PDA

View Full Version : Helping to clarify Revelation

Raymond Walker
Sep 6th 2008, 01:01 AM
the Holy Spirit led me to write this song some time ago. Hope y'all enjoy it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec0Yk8EgyLY

David Taylor
Sep 6th 2008, 02:13 AM
nice pickin'. What brand of guitar is that? Couldn't quite make out the label.

With Jerry Reed pasing this week, thought you might break into a lil Amos Moses at the end.

bennie
Sep 6th 2008, 04:24 AM
that was sweet, good job:bounce:.

Richard H
Sep 6th 2008, 04:53 AM
That was great, Ray!

Five stars!

Raybob
Sep 6th 2008, 06:02 AM
Nice voice Raymond. ;)
Dave, it looks like a 60s or early 70s Gibson to me. Am I right Ray?

I didn't quite understand one part of your song. Maybe I didn't hear the lyrics right but it seemed you sang, "The valley of Meggeddo ran bridle deep in blood and the nation that is Israel returns unto the Lord." I can't find that anywhere in my bible, especially in the book of Revelation. I know where the blood becomes bridle deep but I don't see the words "Israel returns unto the Lord" anywhere. Did I hear your words correctly?

Raybob
http://myspace.com/raybobbowman

scourge39
Sep 6th 2008, 06:49 AM
Nice voice Raymond. ;)
Dave, it looks like a 60s or early 70s Gibson to me. Am I right Ray?

I didn't quite understand one part of your song. Maybe I didn't hear the lyrics right but it seemed you sang, "The valley of Meggeddo ran bridle deep in blood and the nation that is Israel returns unto the Lord." I can't find that anywhere in my bible, especially in the book of Revelation. I know where the blood becomes bridle deep but I don't see the words "Israel returns unto the Lord" anywhere.

Yeah, that part sounded quite Larry Normanish to me.

Raymond Walker
Sep 6th 2008, 10:39 AM
Gibson J55 1978.
The 144000 witnesses are all Jewish according to the Scriptures and since the dispensation reverts to dealing with Israel (70th week) Israel will return to the Lord.

Richard H
Sep 7th 2008, 12:07 PM
[quote=Raymond Walker;1777885]Gibson J55 1978.
The 144000 witnesses are all Jewish according to the Scriptures ...quote]

The 144,000 are from the twelve tribes of Israel. Jews are only one of those tribes, Judah. (Jer 3:6-33)

Assyria had a practice of moving conquered peoples around to remove them from their cultures so they filled the northern Kingdom with Samaritans - And later dispersed Israel among the nations they (Assyria) had conquered. The so called "lost" tribes of Israel are not lost by location, but by identity.

Raybob
Sep 7th 2008, 05:33 PM
Gibson J55 1978.
Very nice. :)

The 144000 witnesses are all Jewish according to the Scriptures and since the dispensation reverts to dealing with Israel (70th week) Israel will return to the Lord.

I don't see that in scripture. 12,000 are from the tribe of Judah (Jews) but the 144,000 can't be national Israel because the tribe of Dan isn't listed among them.

Raybob

Richard H
Sep 7th 2008, 06:44 PM
I don't see that in scripture. 12,000 are from the tribe of Judah (Jews) but the 144,000 can't be national Israel because the tribe of Dan isn't listed among them.

Raybob
Interesting - trying to fit 12 tribes plus 2 in twelve slots. J

(Rev 7, 14)
From the tribe of Judah 12,000 were sealed,
From the tribe of Reuben 12,000,
From the tribe of Gad 12,000,
From the tribe of Asher 12,000,
From the tribe of Naphtali 12,000,
From the tribe of Manasseh 12,000, (A son of Joseph)
From the tribe of Simeon 12,000,
From the tribe of Levi 12,000,
From the tribe of Issachar 12,000,
From the tribe of Zebulun 12,000,
From the tribe of Joseph 12,000,
From the tribe of Benjamin 12,000.

Not Mentioned:

Dan
Ephraim (A son of Joseph)

Gates of the City (3 per side)
(not the New Jerusalem - but may be the model)
(Ez 48 )
North

Ruben
Judah
Levi
East

Joseph
Benjamin
Dan
South

Simeon
Issachar
Zebulun
West

Gad
Asher
Naphtali
Not Mentioned:

Manasseh (A son of Joseph)
Ephraim (A son of Joseph)

Kahtar
Sep 7th 2008, 06:48 PM
There is a reason Dan is not mentioned. If you study it out, you will find that because of Dan's actions, their name was 'blotted out' so to speak, and after a certain point, Dan's name does not appear in any of the lists from then on.

Richard H
Sep 7th 2008, 11:56 PM
There is a reason Dan is not mentioned. If you study it out, you will find that because of Dan's actions, their name was 'blotted out' so to speak, and after a certain point, Dan's name does not appear in any of the lists from then on.

Yup. In Jacob's "blessing", he said Dan was a bitting viper in the path - causing stumbling and falling. (paraphased) Those crazy Danites!

Actually, I was wrong to indicate 14 tribes. Of course, Joseph's sons cannot be counted if he is counted. So that would be either 12 tribes or 11+2 tribes.

scourge39
Sep 8th 2008, 12:17 AM
Gibson J55 1978.

And Revelation 7:9-17 speaks of everyone else who comes out of the tribulation (i.e. Gentiles). The whole chapter speaks of the entire people of God, both Jews and Gentiles, saved throughout history worshippling Christ together around the throne. So much for the Dispensational interpretation.

Richard H
Sep 8th 2008, 12:35 AM
And Revelation 7:9-17 speaks of everyone else who comes out of the tribulation (i.e. Gentiles). The whole chapter speaks of the entire people of God, both Jews and Gentiles, saved throughout history worshippling Christ together around the throne. So much for the Dispensational interpretation.

Amen!

We who are alive and remain will not precede those who have fallen asleep. The dead in Christ rise first.

I'd rather be alive at the end - although it won't be pleasant getting to that point in time.
Well... maybe I'd rather be a martyr and reign with Christ through the millennium.

Either way – it’s up to Him. I just want to be there.

What is the dispensational interpretation? I’ve heard some (inconsistent) teaching on it, but not really studied it.

Richard H
Sep 8th 2008, 12:48 AM
Oh, I think I get it.
Yes, I know about the 69 weeks (Daniel) + the week of the tribulation. (well… 3.5 yrs of actual tribulation)
And I know about the times of the gentiles being fulfilled.

Is that it?

Raybob
Sep 12th 2008, 05:32 PM
Gibson J55 1978.

Please show me the verse that says "Israel returns unto the Lord". Does it happen before the second coming???

Raybob

David Taylor
Sep 12th 2008, 06:28 PM

Talking about the book of Revelation.....

Out of the 404 verses found in Revelation; only these 5 verses mention the "Jews" or "Israel".

Rev 2:9 "I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan."
Rev 2:14 But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication.
Rev 3:9 "Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee."
Rev 7:4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.
Rev 21:12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:

4 verse in Revelation mention Israel/the Jews and 399 verses in Revelation don't for so much activity by the Jews/Israel to be attributed to the book of Revelation.

Even if you add every reference to the 144K, that only accounts for 11 verses in Revelation; half of which the 144K is explicitly in Heaven around the throne; not doing earthly activities.

That's still 395ish verses in Revelation that don't speak of Jews/Israel; which doesn't explain to me why so much of Revelation is presented to refer to a group of people it hardly mentions....less that 99% of the time.

Any one else ever notice this?

vinsight4u8
Sep 12th 2008, 11:18 PM
Rev. 12 - is mostly about the tribes of Israel, then at the end it speaks of her remnant.
the remnant part would be the church

Rev. 11 is where an angel from chapter 10 speaks to John about coming future events involving the holy city.

Lisadawn
Sep 16th 2008, 01:19 AM
Great Song! Thanks for sharing. :)