PDA

View Full Version : If I ask you...

Ta-An
Sep 4th 2008, 06:00 PM
If I ask you to tell me the good news of the Gospel in less than 300 words, what would you say to me :hmm:

calidog
Sep 4th 2008, 06:15 PM
Christ died and rose on the third day, believe on Him and you will never die.

DeadToSelf
Sep 4th 2008, 06:18 PM
CHRIST JESUS, SON OF GOD, was sent into the world in the image of sinful flesh, yet did not sin, and was crucified for the sake of all humans that the wrath would not fall upon all those who call on HIS name. HE raised on the third day and was seated at the right hand of power and glory.

markedward
Sep 4th 2008, 07:05 PM
God sent His Son, named Jesus. Jesus was born for the purpose of redeeming people from their sins. Jesus Himself was sinless. Jesus had a group of disciples. Jesus taught the truth about God and His kingdom. The religious people in power saw Jesus as a threat to their power. One of the disciples betrayed Jesus and helped Him to be arrested by the religious people. Jesus was sentenced to death and was crucified. Jesus died on the cross. Jesus was buried in the earth for three days. After the third day, Jesus rose from the dead. Jesus ascended to heaven. The death and resurrection of Jesus is the foundation for mankind's salvation. Believing wholeheartedly that Jesus is the savior of mankind and that He takes away man's sins brings salvation.

Vhayes
Sep 4th 2008, 07:24 PM
John 3
16 - "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
17 - "For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.
18 - "He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

SoldierOfChrist
Sep 4th 2008, 07:30 PM
John 3
16 - "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
17 - "For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.
18 - "He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Ditto!

Michael

Partaker of Christ
Sep 4th 2008, 08:10 PM
If I ask you to tell me the good news of the Gospel in less than 300 words, what would you say to me :hmm:

Are you a Jew or a Greek?

1Co 1:22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
1Co 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

Emanate
Sep 4th 2008, 08:46 PM

1Co 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

That would be an odd answer to the OP question. Are you sure that would give understanding of the gospel?

ananias
Sep 4th 2008, 09:02 PM
The reason why most people don't know God is because sin - which is breaking God's Law of love - separates all people from God, and sin begins in the heart - the desires, motives and thoughts.

God is 100% just - He must punish sin, but He is also 100% merciful. What does God do?

Long before Jesus came into the world, God said of Him,

"All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned, each one to his own way; and the LORD has laid on Him the iniquity of us all." (Isa.53: 6).

"For He has made Him who knew no sin, to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." (2Cor.5: 21).

That is why the Bible says, "

"For by grace you are saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast." (Eph.2: 8-9).

We only have to turn away from rebellion against God TO God, and to believe in and trust in Jesus for our salvation - that's easy - you simply tell Him you believe and ask Him to come into your heart.

Sold Out
Sep 4th 2008, 09:14 PM

1. You are a sinner (Rom 3:23)
2. You can't be good enough to get to heaven (Isa 64:6; Rom 3:10)
3. Your sin is bad enough to send you to hell. (Rom 6:23, Rev 20:14,15)

GOSPEL (I Corinthians 15:1-4)

1) Jesus died for your sins, proving man cannot save himself (Eph 2:8,9; Titus 3:5)
2. Jesus was buried, proving the the price for sin was paid in full. (Rom 6:23a)
3. Jesus rose from the dead, proving He was, is and always will be God. (Romans 1:4)

Salvation is a gift (Eph 2:8,9)that Jesus paid for, and all one must do to be saved is reach out and accept that gift by calling on Jesus to save them. (Rom 10:9-13)

Scruffy Kid
Sep 4th 2008, 10:04 PM
ACCM has posed a GREAT question, which has received some great answers!

I'm still thinking about it.

Lively Stone can speak for him or herself, but -- Emanate -- I don't think LS was giving an answer to ACCM's request, but rather asking a question of her, something that one might want to know before replying.

That is, as I understood it LS was saying it's a bit hard to know what a good presentation of the gospel would be unless you know who you're talking to. What might work for people of one type would not work for another. In the ancient world, you could start in a different place with Jews (who share many assumptions with the Gospel) than with Greeks. Thus Paul's presentation to the Athenians, in Acts, starts by explaining that there is one God who made all things. That'd be superfluous talking to Jews because they already know that. With Greeks, it's essential because they may not grasp that "God" is not just one of the greek "gods". So how one presents Jesus -- how He presented himself and how the apostles presented Him -- partly depends on how to reach the mind of specific hearers. Thus, knowing the audience one's speaking to might have an important effect on one's approach.

It's that point -- which I think LS was making (concisely, wittily, and incisively) -- that is partly causing me to continue to think over how I would reply to ACCM's query.

DeadToSelf
Sep 4th 2008, 10:04 PM

Hahahaha I just read that several minutes ago with my time with GOD. Interesting.

Priase be to the LORD! The KING of kings.

Partaker of Christ
Sep 4th 2008, 10:44 PM
ACCM has posed a GREAT question, which has received some great answers!

I'm still thinking about it.

Lively Stone can speak for him or herself, but -- Emanate -- I don't think LS was giving an answer to ACCM's request, but rather asking a question of her, something that one might want to know before replying.

That is, as I understood it LS was saying it's a bit hard to know what a good presentation of the gospel would be unless you know who you're talking to. What might work for people of one type would not work for another. In the ancient world, you could start in a different place with Jews (who share many assumptions with the Gospel) than with Greeks. Thus Paul's presentation to the Athenians, in Acts, starts by explaining that there is one God who made all things. That'd be superfluous talking to Jews because they already know that. With Greeks, it's essential because they may not grasp that "God" is not just one of the greek "gods". So how one presents Jesus -- how He presented himself and how the apostles presented Him -- partly depends on how to reach the mind of specific hearers. Thus, knowing the audience one's speaking to might have an important effect on one's approach.

It's that point -- which I think LS was making (concisely, wittily, and incisively) -- that is partly causing me to continue to think over how I would reply to ACCM's query.

Hi Scruffy Kid!

I have just recovered my user name from Lively Stone.

That is exactly what I meant.

The Jews know about the one true God. They know about sin, the penalty of sin, forgivness and the need of the promise of a Saviour.

They know the foundation and the path, but Christ Jesus became a stumbling block along that path.

The Greeks however knew many gods, and to them this gospel is foolishness. They have no foundation, and have no clue about what sin is. Having a temple prostitute was a way of honouring their gods.

livingwaters
Sep 4th 2008, 11:21 PM
Promise: God loves you.
Reality: We all struggle with sin.
Answer: Jesus said, "Repent and believe in the Good News. Mark 1:15

Jesus loved you so much, He was willing to die for you, even though He didn't deserve to die. Jesus died so He could bring you to God. Jesus died to remove your sins and He rose agian, so He might give you eternal life.

You: It's not enough to know God loves you. It's not enough to admit you're a sinner. It's not enough to know that Jesus is the answer for your struggle with sin. YOU have to take ACTION!!!!!

"If YOU confess with YOUR mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and YOU believe in YOUR heart that God raised Him from the dead, YOU will be saved." Romans 10:9

That's enough!!!!!

Amen!!!!:pp:pp

ProjectPeter
Sep 5th 2008, 01:18 AM
I would ask for at least 300 more words. :D

Ta-An
Sep 5th 2008, 09:48 AM
No PP, I suffer from ADD, after 300 words you lose my attention span :monkeyd:

Thank you for the answers so far..... :pp

BroRog
Sep 5th 2008, 02:50 PM
Death robs life of everything meaningful. Death is not only the loss of biological viability, it is the principle of this world that works against human flourishing. Death works against human relations, causing enmity, strife, and war. We find the dissolution and decay of marriage relations, parent-child relations, social relations, business relations, and international relations. Everywhere we look we see decay, dissonance, and discord.

Death renders life meaningless. The wise and the fool both end up in the grave. What did his wisdom profit him? The good and the evil both end up in the grave. What did his goodness profit him? The hard worker and the sloth both end up in the grave. What did his hard work profit him?

Good news. Jesus will conquer death.

ProjectPeter
Sep 6th 2008, 01:05 AM
No PP, I suffer from ADD, after 300 words you lose my attention span :monkeyd:

Thank you for the answers so far..... :pp
You never let me have any fun!!! ;) I'll respond though later. Have only half a day planned tomorrow then I am chilling out a bit! :D

karenoka27
Sep 6th 2008, 01:11 AM
Only you! :lol:

Gospel in 300 words or less:

You are a sinner
Jesus Christ was not and is not.
God is Holy
You can't come before a Holy Sinless God because you sin
You can't pay the price that needs to be paid for your sin
Jesus Christ came to do what you couldn't.
He paid the price called for by a Just and Holy God...Death.
He died for you. God was satisfied. Penalty had been paid.
All He asks of you is that you admit that you are a sinner and surrender your life to Him and believe that He is the Only Way to the Father!

All in under 102 words.http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/style_emoticons/default/whew.gif

dispen4ever
Sep 6th 2008, 01:41 AM
John 3

Ditto, plus the Roman Road.

SIG
Sep 6th 2008, 05:55 AM
Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and He was buried, and He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures. --1 Cor. 15

RoadWarrior
Sep 6th 2008, 03:28 PM
Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and He was buried, and He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures. --1 Cor. 15

Ditto.

Love this thread!

Ta-An
Sep 7th 2008, 10:48 AM
I am waiting for Scruff and PP to reply before I go ahead ;)

Joe D
Sep 7th 2008, 12:58 PM
How about in 4 words.

The Messiah has come

FaithfulSheep
Sep 7th 2008, 02:21 PM
300 words or less... here we go...

All have sinned. Jesus, Godís sinless Son came to earth in flesh to save us from our sins. Confess Jesus as Lord, turn from sin, and give your life to Him and you shall have eternal life. Those who do not shall be judged.

valleybldr
Sep 7th 2008, 02:57 PM
If I ask you to tell me the good news of the Gospel in less than 300 words, what would you say to me :hmm: Great thread. I love to see how long it goes until someone incorporates what was commony understood by those who lived over the hundreds of years prior to the Messiah's first coming and on up into the first century after His death.

todd

Ta-An
Sep 7th 2008, 03:22 PM
Great thread. I love to see how long it goes until someone incorporates what was commony understood by those who lived over the hundreds of years prior to the Messiah's first coming and on up into the first century after His death.

todd :idea:
So were is your 300 words ;)

valleybldr
Sep 7th 2008, 04:18 PM
:idea:
So were is your 300 words ;) I can do it in a long sentence but I'm waiting for the magic word to appear. http://www.emoticonking.com/emoticons/winking/004-[Winking]-[EmoticonKing.com].gif (http://www.emoticonking.com/emoticons/winking/download.php?file=004-[Winking]-[EmoticonKing.com].gif) todd

Debra R
Sep 7th 2008, 04:49 PM

Good news! God loves you!

God loves you so much that He sent His Son to die on the cross for your sin and mine. We have all sinned. There is none who is righteous no not one. The penalty for sin is death. Eternal separation from God. But God who loves you so much, paid the penalty Himself so you don't have to. By placing your sin upon Jesus on the cross, He was crucified and died. Yet He arose from the grave on the third day. He lives so that you may live.

The Lord God is calling you. He says, turn to Me that you may live and have eternal life. Acknowledge that you are a sinner. Confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus. Believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead and you will be saved.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life.

Dear one, God loves you. :hug:

Debra R
Sep 7th 2008, 04:53 PM

What Karen said, Only you! :lol: :D