PDA

View Full Version : Depression

apothanein kerdos
Sep 7th 2008, 06:20 AM
I could use some prayer. One little 'secret' about me is that I often suffer from bouts of depression, generally brought on by external things. Right now a bunch of stuff has collapsed and I'm having a difficult time. I'm starting to slip back into my depression that has plagued me for years.

Bethany67
Sep 7th 2008, 06:27 AM
Will pray for you - my sister is a lifelong bipolar and I know how tough it is.

Tanya~
Sep 7th 2008, 07:04 AM
I'll pray for you tonight AK, that you will come out of this quickly. You are an asset to the board and I want you to know that. Get into the Psalms and let the Lord minister to you. Here are a few passages to mark in your Bible:
Psalm 51; 34;
Isa 57:15-16; 61; 66

I hope they bring you comfort.

Ta-An
Sep 7th 2008, 10:28 AM
:pray: 4 U

Redneck Charger
Sep 7th 2008, 12:33 PM
I will pray for you AK.. and remember the Lord is here for us to talk to ..and ask for help.. Please Jesus take care of AK..and help him through his depression.. Please..:pray:

Frances
Sep 7th 2008, 04:26 PM
:pray:...................................

Tanya~
Sep 7th 2008, 05:21 PM
I hope you're feeling better today AK, and still thinking of you.

TRL1957
Sep 7th 2008, 06:47 PM
AK, I will most certainly be praying for you as I am no stranger to depression myself. it is a hard place to be. I am praying God's comfort for you.:pray:

moonglow
Sep 7th 2008, 07:16 PM
I could use some prayer. One little 'secret' about me is that I often suffer from bouts of depression, generally brought on by external things. Right now a bunch of stuff has collapsed and I'm having a difficult time. I'm starting to slip back into my depression that has plagued me for years.

I know how you feel! I learned to rebuke those dark feelings in the Name of Jesus and haven't had a serious bout of depression that was ongoing since then...(praise God for that). Its awful when that cloud of doom and gloom comes over you...I know...

Hang in there..praying for you!

God bless

apothanein kerdos
Sep 7th 2008, 08:12 PM
Still struggling with the depression. Without going into too much detail:

I am 25 and still finishing my college education (I was not born a child of privilege), so finances are always a big deal. I recently had my scholarship revoked due to a certain set of beliefs I affirm and my unwillingness to disavow certain aspects of those beliefs. Thus, 100% of my education is on my shoulders, plus rent, plus insurance, plus food, and so on. Well I asked the school to put a delay on this months payment and they said they would. On Friday morning they still took the funds out of my bank account and for whatever reason the bank let it go through, putting me deeply in the hole. I asked the bank to stop it and they said it had already gone through. I spoke with the school and asked why they didn't delay and they said, "there are no promises."

Rent is due on Wednesday with everything else being due by the end of the month. I know I'll have enough to cover everything, but it's depressing to be treated this way by fellow 'Christians' and to have my finances tied up like that.

moonglow
Sep 7th 2008, 08:26 PM
I am going to send you a PM since this is the prayer form and offering too much advice isn't allowed..just prayers...

God bless

livingwaters
Sep 7th 2008, 09:04 PM
:pray:ing for you AK...This world(mainly, satan) always tries to defeat us, through whatever way it can. Just remember what God said, (paraphrasing): I will supply all of your needs. If I care about a little sparrow, how much more do I care about you. I will never leave nor forsake you. Put all of your cares on ME. Come and be yoked with me, my yoke is light.

God Bless.:)

Ashley274
Sep 8th 2008, 04:41 AM
AK I will add you to my prayers.