (John 8:58) in human form; because in Him we see the Spirit of God-which is pure love. He expressed His love by sacrificing His life, in order to compensate for the sins (Matthew 26:28) we committed against Him. He is the love which sends our inner being into ecstasy, the compassion that the eyes of a desperately needy person generates in us, and the mercy and forgiveness we show towards those who hurt us. We can accept Him and find peace by living His life. We can live His life by accepting Him as the only desire of our heart.

This is such a sweet post :kiss: