PDA

View Full Version : Ruler of this earth??

Heartinhand
Sep 6th 2008, 12:29 PM
First of all, I want to say goodmorning..I haven't posted in a while.
I was just browsing over some of the posts...I LOVE this place!
You all are so wonderful. :)

I have a question...
I was speaking to someone yesterday, and we were talking about handicapped children. I was telling this person that it is not God that wants these children to be this way, it is not his fault, we live here, things happen on earth. He helps the children. He created their life. He would want to protect them.
This person said that the ruler of the earth is SATAN.

I never heard this before.

what's your take?

I never heard this before.

ServantofTruth
Sep 6th 2008, 01:21 PM
We have to be careful about the words we use here. Because God created the World and has total ownership at all times. However let's look at some scripture.

John's gospel 12:31 Jesus speaking 'This world's people are now being judged, and the RULER of this world is already being thrown out.'

John's gospel 14:30 Jesus speaking 'I can not speak with you much longer, because the RULER of this world is coming.'

John's gospel 16:11 Jesus speaking 'And they are wrong about the judgement, because God has already judged the RULER of this world.'

If we now turn to Matthew's gospel 4:verses 8-10 Satan offers Jesus all the kingdoms on earth and their power if he bows down and worships Satan.

Jesus doesn't say that authority isn't yours - he only answers by saying that the scriptures say worship and serve only God.

I hope this is a good start, but there is much more to add, but i'll let others speak before i continue - if i'm still needed. :) Obviously the disability issue needs to be looked at. God bless. SofTy.

livingword26
Sep 6th 2008, 01:52 PM
Paul refers to Satan as the "god of this world". Although the Spirit of God is ever present, the power of darkness is at work, decieveing and destroying everyone it can, everywhere on the earth. When he is bound and thrown into this pit, he will no longer be the god of this world.

2Co 4:3-4
(3) But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
(4) In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Rufus_1611
Sep 6th 2008, 06:50 PM
Good scripture posted so far. I would add this one to the mix...

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." - Ephesians 6:12