PDA

View Full Version : Going to see Jeremy Camp tonight at the fair

moonglow
Sep 9th 2008, 07:24 PM
My whole family is going too actually...sisters and their families, my mom and her husband and most of the kids too...(one got in big trouble so doesn't get to go). :cool: Ought to be a good show. Nate's never been to a concert there so is excited about going. :)

For those that don't know who Jeremy Camp is...he is a Christian singer...this is probably one of his more popular songs: I Still Believe (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNqw2ssYXC8)
'
The state fair hasn't really booked Christian singers much (if any that I can remember) before and mostly just had Christian groups do free entertainment so I hope there is a large turn out this evening so they will get more in the future! :)

God bless

Slug1
Sep 9th 2008, 07:41 PM
This is one concert I'd like to go to!

CoffeeCat
Sep 9th 2008, 08:56 PM
I hope you and your family have a great time at the concert! :) I'd love to go to that, too.

moonglow
Sep 10th 2008, 02:23 PM
Well....it was a good show...big crowd...only problem is they had their lights flashing into the crowd...very blinding lights...sometimes strobe lights and two of the kids, Nate and his cousin literally got sick from the loud music and bright lights in their eyes. Nate was in tears shortly after they started doing that...he had started to eat a sandwich we got from the stand but the lights hurt his eyes, made his head hurt and made him feel sick to his stomach. And his cousin ended up with a migraine half way through the show and had to go sit outside the stands (his cousin is ten and Nate is 12). And my mom, I know suffered terribly as bright lights already hurt her eyes alot because she is having eye problems right now. She put on her sunglasses but I don't think it helped much.

I had Nate move to as high up in the stands as we could get hoping that would help but still the lights reached us even there. He literally could not watch the show because we never knew when they would start with the lights again. These were blinding white lights! I have no idea what the point was in flashing them into the crowd like that. :(

Finally I had us move again to the far side of the grand stand and I watched Camp on the giant screen they had on both sides there. We had really good seat in front of the stage originally! But it was just too loud for these boys and the lights too much...:( It was so loud unless you already knew the song you couldn't understand the words very well at all.

I guess I am used to concerts like this...if it had just been me, I probably would have enjoyed it...:cool:

slightlypuzzled
Sep 10th 2008, 02:32 PM
My kid is the same way, she hates bright lights and loud noises; so has never been an avid concert goer. Hard to figure on the noises though, she likes to play her music a little louder than usual, but likes silence if she has to work on a hard homework assignment.

Anyway, I hope ya' got something out of it all, he is a good singer and that is a very good song.....:thumbsup:

moonglow
Sep 10th 2008, 03:22 PM
My kid is the same way, she hates bright lights and loud noises; so has never been an avid concert goer. Hard to figure on the noises though, she likes to play her music a little louder than usual, but likes silence if she has to work on a hard homework assignment.

Anyway, I hope ya' got something out of it all, he is a good singer and that is a very good song.....:thumbsup:

Well I am afraid Nate isn't going to be a Jeremy Camp fan after this...:rolleyes: I was really looking forward to him enjoying it...but instead I felt like I was making him stay and be tormented instead...:cry: