PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Mid - Trib...Can we talk???

Lady Ashanti
Sep 8th 2008, 07:37 PM
I used to be pre-trib, however after studying scriptures, especially after reading I Thess. 5: 1-11, which states that although the Lord will come like a thief in the night, we are not in darkness so this Day will overtake us as a thief. This meaning He will be like a "thief in the night" to those who are not watchful, [remember the 10 virgins...Matthew 25: 1-13]. This helped me to realize that the scriptures do give "signs" as to when He will return.

Then when I read II Thess. 2: 1-7, which plainly states that two events will take place before the "Rapture"; 1-the "great falling away, and 2-and the man of sin/son of perdition is revealed. I then realized the "Rapture" would not take place before the "7 weeks" begin.

We have been in the "great falling away" for a long time, [I just didn't think that people would "fall away" and still come to church, still preach in pulpits]. This "falling away", is pushing of the Holy Ghost out of our churches, and lives.

Scripture is specific in telling us not to "quench the Spirit”, which is to put Him out, rejecting His leading, teaching/instruction, manifestation, prophetic utterances, etc. O When we do this, then we are “grieving Him”, and scripture states "grieve not the Spirit of God whereby we are sealed unto the day of redemption”…I believe we break that “seal” because scripture also states that the Spirit of the Lord will not strive with man always…Genesis 6:3.

I believe the “prosperity doctrine” has been very instrumental in evicting the Holy Spirit from our services because scripture teaches that “they that worship God must worship Him in Spirit, and in Truth”…John 4: 24. I heard a minister say once that if a person is selfish they cannot worship, and covetousness, idolatry, and pride has it’s “root” in selfishness. This is the base of the “prosperity doctrine” appeasing, and providing for the “flesh” while making “gods of men/women” who are building kingdoms unto themselves.

As the Holy Spirit withdraws from our churches, our meetings, our lives, this “void” is what will allow the Anti-Christ to come forth, because the Holy Spirit is what has restrained the “mystery of iniquity” all this time...II Thess.2: 7-8a.

Now, the reason I believe that the "Rapture" will take place in the middle of the seven weeks is because in Rev. 6: 17 is where we find the “wrath of the Lord beginning, at the end of the 7 seals, and it reads in I Thess. 5: 9...God has not appointed us to wrath...and it reads in I Thess. 1: 10...to wait for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, even Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come. Mind you the Lord said the people of God will be delivered from His wrath, but not from tribulation. In fact, Jesus said, “in this world we would have tribulation, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world”...John 16: 33. I believe that “great tribulation”, and the “wrath of God” are two separate events, or situations.

If you read in Revelation 2-3, the Lord addresses the 7 “churches”, Saints, WE are the church, not the building you go to, and not the denominations you are grouped into, WE are the church.
I believe that when the Lord is speaking to these 7 “churches”, He is speaking to 7 “states of being in the church”, 7 select groups of people with the same spirit no matter where they attend services. He is speaking to tell them where they are falling short in Him, and what they need to do to "come up"...which one are you?

To be con't...

Lady Ashanti
Sep 8th 2008, 07:40 PM
Con't...

Revelation 2…

The Loveless Church
1 "To the angel of the church of Ephesus write,
'These things says He who holds the seven stars in His right hand, who walks in the midst of the seven golden lampstands: 2 "I know your works, your labor, your patience, and that you cannot bear those who are evil. And you have tested those who say they are apostles and are not, and have found them liars; 3 and you have persevered and have patience, and have labored for My name's sake and have not become weary. 4 Nevertheless I have this against you, that you have left your first love. 5 Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lampstand from its place—unless you repent. 6 But this you have, that you hate the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.
7 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give to eat from the tree of life, which is in the midst of the Paradise of God."'
*Deeds of the Nicolaitans: This is the teaching that sexual immorality is covered in Christian freedoms, and did not affect one's salvation in Christ. God hates the heresy that teaches we can be saved and at the same time live immoral lives.

The Persecuted Church
8 "And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write,
'These things says the First and the Last, who was dead, and came to life: 9 "I know your works, tribulation, and poverty (but you are rich); and I know the blasphemy of those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan. 10 Do not fear any of those things which you are about to suffer. Indeed, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and you will have tribulation ten days. Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life. 11 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes shall not be hurt by the second death."'

The Compromising Church
12 "And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write,
'These things says He who has the sharp two-edged sword: 13 "I know your works, and where you dwell, where Satan's throne is. And you hold fast to My name, and did not deny My faith even in the days in which Antipas was My faithful martyr, who was killed among you, where Satan dwells. 14 But I have a few things against you, because you have there those who hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balak to put a stumbling block before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed to idols, and to commit sexual immorality. 15 Thus you also have those who hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate. 16 Repent, or else I will come to you quickly and will fight against them with the sword of My mouth.
17 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna to eat. And I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it."'
*Doctrine of Balaam: This is teachings by corrupt teachers, and preachers which lead people into fatal compromise with immorality, worldliness, and false ideologies, all for the sake of personal advancement, and monetary gain.

The Corrupt Church
18 "And to the angel of the church in Thyatira write,
'These things says the Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and His feet like fine brass: 19 "I know your works, love, service, faith, and your patience; and as for your works, the last are more than the first. 20 Nevertheless I have a few things against you, because you allow that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, to teach and seduce My servants to commit sexual immorality and eat things sacrificed to idols. 21 And I gave her time to repent of her sexual immorality, and she did not repent. 22 Indeed I will cast her into a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of their deeds. 23 I will kill her children with death, and all the churches shall know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts. And I will give to each one of you according to your works.
24 "Now to you I say, and to the rest in Thyatira, as many as do not have this doctrine, who have not known the depths of Satan, as they say, I will put on you no other burden. 25 But hold fast what you have till I come. 26 And he who overcomes, and keeps My works until the end, to him I will give power over the nations—
27 ' He shall rule them with a rod of iron;
They shall be dashed to pieces like the potter's vessels'—
as I also have received from My Father; 28 and I will give him the morning star.
29 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."
*Jezebel Spirit: This is a teaching of that tolerates sin, unrighteousness, and/or unbiblical teaching in its leadership. Jezebel is symbolic with idolatry, sensuality, and manipulative control. These are leaders who put their own words above the Word of God, and teaches that the Lord accepts acts of compromise with the world.

Revelation 3…

The Dead Church
1 "And to the angel of the church in Sardis write,'These things says He who has the seven Spirits of God and the seven stars: "I know your works, that you have a name that you are alive, but you are dead. 2 Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die, for I have not found your works perfect before God. 3 Remember therefore how you have received and heard; hold fast and repent. Therefore if you will not watch, I will come upon you as a thief, and you will not know what hour I will come upon you. 4 You have a few names even in Sardis who have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with Me in white, for they are worthy. 5 He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels. 6 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."'

The Faithful Church
7 "And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write,
'These things says He who is holy, He who is true, "He who has the key of David, He who opens and no one shuts, and shuts and no one opens": 8 "I know your works. See, I have set before you an open door, and no one can shut it; for you have a little strength, have kept My word, and have not denied My name. 9 Indeed I will make those of the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews and are not, but lie—indeed I will make them come and worship before your feet, and to know that I have loved you. 10 Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth. 11 Behold,[e (http://www.msplinks.com/MDFodHRwOi8vd3d3LmJpYmxlZ2F0ZXdheS5jb20vcGFzc2FnZS 8/c2VhcmNoPVJldmVsYXRpb24lMjAzOyZ2ZXJzaW9uPTUwO2Zlbi 1OS0pWLTMwNzUyZQ==)] I am coming quickly! Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown. 12 He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God. And I will write on him My new name. 13 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."'

The Lukewarm Church
14 "And to the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write,
'These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God: 15 "I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. 16 So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth. 17 Because you say, 'I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing'—and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked— 18 I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see. 19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent. 20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. 21 To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.

If you notice there are 7 different spirits that are governing, and only two are purely righteous...Smyrna...persecuted, and Philadelphia...faithful. Only two out of the whole group, less that a third...smh!

The Lord said that "broad is the gate that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it, because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to eternal life, and there are few who find it...Matthew 7: 13-14.

He also said, “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, “Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!”...Matthew 7: 21-23. Many will not be going, maybe less than a third.

To be con't...

Grace, and Peace...

Lady Ashanti
Sep 8th 2008, 07:42 PM
Con't...

Now if you notice that when John looks around the throne in Revelation 4:4-11, there are no saints there, only the golden vials in Revelation 5: 8, which has the “prayers of the saints”. Even in Revelation 5: 11, there are no saints there at the throne. Then in Revelation 6,the first seal is broken [the white horse] and evil is allowed to conquer because of the withdrawal of the Holy Spirit from the “corporate church”, but not individual believers.

Second seal is broken [the red horse] no peace in the land.
Third seal is broken [the black horse] famine in the land.
Fourth seal is broken [the pale horse] murder/killings [of the saints]
Fifth seal is broken [altar of the martyrs]…interesting because now we see the saints under the altar of God…Rev. 6: 9-11.
Sixth seal is broken [earthquakes/cosmic disturbances]…Rev. 6: 12-14…I believe this is a “type” of the same experience as when Jesus prepared to die on the cross…Matt. 27: 45, 51-53. Then the “wrath of God” is said to come…Rev. 6: 17.

Remember, we were warned of the “perilous times”, however scripture was not talking about in the world, it is perilous when it is in the “church”…II Tim 3: 1, also that the “love of many would wax cold” in the church…Matt 24: 12. I do believe that there will be a "conflict, and confrontation" between the true people of God, and those who are not. This is why we are told when we see these things the end is not yet…Matt. 24: 6, and why we are told to “endure to the end”…Matt. 10: 22. The Lord will have his church without a spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing…holy, and without blemish…Ephesians 5: 27.

These first 5 "seals" are more than likely judgments, [I believe the "judgment that begins at the house of God", which is why we see some martyrs during the fifth seal-grace].

I also believe that sometime during these "7 seals" the "anti-christ" will be revealed which will start the "7 years" time frame. Remember the first 3 ½ years will be a "false peace for the “world” as they unite in religion, and government, and come against the true Christians, and martyr them in some cases. Then the Lord will cause cosmic disturbances to signal He has had enough! Then the seventh seal-God's number of completion.
But before that we see in Revelations 7 the sealing of the "children of Israel", [those who haven't given their lives to Christ because they are Messianic Jews, and will be taken in the rapture], and now the "great multitude standing before the throne"...verses 9-17...which I believe are saints who are “caught up” in the Rapture, [also the souls of those won by the saints who were persecuted].

Please note that the tribe of Dan, and Ephraim are no longer present, and have been replaced with Manasses, [Manassah[, and Joseph. History records that both tribes became so steeped in idolatry that the Lord permanently rejected their entire lineage…Amos 8: 11-14, and Hosea 4: 17. This should seriously be taken into consideration by those of you who believe the Lord would never reject His people for any reason.

Now the seventh seal is broken, and the first of the 7 trumpets are sounded. This begins the “wrath of God”, and I believe that some people will give their lives to the Lord and die for their testimony during the 7 trumpet period because of Revelation 20: 4.

I say this with a mixture of joy, and sadness...joy because our redemption draws near, and sadness because of the pain/suffering we must endure before then...whether we want to believe it or not, we are about to be cleansed thru persecution, and who will be able to stand? Only those who have a firm grip on Christ-alone will make the Rapture...this is the first resurrection…Revelations 20: 5. After that there will be those who are martyred for their faith.

Grace, and Peace...

Literalist-Luke
Sep 8th 2008, 11:50 PM
Lady Ashanti,

I think you are on the right track, and you have some good things to offer here as you develop your scenario. There are a few things I'd like to toss into the mix for you to consider:

1. All of the things you describe as being part of the "falling away" are indeed preparing the way for the final "falling away", but I would suggest that something much worse is coming. What's going on right now is that all of the teeth in Christianity are being slowly removed so that it appears to be such a useless powerless religion that it won't take much to convince people to look elsewhere in the right circumstances. (That "elsewhere" will eventually be Islam, the religion that will give birth to the Antichrist.)

2. I agree completely with you associating the Sixth Seal with the Rapture. I think you've got that exactly right. :thumbsup: However, I would suggest that the Sixth Seal takes place at the end of the Tribulation, not in the middle. Look at the seventh trumpet and the things that are said in association with it and compare that trumpet with the events of the Sixth Seal. You'll find some remarkable parallels there.

I've got to run, but we can talk about this more if you want. Keep studying! :yes:

Roelof
Sep 9th 2008, 09:44 AM
Lady Ashanti,

You have very good insight in eschatology and I support you with nearly all of it. I also changed from pre-trib to mid-trib and it fits the marks in heaven perfectly.

ananias
Sep 9th 2008, 10:12 AM
I believe that “great tribulation”, and the “wrath of God” are two separate events, or situations.

I think you are spot-on. I've said exactly the same thing in another thread a while ago. Neither the Old Testament nor the New Testament know the period during which the wrath of God will be poured out upon the world as "the great tribulation" or "the tribulation period". The New Testament makes a very clear distinction between "tribulation' and "wrath". The end-times theology of many Bible-prophecy teaches has blended the two separate scenarios into one.

ananias.

ananias
Sep 9th 2008, 11:42 AM
Con't...

Fifth seal is broken [altar of the martyrs]…interesting because now we see the saints under the altar of God…Rev. 6: 9-11.
Sixth seal is broken [earthquakes/cosmic disturbances]…Rev. 6: 12-14…I believe this is a “type” of the same experience as when Jesus prepared to die on the cross…Matt. 27: 45, 51-53. Then the “wrath of God” is said to come…Rev. 6: 17.

It’s interesting that you should notice this, Lady Ashanti, because in Rev.6: 9, when the angel opens the FIFTH seal, the souls of all those who through time had been martyred for their testimony to the word of God, are seen to be asking the LORD how long it will be until He avenges their blood on those who dwell on the earth – but they are told to wait a little while longer, until the full number of their brothers and fellow-servants who are to be martyred as they were, is complete.

Immediately afterward, with the opening of the SIXTH seal, THE SUN becomes “Black as sackcloth of hair”, and THE MOON becomes the color of blood – and THEN we read about THE WRATH of God FOLLOWING these events.

Look at the structure:-

Revelation 6 verse 9 to Revelation 7 verse 17:

(A) The cry of the martyrs (the FIFTH seal), THE SUN BECOMES BLACK AND THE MOON BECOMES THE COLOR OF BLOOD (the SIXTH seal); and the WRATH of God FOLLOWS (Rev.6: 9-17); and

(B) “THE FOUR WINDS” of these cataclysmic events are held back until 144,000 from each of the 12 tribes of Israel have been sealed with the seal of God (Rev.7: 1-8); and

( C ) John THEN sees a multitude OF SAINTS in heaven from all nations, tribes and tongues, who had come out from THE GREAT TRIBULATION (Greek: MEGAS THLIPSIS) (Rev.7: 9-17).

“THE SUN shall be turned into darkness, and THE MOON into blood, BEFORE the GREAT AND TERRIBLE DAY OF THE LORD COME.” (Joel 2: 31).

In Mat.24: 29-31, the sun and moon are darkened “immediately after” the days of “great tribulation” (Mat.24: 21-28), and this coincides with the gathering of Christ's elect.

Is there anything in the Bible which gives us a clue as to whether the sun becoming black and the moon turning the color of blood symbolizes something?

In fact, we will find quite a few scriptures where the sun and the moon symbolize things:

“I will not break My covenant, nor change the thing that has gone out of My lips. Once I have sworn by My holiness that I will not lie to David...

... His seed shall endure forever, and his throne as THE SUN before Me. It shall be established forever like THE MOON, and like A FAITHFUL WITNESS in the heavens. Selah.” (Ps.89: 34-37).

According to the Bible, king David's throne is the eternal throne of Jesus Christ (who is the incarnate Word of God); and just as the sun provides the world with PHYSICAL light, so the Word of God provides the world with SPIRITUAL light.

THE MOON is THE FAITHFUL WITNESS OF THE SUN (Ps.89: 37), because it reflects the light of the sun.

In Proverbs we read,

“A faithful witness will not lie, but a false witness will speak lies.” (Pro.14: 5); and in Revelation we read that the Lord Jesus Christ is “… the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;” (Rev.3: 14).

1 Joseph, one of Israel's twelve sons, once dreamed a dream in which he saw THE SUN, THE MOON, and the other eleven stars bowing before him. Joseph was one of the twelve “stars”, or the twelve tribes of Israel (Gen.37: 9), and Joseph's dream was a picture of the nation of Israel. The dream came true much later, when Joseph became ruler over all Egypt under Pharaoh, and all Israel bowed down to him.

2 “The woman” of Revelation chapter twelve (who brought the Messiah into the world) is pictured “CLOTHED WITH THE SUN, with THE MOON under her feet and a garland of twelve stars on her head” (Rev.12: 1).

In other words, “the woman” of Revelation chapter 12 is clothed with the glory of God - “the sun” symbolizes THE WORD OF GOD, and the male Child she brings into the world is THE INCARNATE WORD OF GOD. The twelve stars symbolize the twelve tribes of Israel – the nation TO WHOM the Word of God came, and THROUGH WHOM the Word of God came into the world.

After her Child (“who is going to rule all nations with a rod of iron”) had been “caught up to God and to His throne” (Rev.12: 5), the devil was cast out of heaven, and went to war against “the woman” and “THE REST OF HER SEED, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ” (Rev.12: 6-17).

Gen3: 15 says,

“And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her Seed; He will bruise your head, and you shall bruise His heel.” (Gen.3: 15).

This shows that “the woman” of Revelation 12 is typified by “the woman” of Gen3: 15.

3 When the incarnate Word of God was crucified, THE SUN WAS LITERALLY DARKENED:

“And from the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land until the ninth hour. And about the ninth hour, Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? That is, My God, My God, why have You forsaken me?” (Mat.27: 45-46).

Therefore the moon symbolizes the chosen nation which, as a faithful witness, reflects the light of the Word of God (the sun) into the world.

Revelation 6 verse 9 to Revelation 7 verse 17:

(A) The cry of the martyrs (the FIFTH seal), THE SUN BECOMES BLACK AND THE MOON BECOMES THE COLOR OF BLOOD (the SIXTH seal); and the WRATH of God FOLLOWS (Rev.6: 9-17); and

(B) “THE FOUR WINDS” of these cataclysmic events are held back until 144,000 from each of the 12 tribes of Israel have been sealed with the seal of God (Rev.7: 1-8); and

( C ) John THEN sees a multitude OF SAINTS in heaven from all nations, tribes and tongues, who had come out from THE GREAT TRIBULATION (Greek: MEGAS THLIPSIS) (Rev.7: 9-17).

I think the structure of the Revelation and the biblical symbolism of the sun and the moon are pointing towards exactly the things that you've said in your posts.

ananias

Lady Ashanti
Sep 9th 2008, 06:22 PM
The Lord has really been dealing with me regarding this and I praise God to see the remnant who believes, and who he is speaking to as well. I havebeen looking for you-all...

When people come to me, [sinners and saints alike], asking me what I think of what is going on in our world, I tell them this...

To those who don't know Christ, I direct them to Jesus Christ, and to develop a relationship with Him through repentence of their sin nature, acceptance of the price He paid on the cross, and faith in Him as personal Savior, and personal Lord. I tell them to get a Bible, and PRAYERFULLY begin to study the Word of God to KNOW Jesus for themselves, and apply that Word to their lives.

To the saints I say, people who preach about changing our world are delusional. Our "world" is on a course ordained by God and that will not be changed, however we should focus on winning souls for CHRIST like never before, and calling the saints of God back to the purity of the Word of God.

We, the people of God, need to repent as well for making gods of leadership [idolatry], for desiring the treasures of this world more than the treasures of God [covetousness], and for aspirations of grandour [pride]...yes, we do... We need to judge ourselves, and ask the Lord to search us and if he finds any wicked thing in us to purge it out as the saints of old used to.

Jesus is truly coming soon, and I believe we will be the generation to see Him in the sky...Scriptures teach that when we see all the things we are seeing [accelerated as they are] to "look up" because our redemption draws near...Hallelujah!!!

Maranatha, Lord!!!:pray:

Roelof
Sep 10th 2008, 03:46 AM
To those who don't know Christ, I direct them to Jesus Christ, and to develop a relationship with Him through repentence of their sin nature, acceptance of the price He paid on the cross, and faith in Him as personal Savior, and personal Lord.

Our "world" is on a course ordained by God and that will not be changed, however we should focus on winning souls for CHRIST like never before, and calling the saints of God back to the purity of the Word of God.

Jesus is truly coming soon, and I believe we will be the generation to see Him in the sky...Scriptures teach that when we see all the things we are seeing [accelerated as they are] to "look up" because our redemption draws near...Hallelujah!!!

Maranatha, Lord!!!:pray:

I fully agree, we have to serve Jesus Christ, He is coming quickly, I am sure in our generation !!!!

Lady Ashanti
Sep 10th 2008, 05:11 AM
I fully agree, we have to serve Jesus Christ, He is coming quickly, I am sure in our generation !!!!

Hence the boldness in Christ...:saint:

Joyfulparousia
Sep 10th 2008, 05:22 AM
Hence the boldness in Christ...:saint:

What about the fact that Antichrist isn't revealed until the middle of the 7 weeks. i.e the Great Tribulation?

Lady Ashanti
Sep 10th 2008, 05:38 AM
What about the fact that Antichrist isn't revealed until the middle of the 7 weeks. i.e the Great Tribulation?

Did you read the first post???

Here:

Then when I read II Thess. 2: 1-7, which plainly states that two events will take place before the "Rapture"; 1-the "great falling away, and 2-and the man of sin/son of perdition is revealed. I then realized the "Rapture" would not take place before the "7 weeks" begin.

We have been in the "great falling away" for a long time, [I just didn't think that people would "fall away" and still come to church, still preach in pulpits]. This "falling away", is pushing of the Holy Ghost out of our churches, and lives.

Scripture is specific in telling us not to "quench the Spirit”, which is to put Him out, rejecting His leading, teaching/instruction, manifestation, prophetic utterances, etc. O When we do this, then we are “grieving Him”, and scripture states "grieve not the Spirit of God whereby we are sealed unto the day of redemption”…I believe we break that “seal” because scripture also states that the Spirit of the Lord will not strive with man always…Genesis 6:3.

Literalist-Luke
Sep 10th 2008, 07:24 AM
What about the fact that Antichrist isn't revealed until the middle of the 7 weeks. i.e the Great Tribulation?Um, I don't agree with that. It appears to me that discerning Christians will spot him for who he is even before the seven years begins.