PDA

View Full Version : Discussion God's Purpose for Marriage???

Lady Ashanti
Sep 8th 2008, 08:07 PM
Do we have the proper revelation of the reason that the Lord created marriage, and that the family was created before the church.

Most often, we act as though the church is what is most important, [and basically the church building, and/or denomination], but this is not so. Nothing should come before the Lord, and then marriage, and the family.

We will sacrifice our families for church attendance, and service, then sit back and wonder why our families are falling apart…wonder why we can’t get our unsaved spouses to come to Christ…wonder why our children won’t come to church.

WE are the church, not the building that we meet in several times a week…the people are the church! We focus so much on “building” a building for the Lord, that we lose sight of “building” a people for the Lord to dwell in…Acts 7: 48; I Corinthians 3: 9, 16-17; II Corinthians 6:16; Ephesians 2: 22. When our churches are a mess it is because the people are a mess, and the people are a mess because our families are a mess, not the other way around.

Original Intent

According to the Jewish people, marriage is considered the ideal state for men, and women, so why is it that we, Christians, seem to think we have reached some supreme plateau of spirituality when we don’t desire marriage??? [More on this in Lesson Two].

Marriage was designed to represent Christ’s relationship with the church. Christ is considered Savior, and our husband, also…Isaiah 54: 5, Matthew 19: 5. The church is considered the Body of Christ…I Corinthians 12: 12-27, as well as the Bride of Christ…Revelations 19: 7; 21: 9; 22: 17. This coincides with Ephesians 5: 32, where Paul is talking about marriage, then in the middle of his speaking, he refers to the church, and Christ. He saw Christ and the church, as he was speaking of how a godly marriage should be!

Even the references to the Holy Ghost are a picture of marriage. Jesus said that the Holy Ghost would be with us…John 14: 17, and John 20: 22, and in us…John 14: 17, and Acts 2: 1-4. When we get engaged, [or betrothed], our beloved is with us, then once we marry, our beloved is in us as referenced by Genesis 2: 24...and the two shall become one flesh.

In Genesis 1: 26-28, 2: 18,21, 24...we find the purpose of marriage:

Be fruitful…the Lord intended for couple to be fruitful, this deals with what is produced on the outside as a result of the union. The definition for “fruitful” is “producing results, profitable, conducive to productiveness. In the original language it means to “bring forth, to bear, cause to grow, increase, make”.

Fruit should be the result of the union for the purpose of producing results in this earth realm for the One who created them. This first word deals with populating outside of themselves. Pouring out into the earth not only children, but righteousness, faith, love, God‘s qualities.

Multiply…the Lord intended for the couple to multiply! The definition for “multiply” is “reproduce, to grow, to cause to increase in number, quantity, or extent, extend-to spread out to full length, to increase the duration of, to broaden in scope, range, or meaning, to continue, to cover an area. In the original language it means to “bring in, enlarge, excel, grow up, nourish, store”.

This deal with the environment within the union, which should be one of righteousness, of love, of maturity, of nourishment from within. There should be so much of the face of God in this union that it pushes out from within and enlarges the territory of the couple.

Fill the earth…the Lord intended for the couple to fill the earth! The definition of “fill” is “to occupy the whole capacity, or extent of; to supply, or make up whatever is required; to fulfill, or supply the requirements of satisfactorily; to hold, or occupy as a position, or office; To spread over, or throughout; to insert to make something complete. In the original language it means to “accomplish, confirm, become set, have wholly”.

The coming together of this couple as one should complete something for God within their particular area in this earth. They should be supplying a requirement for God in this earth realm. They should “occupy…Luke 19:3” until He comes! Each couple should make their particular arena complete; take it wholly, and completely.

This is why I say our churches are in trouble because our homes are in trouble. If each couple was operating correctly, and then we came together as a whole congregation, how much power would that be!

Subdue it…the Lord intended for the couple to subdue the earth! The definition of “subdue” is “to bring under control, overcome by persuasion; to bring into subjection, conquer, vanquish; to reduce the intensity, strength, or force of”. In the original language it means to “to tread down, to disregard, bring into bondage, keep under, bring into subjection”.

We are talking about demonic forces here, saints, the enemy, and his cohorts who are attempting to take over. Yes, Adam gave him authority, but we are here in Christ to take it back!!! Scripture teaches that one shall chase a thousand, and two shall put ten thousands to flight…Deuteronomy 32: 30. Also, Jesus said, “Again, I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done by My Father in Heaven”, and what better two than those that are ordained to be ONE in God!!!

Scripture teaches that we are to pull down strongholds…II Corinthians 10: 4, bind things on earth…Matthew 16: 19, put things under our feet in Christ, and bring them into subjection as the Body of Christ…I Corinthians 15: 25-28. We are to have no respect of persons…Colossians 3: 25, because we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but principalities, powers, the rulers of darkness of this age, and spiritual hosts of wickedness in high places…Ephesians 6: 12, [it isn’t personal, Saints, it‘s spiritual]! This is how mighty each married couple should be! This is also why they must be comparable!

Have dominion…the Lord intended for the couple to have dominion in the earth. The definition of “dominion” is “the power, or right to rule, right of ownership, influence”. In the original language it means to reign, to rule, to have control”.

When we are in a non-Christian environment, we are in charge! When you walk into a room, office, building, meeting, etc. YOU are in charge! Now you may have to humble yourself if you are not physically in charge, but even in that situation, you rule in the spirit realm. If you go into the spirit realm, you can change the atmosphere, and the outcome.

Even if you are in a spiritual situation where your spiritual “rank” is superior to those who are in charge, [even if they refuse to recognize this], you still have your authority in the spirit realm. You just have to step into it, respectfully, but by all means, step into it. The Lord has a Divine order and it is in the spirit realm, in His Kingdom. You have the God-given right to take dominion over anything that is not like God, according to His Word! The Lord intended for His couples to take dominion over the unfruitful works of darkness.

It is not good for man to be alone…The only time the Lord said something was not good was when man was alone! “Alone” means “unaccompanied, solely, to allow to be by himself, to be unique, or without an equal, nothing else of a similar kind is near”, [this is why you can be with someone and still be alone]. In the original language it means to be “solitary, separation, only, apart”.

Marriage is one of the main relationships that the Lord instituted to keep mankind from being alone, but having people in your life, even in marriage, does not guarantee that you will not be alone. Loneliness comes from not having people in your life not similar, or equal to you. Have you ever felt alone in a crowd, or in a marriage? The marriage union was to be God’s ultimate means of curing the loneliness of mankind, becoming one with another person of the opposite sex. In order for that to happen, the two has to be comparable! Which leads us to the next definition…

I will make a helpmeet comparable for him…the Lord intended for the couple to comparable. The definition of “comparable” means to be parallel, liken to, analogous [similar in function although dissimilar in structure] in quality and character, capable of being compared, to be worthy of comparison, to match. In the original language it means aid, relief, assistance, protect, surround, help. Structure meaning “the organized combination of parts, or elements”.

A man’s “helpmeet” should be someone who is “similar in function although not the same in structure”. She should be someone who is “like him” in spiritual, mental, and intellectual strength, capable of protecting his vulnerable areas, while not being like him physically.

The function of a woman is different from a man, and although she is to protect him, also, the protection she gives is different. Although she is to “provide” also, the provisions she gives is different. This is why the myth that causes a man not to trust his wife’s opinions, and warnings are so damaging to a marriage because then he takes himself out of her area of protection and that leaves him very vulnerable in those specific arenas.

Become one flesh… In order for two people to become “one flesh” there has to be some serious intimacy, [and I am not talking about sex at this point], and intimacy requires trust. “One” means united, alike, altogether, first, only. “Flesh” means body, person, kind, self, skin, and “pudenda of a man”.

The Lord intended for the couple to be “one flesh”, putting each other first, [after Him of course], united in purpose, and destiny. Loyal in their devotion to one another, being the only marriage partner to, and for one another. Operating as though they were one body, one self, one person…that is deep!

Satisfy our sexual passions… The Lord intended that in marriage, our sexual passions were to be fulfilled, satisfied. Now, there are some religious people who do not believe this, and think that sex was only intended as a means of procreation. Then there are others who think that sex is a result of the sin nature, so it is not to be enjoyed. Thank the Lord that they are both wrong…Uh, Oh…excuse me…http://www.mannacabana.com/cabanaboards/images/graemlins/smile.gif…let’s look at the scriptures…

In I Corinthians 7: 9, it reads…it is better to marry than to burn. So, according to scripture, the answer to lust, or sexual desires is to get married. I have yet to find a scripture that says we can pray, fast, or speak in tongues, and these desires will go away, the Bible says marriage is the answer.

This is further supported by I Corinthians 7: 5, which reads…Do not deprive one another except with consent for a time, that you may give yourselves to prayer and fasting; and come together again so that Satan does not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. So even for the sake of prayer, and fasting, couples are not to put off making love for too long because it will cause an occasion for temptation.

Then if you look at one of the definitions of “one flesh”, it is “pudenda of a man”, this word pudenda actually means “human external genital organs especially of a woman”. So when the Lord speaks of the couple becoming “one flesh”, He was also speaking of the act of making love, or having sex.

So these are the Lord’s original intention for marriage, and if you notice none of the reasons we use today are on the list. Not for money; or because your children need a father, [or mother]; or to further your ministry; or because you are getting too old, and your family thinks you should marry; or because she’s pregnant; or anything else that is not in God’s plan.

Marriage was intended to reflect the image of God, Christ and His church,

Sold Out
Sep 8th 2008, 10:10 PM
Do we have the proper revelation of the reason that the Lord created marriage, and that the family was created before the church.

Marriage was intended to reflect the image of God, Christ and His church,

Marriage was the first institution God created - in the Garden of Eden. It is no surprise that the marriage relationship is compared with Christ's relationship to the church.

mrsparks
Sep 9th 2008, 08:43 PM
Very well written.

"The function of a woman is different from a man, and although she is to protect him, also, the protection she gives is different. Although she is to “provide” also, the provisions she gives is different. This is why the myth that causes a man not to trust his wife’s opinions, and warnings are so damaging to a marriage because then he takes himself out of her area of protection and that leaves him very vulnerable in those specific arenas."

Could you discuss this paragraph in more depth?

Lady Ashanti
Sep 9th 2008, 10:24 PM
Very well written.

"The function of a woman is different from a man, and although she is to protect him, also, the protection she gives is different. Although she is to “provide” also, the provisions she gives is different. This is why the myth that causes a man not to trust his wife’s opinions, and warnings are so damaging to a marriage because then he takes himself out of her area of protection and that leaves him very vulnerable in those specific arenas."

Could you discuss this paragraph in more depth?

Sure, I can share what was revealed to me according to the Word of God however it would be easier if you put your request in the form of a question[s]. This way I am not supplying info you are not interested in.

PS...Also you can go to my thread in "Woman at the Well" section where I hope to start a more indepth discussion on this. Thanks!

RoadWarrior
Sep 9th 2008, 11:23 PM
Umm, men are not allowed in Women at the Well.

keck553
Sep 9th 2008, 11:38 PM
I have come to find out our marriage relationships are a direct reflection of our relationship with God.

Lady Ashanti
Sep 10th 2008, 03:39 AM
Umm, men are not allowed in Women at the Well.

I thought the poster was a woman...LOL!!!

RoadWarrior
Sep 10th 2008, 04:30 AM
I thought the poster was a woman...LOL!!!

OK, perhaps you are right .. I read the name as Mr Sparks ... perhaps it is Mrs Parks.

LOL.

Carry on.

BHS
Sep 10th 2008, 06:14 PM
Lady Ashanti, your thread posting is noteworthy. It is good to see material like this posted in this forum.

I would make only one slight modification -- Before saying, "Marriage was designed to represent Christ’s relationship with the church", since it was instituted in the Garden of Eden with Adam and Eve, I would first say that it is a picture of God's covenant relationship with man, with Israel and with His church.

Blessings,
BHS

Emanate
Sep 10th 2008, 06:41 PM
Are there any other biblical references that refer to man and woman being "one" apart from marriage?

Lady Ashanti
Sep 10th 2008, 09:53 PM
Lady Ashanti, your thread posting is noteworthy. It is good to see material like this posted in this forum.

I would make only one slight modification -- Before saying, "Marriage was designed to represent Christ’s relationship with the church", since it was instituted in the Garden of Eden with Adam and Eve, I would first say that it is a picture of God's covenant relationship with man, with Israel and with His church.

Blessings,
BHS

I agree, and thought I was saying that since I have always saw the "church" as God's people not buildings, denominations, etc. Since we have made it a building is why we put "church" before marriage, and family. So it should read "the Lord created marriage before church service and attendance"....

I will clarify for the future...Thanks!!!