PDA

View Full Version : My testimony

Ravenwspr
Sep 5th 2008, 07:16 AM
Who am I?

I am simply not my own, but bought with a price.

Romans 14:7 For not one of us lives for himself, and not one dies for himself;

1 Corinthians 6:19 What? know you not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which you have of God, and you are not your own?

1 Corinthians 7:23 You were bought with a price; do not become slaves of men.

I was found when I was four years old. Some people have tried to make me doubt this and it is an experience I cannot deny and will not forfeit.

How can a 4 yr old comprehend life, death, sacrifice, redemption, mercy, grace? My first 4 years of life were spent with alot of torture at the hands of people that were involved in a combination of some sort of occult practice as well as the *adult* industry. At 3 yrs old I had suffered enough injury (and doctors were either paid off or just plain ignorant during those days) that there would have been some sort of investigation if it were to happen today.

I also suffered from a condition called night terrors, dreams that I don't remember but that plagued me for many years through my childhood, all resulted from what I was surviving.

The lost part... being born lol.
The being found part (being born again) is pretty simple.

My grandmother, one evening before bedtime she sat and told me about Christ and sin and salvation, and about the promise that if anyone simply repents, believes and confesses the name of Christ that they would get to live with Him for eternity. Then she read to me the description of heaven and then I asked her ALOT of questions.

She told me about Jesus and what he had done for all of us, and how He loves everyone and that He will come back for His own, and that there is a Holy Spirit that stays with us during this time, and so much more. She answered all of my questions in detail and didnt sugar coat anything, I'm very thankful for the time she took and the patience and honesty she had with me.

When she left the room I layed there and thought about all the things that hurt and scared me and all of the painful secrets I fought so hard to keep that only escaped me during my sleep. I was moved beyond explaining.

I cried out to God for my eternity and gave Him my heart and asked Christ to take over my heart and life, that I wanted no other life that would ever exclude Him. I remember in my heart as well as my mind that at that moment I wasn't making a choice based on what I was going through, or based on a pretty bedtime story. I was spoken to throughout my entire being at that moment and I made a decision with full knowledge of what I was choosing.

I shared the decision with my family the next morning, and with the body of believers they belonged to the following week. It wasn't the end of all the bad things to come but it was the beginning of all the right things.

I have more to share later.

1 John 4:4 You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.

John 6:37-40
All that the Father gives me shall come to me; and him that comes to me I will in no wise cast out. For I came down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of him that sent me.

And this is the Father's will which has sent me, that of all which he has given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which sees the Son, and believes on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

livingwaters
Sep 5th 2008, 08:18 PM
Praise the Mighty Name of Jesus!!!! Thanks for sharing.....you know, our testimony is our "witness." Amen:)

Seeker of truth
Sep 6th 2008, 05:14 PM
Praise the Lord :pp :pp :pp