PDA

View Full Version : Young girl facing brain tumor

Ravenwspr
Sep 10th 2008, 05:26 AM
Sarah is a young girl and friend of Dale and Sharon Thompson who is suffering from major health issues with cancer. The doctors believe she might have a brain tumor as well, and are working on confirmation/treatment. Sarah does not have any friends or family by her side, shes on her own at the hospital. Please stand together in prayer for her, she is in alot of pain and discomfort and only has a few people in touch via email. I will post updates as I get them from the Thompsons. The last letter recieved gave notice that the nurses have contact information if she does not survive (it is that serious) Please be praying. Thank you all and thank the Lord for having love and grace and wisdom to cover us all.:pray:

Ashley274
Sep 10th 2008, 05:44 AM
:cry: I am so sorry to hear this about Sarah ..this is sad ..I hate the thought she doesn't have anyone to come and visit her ...I wish I could send her a card....please let her know that people here care and that we are praying for her :hug:

Buckeye Doug
Sep 10th 2008, 06:54 AM
This is so sad.
Praying for the Lord's intervention right now.

Ravenwspr
Sep 10th 2008, 03:19 PM
I'll post any updates that I get. Dale and Sharon have been talking to her on the phone but they are in different states. Sharon has been having chemo treatments this year and the situation hits close to home for them.
If its ok ill copy replies here and pass on to them to share, no news yet this morning (hoping that is good), thank you

livingwaters
Sep 10th 2008, 07:40 PM
:pray::pray:ing for Sarah, Dale and Sharon...Please Lord touch all of these mentioned, Father. They are dealing with a disease of cancer, which is from the devil. We know that YOU have already defeated the devil, so we are able to bind and cast into the abyss,this evil disease, in Jesus' name. Lord, you said if two or more come together, as in touching, whatever they pray for, it will be given....We know YOUR Word is the Truth. We know that YOU wish for us to have abundant life, overflowing with blessing and free from all disease...Amen. We thank you in the name of Jesus!!!! Amen.:hug: Praise you Father!!!!

God Bless.:)

Tanya~
Sep 10th 2008, 11:47 PM
Praying for Sarah! :pray:

IMINXTC
Sep 11th 2008, 01:50 AM
We will pray for Sarah in our group prayer daily. And we do appreciate updates on her situation when possible. Thanks for being there for her!

Ravenwspr
Sep 11th 2008, 05:16 AM
I'll ask Dale and Sharon for an update tomorrow and post here, thank you all

pinkroses
Sep 11th 2008, 08:09 AM
Praying for Sarah and her family in Jesus name.

Ravenwspr
Sep 13th 2008, 04:20 PM
Got a short note/update on Sarah, shes still hanging in there but has some paralisis on her left side to deal with, will update whenever I hear more, thank you! and keep praying :)

Ashley274
Sep 14th 2008, 07:26 AM
Some good news cool...I will pray for a FULL recovery

Redneck Charger
Sep 14th 2008, 11:36 AM
Please Jesus.. Please watch over Sarah.. Please help her get better.. Please Jesus help Sarah..:pray::pray:

Ravenwspr
Sep 15th 2008, 07:08 AM
Just got letter today from Dale and Sharon and wanted to post before going back up to hospital (Sharon has been facing cancer also, please remember her as well as Sarah) :

Many of you have joined us in prayer for both my wife and my dear friend Sarah. I promised to keep you updated. This has been a good week for Sharon. She regained her strength after twoweeks of horrific side affects from her last treatment. Sharon returns for her LAST treatment of chemotherapy on Thursday of thiscoming week. After this session she will spend the mext 4 to 5 weeksbuilding herself up for the next issue. She still has to undergo the finalstage of breast reconstruction. She had thought about waiting until earlynext year so that she could enjoy Thanksgiving and Christmas without the illdreads of surgery lingering. But we both agree we want this nightmare to endand be able to start 2009 without having to spend endless hours in hospitalsand being counseled by doctors. Sharon wanted me to thank everyone that have kept her lifted up and who havedaily thought about her and others going through the same situation.

Now my friend Sarah and I speak daily even though she is hudreds of milesaway.
She wrote to me this morning this note and I will share it with you now. For those of you that are praying for her and believing her lettermight give some clues on how you can direct your prayers. "Good Sunday morning to you. Well, after a night of praying and reflection,I have decided to stop all radiation treatments. I will have the heartmonitor removed, the IV fluids stopped and have the tube removed from bybreast.

I will keep the PIK line in and continue with Chemo as usual. I amgetting out of bed and trying to walk everyday to strengthen my left side. Irefuse to be in a wheelchair. There are hand rails along the walls so I wontfall. I am also wearing my running shoes. I am also getting out of thesedepressing hospital gowns and putting back on my clothes. My jeans and anoversized shirt - nothing feels better. I am also going to start visitingother patients on the palliative care unit and pray with them and give themwhatever they need.

I refuse to be a victim to this. Once I can walk on myown and take care of myself, I will release myself from the hospital. I believe in the power of prayer and self-healing.

With the Lord there togive me a butt kicking when I need it and with you standing right there bymy side, I know I can do this." (Sarah)

The hospitals are full of cancer patients looking for miracles. Many of youhave first hand experince with this so you know how devastating this can be when it enters your life. Those of you that just think that cancer is a word and that it will never come knocking... well we did to.

Yours in Christ Jesus, Dale

IMINXTC
Sep 15th 2008, 07:17 AM
Thank you for the encouraging update! We will continue to pray for Sharon, Sarah and you as you go through this time with your Mom.

Redneck Charger
Sep 15th 2008, 10:03 AM
Please Jesus.. keep a watchful eye on Sharon and Sarah.. Please help them both.. Please Jesus..:pray::pray:

Befaithful
Sep 15th 2008, 11:23 PM
Standing with you in agreement for healing and recovery. Lord I yield these women to you. Lord keep their faces before your throne.

Embrace them with your love dear Lord. Hedge them in with your grace and mercy. Pray your healing touch on their bodies Lord and those they pray for. Thank you Jesus. Bring glory to your name thru their lives and situations.

Plead the precious blood of Jesus to flow through every orifice of their being move into every crevice and restore renew them dear Savior. Pray you will give them godly doctors with your wisdom and knowledge to perform their duties and in prscribing their medicines.

Strengthen Dana as she pilots out to visit other cancer patients I thank you that you have put this desire on her heart. Give her strength courage and the words to share to uplift and comfort others. That she would pray for healing for all and receive your touch on her self as well.

Lord some of those precious folks have emotional cancer we pray you would touch them and heal every broken place Lord. Praise you Lord.

I lift up Sharon and pray for a creative miracle for her now as she entrusts herself to walk thru the different procedures. I pray for your perfect healing on this body and long life with her family. Lord above all we pray for your will in each of their lives. Thank you Lord Jesus

We praise you and thank you for touching Dana with the desire to pray for others during her difficult time. Thank you Lord we praise you and give you all the glory for these lives and their love for you and the purpose and healings you have for each of their lives.

Comfort each patient and each family member. I pray for you peace to rest on them and that they would know you are in control and Your peace that surpasses all understanding give them rest.

Thank you for giving Dana a spiritual family. May those who do not know you as Lord and Savior yield their hearts and lives to you. In Jesus precious name I pray. Help us to walk with you today and every day Jesus and be a blessing. Amen. Amen.:hug:

CoffeeCat
Sep 15th 2008, 11:44 PM
Praying for Sarah and for Sharon, as well!