PDA

View Full Version : Migraines

Soulangel
Sep 9th 2008, 02:17 AM
I suffer from migraines and today is day two of one, I need to ask for prayer so that I won't have to go and have an injection. If it gets any worse or doesn't go away that's where I'm headed. I've never asked for prayer here before, however I'm so unwell this time as my chest is infected and I'm finding it hard to breathe as well, also sleep is hard to come by, that I think it's time I waved a white flag of surrender and asked for help instead of trying to do it on my own. Thanks for taking the time to read this, may God bless you, Linda:pray:

livingword26
Sep 9th 2008, 02:28 AM
I prayed and I am sure many others have or will. Go to the doctor if you need to though. I have suffered form migraines as well. Don't make yourself suffer if it can be helped. God bless you.

karenoka27
Sep 9th 2008, 02:34 AM
Linda,:hug: It is a good thing to share with others when you need prayer.
When Joshua was fighting the battle, Moses would hold up the staff and Israel would win...when Moses got tired and put his arm down, they would lose. So Aaron and Hur helped him hold it up..and they had victory! I believe this is a good lesson for prayer. We need to hold each other up when a brother or sister is weak. I'm here, holding you up in prayer.

Exodus 17:11-"And it came to pass, when Moses held up his hand, that Israel prevailed: and when he let down his hand, Amalek prevailed.12But Moses hands were heavy; and they took a stone, and put it under him, and he sat thereon; and Aaron and Hur stayed up his hands, the one on the one side, and the other on the other side; and his hands were steady until the going down of the sun.13And Joshua discomfited Amalek and his people with the edge of the sword."

steelerbabe
Sep 9th 2008, 09:57 AM
Linda,
My son suffers from migraines as well:(I am praying for you to be free of this horrible pain and suffering.

turtledove
Sep 9th 2008, 03:18 PM
Praying for you, Linda! :hug:

Frances
Sep 9th 2008, 04:25 PM
:pray: for Healing - and the widom to know if the cause is dietry. . .

Elouise
Sep 9th 2008, 04:31 PM
:hug: Prayer.

Do not think you are bothering the doctor if you feel truly ill and do go if it lasts more than 72 hours after triptains.

tt1106
Sep 9th 2008, 04:42 PM
Prayer for healing. :hug:

miepie
Sep 9th 2008, 07:59 PM
Sorry to hear you suffer from migraines. :hug: I will pray for you and I'm here for you if you want to talk. :hug:

Love you,
Mieke :kiss:

CoffeeCat
Sep 9th 2008, 09:18 PM
Praying for you, Linda. Go see the doctor if it's not any better -- God gave us science, medicine and folks with expertise for a very good reason. God bless. :hug:

Soulangel
Sep 10th 2008, 02:34 AM
Thank you all so very much for your prayers, they have been answered, the migraine is receding rapidly and now I just need to rest, eat, and take it easy. Praise God and again, thank you to everyone who prayed, I appreciate it very much, Linda:)

Peace2008
Sep 10th 2008, 03:27 PM
will be praying for your migraines

Ta-An
Sep 10th 2008, 05:02 PM
Linda, do you know what it is that triggers your migraines??

Redneck Charger
Sep 11th 2008, 10:43 AM
Jesus.. Please help with this migraine.. Please relive it..and help with the infection in their chest.. Please Jesus Help...:pray:

Soulangel
Sep 13th 2008, 03:33 PM
:pray:Thank you for your continued love and prayers, I'm much better now. Yes, I do know what causes the migraines to a degree and it's not necessarily an easy answer. I have PTSD and if events in my every day life suddenly change, then I can handle that change, however if more and more changes continue to happen over the course of a couple of days, plus I don't get enough sleep then that equation will guarantee the beginning of a migraine. Now it depends how quickly I can get on top of it, as to how quickly I can get rid of it and how far down the treatment line I have to go.

I'm actually planning on going back to the naturopath to have a series of sessions because last time I did this I was migraine free for 5 months, I can't remember what he said exactly, but it was something to do with a liver and something else being out of balance.

Thanks again ~ Soulangel

Ta-An
Sep 13th 2008, 03:53 PM
So stress plays a major role in your migraines :hmm:

Soulangel
Sep 13th 2008, 03:55 PM
Yes, absolutely

Ta-An
Sep 13th 2008, 04:02 PM
Do you exercise a hobby that can dilute the stress a bit??

Soulangel
Sep 13th 2008, 04:21 PM
Thank you for your love and caring, I truly appreciate it. I have several things I love to do, reading, writing and I exercise nearly every day. Having PTSD undiagnosed for 26 years has created reactive habits which I now have to consciously work through and with God's help I'm actually coming up with my own cognitive behaviour therapy solutions to different situations i.e. I get creative with changing my behaviour patterns. Unfortunately because no one picked up the PTSD which is so severe it can cause epileptic seizures for nearly three decades I have a lot of work to undo the damage which was done, so as the saying goes, it won't happen overnight, but it will happen!!!!:lol:

Ta-An
Sep 13th 2008, 04:46 PM
PTSD..... Post traumatic stress disorder...??? Am I correct??