PDA

View Full Version : Would you go?



Jeanne D
Sep 5th 2008, 01:54 AM
A few years ago I met a wonderful young christian girl online.
Long story short, she got married, had a baby girl and then it was discovered she had cancer. Last Aug 07, she went home to be with the Lord.
Since then her mom and I have been speaking on the phone 1-2 times a week.

Anyway we have finally arranged to meet at a central location this coming Saturday, however the entire area is under a tropical storm watch.
From what the forecasters are saying, there will be heavy rains and high winds.
Naturally I don't think it would be wise to attempt this meeting (72 miles) under these conditions, but she doesn't think it'll be any problem.
Of course we won't really know until Saturday gets here.
My husband is doing the driving and says it's my call, he would be willing to drive in that weather.

I feel almost silly for asking this, but would you attempt a trip under these conditions, or do you think I'm making a big deal of it?

Oh.. we can always meet another Saturday.

Jeanne

cnw
Sep 5th 2008, 01:57 AM
I think I wuold meet on another Sat. What a blessing that you know there will be better weather and you will enjoy your visit more without the stress of safety.

CoffeeCat
Sep 5th 2008, 02:52 AM
I'd wait for another Saturday. No sense you driving in a bad rainstorm, and her too -- you BOTH need to stay safe. You for your family, her for her precious granddaughter. If I knew a bad storm was coming in that I had to drive through, I'd reschedule for, say, the Saturday after if possible... and if you DO reschedule, enjoy the bad-weather-free day. :) If you do decide to drive though, please be safe. :hug:

karenoka27
Sep 5th 2008, 02:55 AM
I know it sounds cliche' but pray. Ask the Lord to make it clear to you if you should wait or go now. He can control the direction of the wind or the amount of rain that falls. If He leads you to go, then you can now that He will go before you.:hug:

Soulangel
Sep 5th 2008, 10:26 AM
You must be soooo very excited to finally have a time and place to meet that any type of weather conditions would be becoming secondary to your yes or no decision - on both of your parts!!:D It would be like two girls from school not having seen each other for a couple of decades, old souls meeting again, because you have such common ground in a very deep emotional area.

Now comes the crunch:dunno: You both need to do as Karen above suggested, be in prayer, because He is the one in control of the wind and the waves and He will go before you. Remember also that He knows what decision both of you are going to make:D so He's not going to be surprised and will look after you both.

God bless you both, protect you both, and uplift you in His strength as you take the next step in your relationship :amen: