PDA

View Full Version : Staph infection

SethElijah
Sep 7th 2008, 03:11 AM
Hi, this is my first time posting here. My wife posts here all the time under this login, but she is in the hospital now. She has a pretty serious staph infection in her lower leg. It had apparently made it into her blood stream. Her temperature topped 104 degrees on Thursday. She's now stuck in a small hospital room with an antibiotic IV. The antibiotic is pretty strong, and her veins are sufferring right now. If the infection starts clearing tomorrow, she can get off the IV and start taking oral antibiotics. If it isn't clearing tomorrow, they will have to run an inline up her arm into the bigger, stronger veins in her shoulder to be able to keep taking the antibiotics.

Please keep Jennifer (and our entire family) in your prayers...

TRL1957
Sep 7th 2008, 04:05 AM
Hello, I am so sorry your wife is so sick. I will be praying for you all. Please keep us posted on how she is getting along. God bless you

Ashley274
Sep 7th 2008, 05:56 AM
Praying for her and your family and very sorry to hear this news :pray::pray::pray::pray: Send her our love please

Diggindeeper
Sep 7th 2008, 06:20 AM
Please tell her that we are already praying! And keep in mind the different time zones all over the world. More praying people WILL be here and these people KNOW that God never went out of the healing business.

Also praying for you and your family. Thank you so much for letting us know. We love her and I promise we ARE praying! We want her well fast!

Please do keep us informed, will you?

Tanya~
Sep 7th 2008, 07:06 AM
Thank you for coming to the forum to let us know about Jennifer's illness. I'll be praying for her too.

Redneck Charger
Sep 7th 2008, 12:45 PM
Jesus.. Please HEAL Jennifer.. Please let the antibiotics help her.. Please Jesus take care of Jennifer and the rest of the family!:pray::pray:

cheech
Sep 7th 2008, 01:44 PM
Heavenly Father, we come before you presenting Jennifer's name to you, asking that you cover this woman with the blood of your Son, Jesus Christ, and protect her from any further illness. We ask, Father, that you bring a mighty healing to this woman, reversing the effects of the infection, lowering the fever and healing her of this infection completely. Please guide the doctors in her care and bring peace and comfort to her and her family at this time. Everything be done for your glory my Lord. In Jesus's holy, precious name we pray...Amen.

Thank you for letting us know and please keep us informed of her condition and let her know we are praying for her :hug:.

turtledove
Sep 7th 2008, 02:48 PM
Lord, come to Jennifer's aid quickly.
Make haste to help her and bring healing to her.
Let this medical care be effective.
Be with her and her family during all of this.

In the Name of Jesus, I pray.

Amen. :pray:

SethElijah
Sep 7th 2008, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the prayers everyone. Jennifer is still in the hospital and will probably remain there until Wednesday. Her lower leg where the infection was still looks bad, but it is improving. The doctors are sure whether the infection is staph or strep, so she is getting antibiotics for both. The boys and I went to see her after church today. Her veins keep swelling and hurting, so they keep having to move the IV. That along with all the sticks to draw blood are making her feel like a pin cushion.

Please continue to pray for her and for our family as a whole. The boys and I miss having her here at the house...

Beloved by God
Sep 9th 2008, 03:25 AM
We are still praying. If you look right above your first post, there is a button that says Thread Tools. If you click on that you can print off this thread and take it to Jennifer, to let her see we are all praying for her healing, and maybe it will help her feel better. :) :hug:

karenoka27
Sep 9th 2008, 10:51 AM
Bringing Jennifer before our Lord. Praying for you also as you wait on Him to heal your wife.

Frances
Sep 9th 2008, 04:39 PM
:pray: for complete Healing, and the Peace that passes all understanding for all of you . . .

SethElijah
Sep 9th 2008, 10:09 PM
Thank you all so much, I am home!!!! It is so good to be home, and so scary how fast that came on. I have to admit I was scared but I knew prayers would get me through. I am out of work for a while, so I hope the disability will kick in so I won't be out of pay for a while. I feel so lucky to be home and back on the road to health! Thank You!!! Praise God!!!:pp:pp:pp:pp:pp:pp

Tanya~
Sep 9th 2008, 10:11 PM
I Jennifer!

It's great to see you back and you have a lovely husband who came here to post the prayer request! :hug: Get well quick and Bless the Lord for His many benefits!

livingwaters
Sep 9th 2008, 10:33 PM
Jennifer, I'm so glad you are home and doing better. This type of infection is so common, now adays. You used to rarely here of this. I guess it's like everything else, satan is on his job!!! But, HE who is in us, is STRONGER than he who is in the world. I praise the Lord with ya'll.

It was very refreshing to have your husband be so concerned about you. You don't see that very often....

God Bless!!!:)

cheech
Sep 9th 2008, 10:58 PM
That's great Jennifer! We are so happy you are home! God is definitely good! :hug: We are so glad your husband got on and told us to pray for you. We have good prayer warriors here :D.

SethElijah
Sep 24th 2008, 06:46 PM
My foot is still extremely swollen. I called my doctor and he told me to go back to the ER. I am very frustrated.I am going tonight after work.

livingwaters
Sep 24th 2008, 07:01 PM
:pray::pray:ing for ya!!!! God is good all the time...All the time, God is good!!!Praise Him, Praise Him, in the good times and in the bad times...Amen:hug:

God Bless you and may you receive your complete healing from whatever is going on in your body...Alleluia:)

SethElijah
Sep 25th 2008, 07:17 AM
Just got home from the ER. Thankfully they did not admit me. I will have to miss two days of work, not good right now since I am a stock broker and have no time off left, but we will manage. I am on another 10 days of antibiotics as well. Praise God this was all there was! I have been looking up staph infections and cellulitis on the web and it is scary stuff. I realized how close I actually came to losing my leg a couple of weeks ago. The power of prayer does work, I do not see how anyone can doubt that, I do not.

tt1106
Sep 25th 2008, 02:45 PM
I will continue to pray for your recovery. Apparently God wants you to take a little easier. ;)
Celllulitis and Staph are nothing to play with. I am glad you had the wisdom to act quickly.

Blessings Sister.

Todd

Diggindeeper
Sep 25th 2008, 03:16 PM
I will just pray more fervently that this second round of antibiotics works super fast, and your health can be restored quickly!

...and God bless your husband for telling us when you were so bad, in the hospital! You are blessed to have a husband who also believes in the power of prayer!

Reynolds357
Sep 25th 2008, 03:31 PM
Just got home from the ER. Thankfully they did not admit me. I will have to miss two days of work, not good right now since I am a stock broker and have no time off left, but we will manage. I am on another 10 days of antibiotics as well. Praise God this was all there was! I have been looking up staph infections and cellulitis on the web and it is scary stuff. I realized how close I actually came to losing my leg a couple of weeks ago. The power of prayer does work, I do not see how anyone can doubt that, I do not.

After you finish your antibiotics, you might want to seriously look into taking mega doses of pro-biotics. There is very interesting research showing that pro-biotics are actually a most vital weapon in combatting Staph. Many athletes, fighters, and medical workers religiously take broad spectrum pro-biotics to keep from contracting M.R.S.A. You can not start them until you finish your anti-biotics. The broad spectrum pro-biotics will actually keep many anti-biotics from working.