PDA

View Full Version : Question for a particular member...

nikkiw
Sep 10th 2008, 02:00 AM
Hi, My name is Nikki and I have been reading here for quite some time, and i was wondering if it is allowed to ask a particular member to contact me either directly or it can be an open discussion, about a particular subject to discuss it off the board as it is not an allowed topic on the board. I basically just want a better explanation of a topic, but don't intend on promoting anything, just want a better understanding of it. thanks a bunch in advance! =)

Nikki

quiet dove
Sep 10th 2008, 02:02 AM
Nikki, it will be 7 days and 10 post before you can PM and emails are not allowed on the open board, you may just have to wait it out.

nikkiw
Sep 10th 2008, 02:03 AM
ok, thank you! I appreciate your response! =)

Literalist-Luke
Sep 10th 2008, 02:51 AM
quiet dove, would it be acceptable in the meantime to address an individual in an open post if nikkiw so desired? (That is, so long as it didn't mention an email address or other potentially private info?)

quiet dove
Sep 10th 2008, 03:18 AM
as it is not an allowed topic on the board

That is why I was figuring on the wait or I would say yes.

Literalist-Luke
Sep 10th 2008, 03:21 AM
That is why I was figuring on the wait or I would say yes.Oops, missed that, sorry. :D

nikkiw
Sep 11th 2008, 12:37 AM
I really am looking, for informational purposes only, for a better understanding of the differences between Preterism and Dispensationalism. I have done a search on the topic, and i'm having trouble understanding some of what is being talked about. I was hoping MarkEdward or LiteralistLuke, or both, would care to discuss this topic with me. I have been reading on this board for quite some time, and I have seen their posting styles and research capabilities and respect their opinions and beliefs. If this topic is not allowed, I understand, but I am not looking to force an opinion or gain a conversion to Preterism, merely a better understanding. I am currently reading Endtimes Controversy by Tim LaHaye and Thomas Ice. I appreciate your time and attention in this matter. Thanks! :)

Nikki

Literalist-Luke
Sep 11th 2008, 12:48 AM
As far as I can tell from what you say here, that topic would be entirely allowed. I would be very happy to discuss it with you. MarkEdward and I have just finished "locking horns" on a related topic (Babylon) anyway, so I'm sure we'll be "happy" to do it again. :lol:

I should caution you, however, that I am not a "traditional" Dispensationalist. I see the Rapture as being Post-Tribulational (at the end of the seven-year Tribulation), and most Dispensationalists will place the Rapture just prior to the seven-year Tribulation, which is called Pre-Tribulationism. But as long as you are aware of that, if you are still interested, just start a thread and I'm sure we can get something goin'. :thumbsup:

Literalist-Luke
Sep 11th 2008, 12:49 AM
By the way, I see you're in Houston - I assume you've started getting ready for Ike? :o

nikkiw
Sep 11th 2008, 12:54 AM
Ok, That sounds good! Yes, i am just getting some water supplies and some canned foodstuffs ready with a full tank of gas. We are probably not going anywhere as we are in north Houston and don't expect much flooding. But if we go, it will be Livingston/Onalaska area.

quiet dove
Sep 11th 2008, 04:28 AM
Partial preterism is allowed, but full preterism is not. Markedward, would no the boundaries, but be careful so as to not end up with deleted post.