PDA

View Full Version : World Trade Center

EaglesWINGS911
Sep 10th 2008, 02:43 AM
I watched a great movie today...World Trade Center. It came out a couple of years ago, but for some reason, I'd been avoiding watching it until now. It's a fitting time to watch it, since we are a day away from the 7th anniversary of the tragedies of that day.
When I started watching the film, I didn't really know what to expect, but it was indeed very very moving. Some things really brought tears to my eyes, just from remembering things seen that day...the people jumping out of the buildings, the firefighters and police officers rushing in to help rescue those trapped inside, and the wives and families waiting to hear news of their loved ones. It also painted pictures of things that I had never really thought about. For instance, the scene of the building collapsing...for some reason it never occured to me that there were people in sight of the two Officers that survived the collapse. They just disappeared. For a lot of us, 7 yrs and 2 wars later, it's easy to get numb to what really happened, to be tempted to forget. This film is a monument to all those who lost their lives and to the heroic men and women who risked everything to help others. It should be required for every American to watch this movie.
9/11 Let us never forget.

BrckBrln
Sep 10th 2008, 03:11 AM
The Oliver Stone movie? Haven't seen it. However, I have seen the television mini series The Path To 9/11 and that was excellent. I wish it would come out on DVD but I don't know if that will ever happen. But, yeah, I can't believe it's been seven years.

ilovemetal
Sep 10th 2008, 05:58 AM
that whole thing is sketchy at best for me. very contiversial, as i'm sure you know. i generally stay away from any thing realted to 9/11, cept the conspirict theory stuff about it;)

i'm sure the movie was good tho.:D

Cloudwalker
Sep 10th 2008, 04:24 PM
I haven't seen this movie nor will I. The memory of that day is still to raw. It may, eventually, get to a place where I can go see this movie, but I doubt it. (I do remember this movie coming out and I have no doubt that it is well done). Here is something I wrote for the 5 year anniversary. I think it is appropriate here.

FIVE YEARS

Five years,
We will not forget.
We will not forget
The horror,
The terror,
The misery,
The mayhem.
Five years.
We will not forget.

Five years,
We will not forget.
We will not forget
The heroism,
The sacrifice,
The bravery,
The compassion.
Five years.
We will not forget.
WE WILL NEVER FORGET!!!

_____ _____
____David E. Cloud____
(9/11/2006)

Written on the fifth anniversary of the terrorist attack on 9/11/2001 and dedicated to the memory of the heroes, both living and dead, of that day,

unpublished work copyright David Cloud 2006 used by permission

(afraid I can't get the spacing of the poem to go the way it is in the original. Sorry.)