PDA

View Full Version : Information Preaching the Word boldly and Without Apology!

poochie
Sep 5th 2008, 07:08 AM
Praise the Lord for the many many Bible preaching Fundamental and Evangelical brethren that preach the word without apology. Unfortunately in my experience many evangelical and charismatic brethren do not preach the word boldly and without apology. But those that do I praise. Most Fundamental brethren
are much better at preaching the clear word of God, praise the Lord for them!

This is my opinion and I hope I have not offended anyone by it. But regardless the Word of God offends, as the Bible clearly says so. Below are a few verses I hope to encourage you with on bold bible preaching.

--
All quoted from the King James Version (KJV)

Eph 3:8-Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

Ps 39:3-My heart was hot within me, while I was musing the fire burned: then spake I with my tongue,

Jer 20:9-Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay .

1 Cor 2:2-5-For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. 3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling. 4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: 5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

graceforme
Sep 5th 2008, 10:39 AM
Praise the Lord for the many many Bible preaching Fundamental and Evangelical brethren that preach the word without apology. Unfortunately in my experience many evangelical and charismatic brethren do not preach the word boldly and without apology. But those that do I praise. Most Fundamental brethren

This is my opinion and I hope I have not offended anyone by it. But regardless the Word of God offends, as the Bible clearly says so. Below are a few verses I hope to encourage you with on bold bible preaching.

--

Eph 3:8-Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

Ps 39:3-My heart was hot within me, while I was musing the fire burned: then spake I with my tongue,

Jer 20:9-Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay .

1 Cor 2:2-5-For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. 3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling. 4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: 5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

You are so right. I don't know about the difference between evangelical vs. charismatic vs. fundamental churches, but there are many preachers (from many different denominations) in the world who simply tell the people what they want to hear - when they refer to the "good news" they're talking about going along with the world's agenda - make everyone feel good about themselves and how they are living their lives. I wonder how they will make out at judgment day. It's almost like they think that by preaching it their way they can change the truth. Like you said - not so. The truth is the truth, no matter how they try to mask it or change it.

Good post.

threebigrocks
Sep 5th 2008, 02:42 PM

--

Passion for preaching God's word is 1 thing. That is admirable! We need to make sure it isn't all cutting all the time, but present a whole view of what scripture is. Addressing the scripture where it's speaking of correction, condemnation and direction is wonderful. But if we only preach and expound on that we leave out the most glorious thing - love, grace, mercy. They go hand in hand.

I know that I couldn't sit under teaching that only cuts all the time. We can have that through the Spirit if we heed Him. We need to be fed for growth that we find when we are corrected and scripture and conviction cuts into us. The Word needs to be preached, but it needs to be preached wholly and not just with what breaks us down. It builds up too.

always
Sep 5th 2008, 03:45 PM
Passion for preaching God's word is 1 thing. That is admirable! We need to make sure it isn't all cutting all the time, but present a whole view of what scripture is. Addressing the scripture where it's speaking of correction, condemnation and direction is wonderful. But if we only preach and expound on that we leave out the most glorious thing - love, grace, mercy. They go hand in hand.

I know that I couldn't sit under teaching that only cuts all the time. We can have that through the Spirit if we heed Him. We need to be fed for growth that we find when we are corrected and scripture and conviction cuts into us. The Word needs to be preached, but it needs to be preached wholly and not just with what breaks us down. It builds up too.

Matt 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

I agree we must build others up, but wouldn't that be after they have accepted Jesus. Of course everything we do and say must be in love considering our ownselves

Alaska
Sep 5th 2008, 05:33 PM
Praise the Lord for the many many Bible preaching Fundamental and Evangelical brethren that preach the word without apology. Unfortunately in my experience many evangelical and charismatic brethren do not preach the word boldly and without apology.

Please explain what you mean when you write, "without apology".

threebigrocks
Sep 5th 2008, 06:33 PM
Matt 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

I agree we must build others up, but wouldn't that be after they have accepted Jesus. Of course everything we do and say must be in love considering our ownselves

I am not saying that our faith cannot cause Matthew 10:35 to happen. It does happen.

We can't solely preach condemnation and expect that to stand alone to an unbeliever. They are liable to spit in your eye. I am NOT saying they don't need to understand why they need a Savior. But we cannot preach you are condemned without giving them the hope of love and grace or we leave them no better and possibly worse off than they were before we shared with them.

To a believer, we cannot always focus on preaching and teaching condemnation either. We need to learn that we may fall short but how do we keep on keepin' on? There has to be a building up with the truth or we leave that behind as well. Is that not why we come together for teaching and pastoral preaching, in order to build each other up in love and to be a testimony to Christ in doing so?

The complete gospel is necessary. The good, the bad and the ugly! :D