PDA

View Full Version : Character vs Circumstances

SeekingHisWill
Sep 8th 2008, 09:11 PM
Hi there! For some time now I am sure God has been calling me to a purpose that I didn't want to accept. While I've prayed and prayed and prayed that God change or advise me regarding my circumstances... I'm pretty sure he continues to direct me to my character that needs changing or growing. I've known it for a while but didn't want to accept it. I'd much rather he'd said "travel 10,000 miles, climb large mountains and swim the span of the sea..." it seems much easier than what I know he's asking me to do.

I have to focus inward. I have to learn to be a more patient, kind, loving and supportive person. I need to let go of my selfish ways and my "what's in it for me attitude". He's asking me to focus on those around me and not on myself and it's a scary task. Not looking out for #1 but fully trusting HE will look out for me when I am looking out for others. The idea is appealing - who wouldn't want to be selfless and more concerned with bringing out the good in others, supporting those in your life that deserve support and loving your close loved ones unconditionally. But while it's appealing it's not the easiest thing to do (atleast for someone who isn't use to doing it).

I ask for your prayers for me. I'm hoping to work on a change of character and stop focusing on my circumstances!

Thank you all! Prayers for CMB members in return!

Peace2008
Sep 8th 2008, 09:16 PM
praying for a change of character and a closer walk with the Lord

steelerbabe
Sep 8th 2008, 11:18 PM
I call it spirtual natilus:D I will be praying for you to be in his perfect will. Just remember we change little by little, glory to glory. His grace will transform you.

Beloved by God
Sep 9th 2008, 03:30 AM
I am praying for you. The fact that you know what you need to do is good. You are hearing His voice and obeying, a lot of people never get that far.

karenoka27
Sep 9th 2008, 11:19 AM
God is always changing us to become more like His Son and less like ourselves. We are being conformed into the image of Christ. Our flesh sure doesn't like it, but Praise God He doesn't give up on us.
Praying for you and all of us as we are being molded into His image.

turtledove
Sep 9th 2008, 03:12 PM
Yes, looking within is good.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
See to it, then, that the light within you is not darkness. (Luke 11:35)

nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is within [ Or among] you." (Luke 17:35)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My prayers for you.

Frances
Sep 9th 2008, 04:33 PM
:pray: . . .

(been there, done that, and got the T shirt - I've learned from experience that it's much easier to do what God wants straight away; when I have rebelled then thought He'd let me off the hook, it was only to discover, maybe years later, that I'd still got to do what He originally said . . . :()